Total Pageviews

Monday, November 25, 2019

Survivor Series Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special event.
-- Kickoff:
- Heyman promo:
I love his hype. He's done as good of a job as can be done to sell Rey as a threat.

- NXT team announcer:
Oh I'm all for Walter getting a chance here.

- Cole interview:
Cole has definitely had a really big couple of weeks.

- Bayley promo:
I'm all for her getting a push as a heel. This is a fresh chapter.

- Tag team battle royal:
Kind of an odd addition to the card, but it builds on the brand feud.

Hey at least these names are getting on the card. NXT names are doing better than the Colons and The Ascension!

Not bad for the time it had.

- Lio vs. Kalisto vs. Akira:
Good work so far.

This is smooth.

I liked the Kalisto/Akira segment.

That was cool!

- Zayn appearance:
I'm very glad Sami's hyping Shinsuke up.

- New Day promo:
This should be interesting.

- Big E/Kofi vs. Raiders vs. KOR/Fish:
I like how these teams work together. Everyone's getting to shine.

Fun to see two former ROH teams back at it.

I like the effort here.

Good to see everyone show what they can do.

That was badass!

-- Survivor Series:
- Women's elimination match:
-- Sasha/Carmella/Dana/Cross/Lacey vs. Charlotte/Natalya/Kabukis/Logan vs. Rhea/Io/Candice/Toni/Bianca:
This is going to be complicated to recap!

I like the story going on here.

Wow does Carmella look out of place here.

This is good so far.

Another good opportunity for everyone to show what they're made of. At one time this match would have gone seven minutes total.

Interesting stuff with Io and Candice.

Good first stretch.

-- Sasha/Carmella/Dana/Lacey vs. Charlotte/Natalya/Kabukis/Logan vs. Rhea/Io/Candice/Toni/Bianca:
Belair has a LOT going for her.

I love how everyone's protecting their partners.

-- Sasha/Carmella/Dana/Lacey vs. Charlotte/Natalya/Kabukis vs. Rhea/Io/Candice/Toni/Bianca:
Charlotte vs. Bianca will be fun at some point.

More good work.

-- Sasha/Dana/Lacey vs. Charlotte/Natalya/Kabukis vs. Rhea/Io/Candice/Toni/Bianca:
Glad to see so many talented women in WWE now.

That was a cool elimination. Got to have eyes in the back of your head!

-- Sasha/Dana/Lacey vs. Charlotte/Natalya/Asuka vs. Rhea/Io/Candice/Toni/Bianca:
Damn this is pretty even.

-- Sasha/Lacey vs. Charlotte/Natalya/Asuka vs. Rhea/Io/Candice/Toni/Bianca:
Interesting move from Asuka.

-- Sasha/Lacey vs. Natalya vs. Rhea/Io/Candice/Toni/Bianca:
More good work. Glad this is getting such time.

-- Sasha vs. Natalya vs. Rhea/Io/Candice/Toni/Bianca:
Fun stretch.

-- Sasha vs. Natalya vs. Rhea/Io/Candice/Bianca:
Interesting from Sasha and Natalya. I like them fighting for survival.

-- Sasha vs. Natalya vs. Rhea/Io/Candice:
I love Sasha. Great heel move.

-- Sasha vs. Rhea/Io/Candice:
This is good!

I love how smooth this is.

Awesome win!

- Seth/Owens:
I love the intrigue!

- AJ vs. Strong vs. Shinsuke:
This is an interesting mix, for sure.

This is good! Glad to see these talents showcased.

Smooth work from three veterans.

This is cool. I'm glad the NXT names are presented as on the level of the others.

I love how they're working together. It's avoiding the cliché of one name being thrown outside while the others fight.

I loved the Styles Clash/Angle Slam spot.

Everyone's looking good on this show. I love it.

This is great.

Really good work!

- Miz/Bryan:
That was good. This match should be intriguing.

- No Mauro:
That's a shame. It would have been a big moment for him to be there.

- Cole vs. Dunne:
I like the story here. Cole's almost the babyface in this one.

Hard work as usual from these two.

I love this back and forth!

This match stands out from your typical WWE match.

OH MY GOD THAT APRON BUMP.

Really, really good.

- Team Smackdown backstage:
I really wonder how that will go.

- Fiend vs. Bryan:
I love Bryan's energy. He's not intimidated.

I like how these two styles mesh.

Yeah it's going to take a LOT of kicks to keep him down.

I loved that Mandible Claw counter!

Not bad overall.

- Rey interview:
I like the history lesson.

I'm all for a new side of Rey.

That was badass! Glad to see it.

- Men's elimination match:
-- Roman/Braun/Corbin/Ali/Shorty vs. Seth/Orton/Owens/Drew/Ricochet vs. Ciampa/Walter/Keith/Riddle/Priest:
I'm loving the combinations of wrestlers we're getting on this show.

Holy shit Walter, Drew, and Braun!

That was REALLY good. Very unfortunate Walter was out so early.

-- Roman/Braun/Corbin/Ali/Shorty vs. Seth/Orton/Owens/Drew/Ricochet vs. Ciampa/Keith/Riddle/Priest:
I'm really enjoying this show. It's fresh.

I loved the double Pele.

-- Roman/Braun/Corbin/Ali vs. Seth/Orton/Owens/Drew/Ricochet vs. Ciampa/Keith/Riddle/Priest:
Smackdown is kind of the weak link here, story-wise. They need a Heyman or HHH at the helm.

Not crazy about that elimination.

-- Roman/Braun/Corbin/Ali vs. Seth/Orton/Drew/Ricochet vs. Ciampa/Keith/Riddle/Priest:
Really cool to see Ciampa vs. Orton. That could be money someday.

Wow poor Damian.

-- Roman/Braun/Corbin/Ali vs. Seth/Orton/Drew/Ricochet vs. Ciampa/Keith/Riddle:
NICE upset from Riddle.

-- Roman/Braun/Corbin/Ali vs. Seth/Drew/Ricochet vs. Ciampa/Keith/Riddle:
Nice steal from Corbin.

-- Roman/Braun/Corbin/Ali vs. Seth/Drew/Ricochet vs. Ciampa/Keith:
I love Survivor Series elimination matches when done well, as this one is.

There's some real serious hosses here.

I liked the teamwork to get rid of Braun.

-- Roman/Corbin/Ali vs. Seth/Drew/Ricochet vs. Ciampa/Keith:
Corbin looking strong here.

-- Roman/Corbin/Ali vs. Seth/Drew vs. Ciampa/Keith:
Poor Ali. Corbin's getting a ton of spotlight.

-- Roman/Corbin vs. Seth/Drew vs. Ciampa/Keith:
2 on 2 on 2!

NICE elimination.

-- Roman/Corbin vs. Seth vs. Ciampa/Keith:Glad to see Ciampa make it this long.

Interesting elimination there.

-- Roman vs. Seth vs. Ciampa/Keith:
Ha. I like the idea of a Shield reunion against the NXT guys.

This is good.

That was all nice. Surprised Keith is the last man on his team.

-- Roman vs. Seth vs. Keith:
WHOA big moment for Keith!!!!

-- Roman vs. Keith:
That was a really badass final stretch. This show is great.

- Brock vs. Rey:
Oh yeah, Rey's in trouble.

Hahahahaha I loved Brock refusing to win that way.

Wow, this is an interesting spectacle.

Dominic's been learning!!

Fun while it lasted. I kind of wish there had been more.

- Bayley vs. Becky vs. Shayna:
Did not expect this to headline. Make good for Crown Jewel?

OHHHHHH BOY this is already heated.

I love the energy on this card.

I like how these personalities go together.

Yeah, DO NOT play games with Shayna Baszler.

Everyone looks good here.

I love how vicious Shayna is.

This is intense. I like it.

That was all solid!

- Post-match:
Yep, gotta keep Becky strong. That was a pretty badass ending, though.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment