Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Raw Reax - 7/4/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
I have a feeling this is going to be a crazy "WWE Comedy" show like the time Del Rio hit Santa with his car.

Wow this is something else. I feel bad for catering having to throw out all that good food.

Somehow I don't think Kane and Big Show are going to appreciate Slater breaking up their confrontations.

There were some funny moments there.

- Rusev vs. Titus:
I love a good STRONK-off.

Titus looked good there. It was big for Rusev to survive Clash of the Titus.

That was fun for the time it had.

God Rusev is so BASED. I hope he's got a big future.

I was looking forward to hearing more from the Outcasts. I kind of wish they had a fourth member now that Rose is gone.

Enzo eating the Outcasts up here.

Cass was great, too. Less can be more.

- Bo/Axel vs. Enzo/Cass:
This match really makes me miss Santino. He and the Cobra would have been fun here.

That was fun for how short it was.

Good stuff from Charlotte.

Charlotte and Sasha bringing the best out of each other.

That was a good segment overall.

I love heel Miz.

- Miz vs. Ambrose:
Miz has a good strategy for beating Ambrose.

These two generally play off each other well. Miz has become something of a ring general for WWE.

That was mostly solid.

Smart to play off the press Brock is getting by announcing what he's doing for WWE before he goes and works in that other place. I want to see him face Cena, but I'd be down for him taking on one or more former Shield members.

- Rollins vs. Ziggler:
I could never see another superkick and probably be OK with that. I've definitely given up on it being a "real finisher" again.

That was good! Not much to say other than that. Both men work hard.

Rollins DESTROYING Roman here.

A shame we had to go from Seth's awesome promo to Dean's wackiness.

I look forward to the Shield triple threat.

It's really weird to match up New Day's gimmick with the Wyatts'.

Mostly good Wyatts speech.

I kind of wish Corbin would have been held off until after the draft. He's good enough to be on the main roster, but he's treading water.

I missed Vickie.

I'm ready to hear who's in charge of the brands already.

Pretty good promo from Show. He makes a good locker room leader character.

Really funny stuff from Ziggler. I love a good continuity gag.

- Vaudevillains vs. Golden Truth:
That was fun, just brief. I guess we'll see a rematch on Main Event or Superstars.

I'm interested to see how Darren performs as Bob Blacklund. I know, I know.

Gee, I wonder if Cena will overcome the odds.

I like AJ's digs at Cena. They're obviously scripted to get that "smark" base excited, and we've heard them before, but I like them.

I wasn't crazy about the Bushwhackers reference. Luke saying he would dress up as Festus or Kane or something would have been MUCH funnier.

That was fun overall. I'm glad Cena didn't beat three men on his own.

How long can Primo and Epico go without someone ending up in their corner to make them more interesting? Rosa Mendes is still employed, after all.

- Summer vs. Becky:
Summer's like the Blue Pants or Deonna Purrazzo of the main roster. She does well in defeat, though.

I half expect Natalya vs. Becky to turn into a feud for the "other" women's championship while Charlotte and Sasha face off for the current one. That would make sense, anyway.

This 16-man tag is going to be an absolute trainwreck, but hopefully a fun one.

I wish we would have gotten Carmella in roller skates for that Sonic ad.

I love New Day, but I wonder what effect this will have on the Wyatts being taken seriously.

I liked the Wyatts' response.

At least Xavier is selling the Wyatts.

I wanted Cena/Styles II, but the six-man should be good, as well.

- Show/Dudleys/Kane/Crews/Henry/Ryder/Swagger vs. Del Rio/Zayn/Owens/Sheamus/Y2J/Cesaro/Dragons:
I suppose we're supposed to pull for the heels from USA over the faces from outside the country? That's kind of scary in some ways.

Finishers everywhere!

The Dudleys didn't last long.

Don't make me miss the Real Americans like that.

Good work between Jericho and Swagger.

Weirdly enough, Kane was born in Madrid. Or maybe that was just Glenn Jacobs. Of course Kane was born in Undertaker's home town.

That's the first pinfall I've seen Henry get in forever.

I'd be interested in Owens vs. Henry to retire Mark.

Wait, wouldn't Owens using a chair on his own partner disqualify Kane?

Kane hitting someone no longer in the match with a chair shouldn't be a DQ...

NO ONE CAN TRUST KANE. Chaotic neutral as always. There's a libertarian joke in there somewhere.

Why isn't Cesaro DQ'd for attacking his own partners like Owens was? This match is crazy.

BEEG is going to save America from those evil foreigners.

Nice surprise ending. I'm glad Ryder got the pinfall.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment