Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Gargano's last stands at EVOLVE set, Sin Cara teaser, Raw to Chile, Rollins press, pre-order Booty O's, TNA audience, Battleground Kickoff match, new logos for Raw and Smackdown, WWE star off live events, and Questions on ECW fans booing Rey, touring WWE HQ, WWE's restaurant, ROH doing Final Deletion, and TNA producing FD

Johnny Gargano will finish up with EVOLVE at their September 11 show. He's definitely shown he's worthy of a regular NXT spot.

Sin Cara posted a video teasing a new start on Raw. I hope he has success there.

WWE is headed to Chile for a Raw-branded show on October 6. I wonder if the CWC's Alejandro Saez will be used in any fashion? I'm curious if he has any future with WWE.

Seth Rollins' wrestling school in Iowa was profiled. 

Booty O's are available exclusively at FYE. That's one of the greatest pieces of wrestling merchandise I've ever seen. The Shockmaster action figure is in that same high tier. 

Impact Wrestling drew 362,000 viewers in its new Thursday timeslot, and 48,000 in its replay airing. That's a promising start in their new (old) night. Hopefully they stay in the 350k and up range going forward. 

The Usos vs. Breezango has been set for the Battleground Kickoff show. I wholly expect that to go in favor of the Samoan brothers, but it'd be good if WWE started to rebuild its tag team division. When you only have half your teams on the show, there's more incentive to make each one matter. 

WWE unveiled new logos for Raw and Smackdown Live. I really like Smackdown's. Raw's I'm not as crazy about, but I'm glad they're distinct from each other. They've got a chance to make each show stand out; I hope they take it.

Simon Gotch is not on WWE's live events this weekend. It's believed this is punishment for the backstage fight with Sin Cara. Aiden English and Sin Cara are working (separate) live events, but Gotch is notably absent. We'll see if this extends to Tuesday's Smackdown.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I know in 2006 Rey had "refused to join the ECW brand" when offered a spot by Heyman, so that might have had something to do with it. Other than that, "smart" fans are pretty fickle. They might have turned on him after his WWE success.

2. By getting a job there, I suppose. Other than that, they really don't do tours. I'm under the impression it's pretty much a standard office building anyway.

3. I'd be interested in seeing another WWE-style restaurant aimed at a younger audience (generally speaking) with Shane-O-Mac & Cheese and Junkyard (Hot) Dogs and all that.

4. I really want to see that now. If anyone could pull it off, they could. Or Corino and Whitmer at Kevin Sullivan's dungeon or something.

5. It was all filmed on location with a small crew headed by Jeremy Borash.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment