Total Pageviews

Friday, June 5, 2015

Main Event and Smackdown Reax - 6/4/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Smackdown.

Main Event:
So-so segment with Rose and Rosa. I don't think this act can go but so far.

Overall, a pretty good opening match. Rose seems to be getting better in the ring, pulling on his experience from before he was this character.

Alicia's pretty technically sound. She'd be good to swap places with Emma in NXT at some point.

Nice second match. I enjoy Paige and Alicia.

Enjoyable third match so far. I see R-Truth is still a thorn in Barrett's side.

Good ending to the match. They did good work.

Fine ending to the show to keep things going.

Smackdown:
Seth Rollins is a really good heel. I like when he doesn't have to share too much of a spotlight with the other Authority members.

I'm sensing some foreshadowing with Rollins mentioning Lesnar being gone.

Really good Ambrose promo, too. MITB should be quite the show with them fighting for the title.

The Ascension seem to be improving lately. I don't know if that's just because we're seeing them in longer matches or if it's because they're working with a team they're familiar with in the Lucha Dragons or what, but I'm enjoying it.

This has been a pretty good tag match so far. I think any of the teams could put on a solid match with the champions, although maybe less so with The Ascension.

Good match with a good ending. PTP vs. New Day should be fun.

I really enjoyed the New Day promo. They're much better as heels.

Ryback vs. Stardust was fine. I'm fine with them seeing what they have in Ryback as IC Champion.

Pretty good Paige promo. Hopefully the next Divas' Title match will be better than the one at Elimination Chamber.

I mostly liked the Harper/Rowan segment. I'm ready for them to get back with Bray!

I really liked Owens' promo. They need to be really smart with how they book him going forward so he doesn't end up like some of Cena's other opponents.

Well, that didn't take long! Good showing by Owens.

NICE post-match to keep putting heat on the NXT Champion.

Sheamus vs. Reigns should be a good slugfest/brawl.

I think there's something to Neville being the quickest guy in MITB. That would really help him in climbing the ladder to victory.

Neville is a really amazing wrestler. I see parallels to Kofi in a lot of ways. Nice match. They definitely like Neville.

I mostly liked MizTV. Rusev was great at reeling her in using his wounded status.

I'm liking Sheamus vs. Reigns. They work well together for things like this.

NNNOOOOO. This was going well until The Authority ran-in. I'm getting pretty tired of that ending.

I'm not crazy about Kane entering MITB, but it could be fun to have The Authority be involved in all the carnage. The story would be Kane trying to win MITB as an insurance policy in case Rollins isn't champion. Kane can keep the title in The Authority. I think they can still do Kane vs. Rollins at Battleground without involving the briefcase.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment