Total Pageviews

Friday, July 22, 2016

Main Event Reax - 7/20/16 and ROH Reax - 7/21/16

Read on for my thoughts on Wednesday's Main Event and Thursday's ROH TV.

Main Event:
- G. Truth/Crews vs. Dudleys/Corbin:
I'm getting flashbacks to Team 3D and Ron Killings in TNA.

This is good action so far.

I like the work from the veterans.

Good ending from Crews. I hope he and Corbin get used more now.

- Kalisto vs. Viktor:
This isn't bad so far. I just don't have much reason to care about The Ascension.

Kalisto's doing pretty well. He would have fit right in for the CWC.

That was a nice ending. The Ascension are WAY down the ladder when they can't beat one guy.

- Breezango vs. Henry/Swagger:
I like the idea of a Henry/Swagger team. I get flashbacks to the ECW brand.

Nice action to start things up.

Swagger putting in a lot of work to set up Henry doing some power moves.

Henry did all he needed to do to win the match. I wonder what the next few months look like for him.

- Ziggler/Titus/Usos vs. Del Rio/Sheamus/S. Stars:
This is fun so far. Sometimes in WWE just having some people go out and have a good match is OK, mainly on the Network-only shows that warm the live crowd up.

I'm kind of going to miss the team of Del Rio and Sheamus, but it's for the best to have them apart for a while. They've interacted quite a bit.

I would have liked Del Rio using the Stars as his lackeys.

Sheamus is so underrated.

It's the "everyone comes in and hits moves" spot...

That was pretty good overall.

ROH:
- Kamaitachi vs. White:
I like this one right out of the gate. It's good to see some new faces in action.

Both men already going hard. It's a brawl instead of a spotfest.

Oh come on, Nigel. If you're going to be a believable authority figure, you need to take action when a heel does something dastardly in plain view of you. It's like Daniels was testing him and Nigel failed.

I'm enjoying Kamaitachi's work. He's someone to keep an eye on.

White's putting in a fine performance, but Kamaitachi's putting on a clinic.

That wasn't bad at all. It's really good for fresh blood to be here in ROH.

The Bad Influence reference was clever.

- MCMG/White vs. Addiction/Kamaitachi:
Kamaitachi is fitting right in with The Addiction. I'm impressed.

Nice heel work.

Good for the time it had.

I'm glad they're debuting the new team in an important way instead of them just showing up.

- PBK vs. Andrews/Anthony:
I'm all for a physical heel team in the mix.

Thank you Keith Lee for not obliging the crowd. I hate when heels do exactly what the crowd wants/chants for.

That wasn't bad at all for a WWE-style team debut. I'm excited for the future of the Killers.

Hoss team vs. hoss team. Me gusta.

Of course they had to do a flip dive spot, even if it took out his partner, too.

Lethal vs. O'Reilly could be really special. Kyle would be a fresh World Champion.

Sullivan and Whitmer is a good pairing. Some parts of ROH are going in a good new direction.

- Strong vs. Castle:
This is a pretty odd match to end Strong's time in ROH, but I look forward to the combination of styles.

Good so far. I hope Strong has a more fun character wherever he goes from here.

That was a nice start before the break.

Good sequence where Strong fought with the Boys into Strong putting Castle into the ring post. He can be a useful hand in TNA or WWE.

I'm enjoying the counter-wrestling here.

This is quite enjoyable.

Really solid action overall.

I appreciate putting Castle through the ringer, but that might have been one kickout too many.

I hope Strong contributes to some good entertainment going forward.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment