Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 10, 2018

NXT and ROH Reax - 5/9/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- Ricochet/Dream:
Ric has charisma. I'm impressed with how much of a complete package he is.

I like Velveteen challenging him. I mean, Ric didn't even win the North American Title in his second televised match.

Dream is something else.

Nice line about ending up in the back in the line.

This is good!!

I liked that. Good to see Dream stepping up and Ric getting to do more than fly.

- EC3 vs. Raul:
EC3 having trouble with Mendoza. Raul has something to prove!

Not bad!

- Post-match:
I like this.

EC3 hasn't gotten the kind of spotlight he got in Impact, but hopefully that will change.

- Dunne/Oney/Burch:
I like that people in NXT don't just become faces once they're facing heels.

- Kai vs. Borne:
Nice start.

Vanessa has some fire.

NICE kicks.

HOLY SHIT what a finisher.

- Post-match:
Poor Dakota.

I love that Shayna just fucks up everyone she comes across.

- Dakota/Shayna/Cross:
I don't blame Kai for not wanting anything from Baszler.

I would MARK THE FUCK OUT for Nikki vs. Baszler. Maybe in Brooklyn?

- Raiders vs. Otis/Tucker:
Oh I love this battle.

Rowe and Hanson are a well-oiled (War) Machine.

The Raiders look like beasts here.

That was great. Otis and Tucker didn't look like chumps in defeat.

- Profits promo:
I like these two, but it's going to be tough to stand out in a stacked division.

- Ciampa vs. Ohno:
These two have faced off in PWG, Smash, and AAW before here.

Kassius might be able to take it to this bully.

Nice physicality here.

Ciampa is INTENSE.

This is badass. Tommaso is taking it to him.

Kassius can hit hard, too.

Hahah Ciampa using the ref as a shield.

This is good!

This is a BATTLE.

OUCCCHHHHHHH that finisher!!!

- Post-match:
Kassius messed with the wrong guy.

Who's going to stop Tomasso!? Black?

-- ROH: 
- C2C promo:
Nice. They're growing from being a team I had really written off.


- Bruiser/Milonas vs. C2C:
I like how these two sides work together.

OOOOOOOOHHHHH that missed cannonball.

I like some hoss action.

Both sides are impressive here.

Good work.

- Lethal promo:
I like that he can't just get right back into a title picture.


- Bucks promo:
Eh. They're kind of coasting as characters now.


- Rhett promo:
Not bad.


- Ferrara vs. Gresham:
Nice start.


I like the story going on here.

Impressive stuff from Ferrara.

Gresham is game. That was all good.

- Post-match:
Interesting. Maybe Chris and Alex are still on the same page afterall.


- Cody/Scurll:
OK that was pretty funny.


Good stuff to keep this going.

- SCU promo:
Pretty good.


- Taylor/Nova:
I like this!


Nice work from Shane.

- Taylor vs. Nova:
Fun stuff.


- Kingdom promo:
Ooooooh. Good use of Shane.


- Castle/Boys:
Eh.


- Castle/Boys vs. Kingdom:
Fun so far.


Castle vs. Taven should be solid.

The Boys aren't providing Dalton much protection.

This is pretty interesting.

It's tough to keep three physical titles.

This is goofy, but mostly fun.

Smart ending to keep the feud going.

- Post-match:
BAH GAWD ALMIGHTY ENOUGH IS E-DAMN-NOUGH! Solid angle.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment