Total Pageviews

Friday, January 2, 2015

Lawler in the hospital, NXT moving, TNA coverage update, and Questions on Reigns, big matches on free TV, "Total Divas" stars going for the title, lifts, and Daniel Bryan

Jerry Lawler was hospitalized due to diverticulitis, and is expected to remain there for a few more days. I wish him a speedy recovery. That doesn't sound pleasant.

NXT will move to Wednesdays once Smackdown moves to Thursdays. Superstars will likely do the same, but there hasn't been an official announcement of that. So, the new schedule will be:
Mondays - Raw
Tuesdays - Main Event
Wednesdays - NXT (and Superstars)
Thursdays - Smackdown
Fridays - Impact Wrestling

Speaking of Impact Wrestling, I'm considering cutting off coverage after Lockdown or around April 1. If they're no longer a "major promotion" with big viewership, it's not really fair to cover them at the expense of similar-sized promotions I don't cover. They're in some ways just another indie promotion then, and I don't really have the time to cover TNA, ROH, DGUSA/EVOLVE, etc. in addition to WWE. Or, at least not enough time to give them their just amount of attention. I'll see how things play out for TNA in the next few months before making a decision.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. It will be interesting to find out! I like Reigns, too, but I definitely think Ziggler or Bryan should win the Rumble. If Reigns does win, I want to see Ambrose beat Rollins for the briefcase at Mania and cash in after BROCK. LESNAR. escapes a war with Reigns at Mania. They could then do Reigns as a heel vs. Ambrose, Rollins vs. Ambrose, and Wyatt vs. Ambrose as title feuds if those options aren't stale by then. Otherwise, Bryan vs. Rollins would be a good feud for after Mania. As for Reigns, I definitely think there will be backlash if he wins the Rumble. The vocal minority has been quite vocal about not liking him. That said, he's got a lot of fans who would be fine with him winning.

2. Yeah, the comparison would hold more true if they gave away something like Bryan vs. Lesnar on free TV. I see the point, though. They're definitely not learning from history in some ways.

3. I'm not sure how that one got started. Paige will be fine. She's has a good number of PPV appearances and title matches for someone in her first year on TV.

4. I wonder how many wrestlers wear lifts, and how big they are. I know Punk commented on that a few times.

5. Get a load of this guy... it's hard to be a top guy when you're injured. What's the point of chanting for someone who's stuck on the shelf and not part of the show? He's still really over and should be fine going forward.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment