Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Raw Reax - 7/11/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I missed Miz so much.

- IC Contendership Battle Royal:
Underwhelming return for Young and Backlund to randomly be in a battle royal with no hope, but we'll see where things look for him at summer's end.

I really hope Ziggler doesn't win. I'm burned out on him as a character and performer. He's a talented guy, but he's really hit a wall.

Goldust did better than I expected.

Apollo vs. Miz would be interesting. Crews could use the seasoning from working with a WWE veteran.

Young might actually win this. That'd be a pleasant surprise.

This is going pretty well, action-wise.

Ziggler vs. Del Rio is a great technical encounter, but is pretty boring because neither man is an interesting character anymore.

Surprise win for D-Young! He has been working against Miz on live events, so I can't say I'm shocked.

Thank you based Seth for saving us from a McMahon segment.

I hope Rollins can save the Ambrose Asylum from Wackyman, too.

Very brief Brock appearance. Brock vs. Orton should definitely be more entertaining than Brock vs. Hunt.

So much for LoN being broken up.

- Sheamus vs. Ryder:
Vince must not be a Rocksteady fan...

Oh, wow. Sheamus did win. Good for him.

Rusev's gonna kill you.

Shane should make Rusev vs. Sheamus. It's the New Era after all.

- Breezango vs. L. Dragons:
Fandango's one of those guys who makes the most of whatever role he has.

THEY'RE HAVIN FUN MAGGLE I LOVE IT.

That was quite good.

The Rollins Report is already eating the Ambrose Asylumn alive.

Seth going SO HARD on Roman right now. He's the hero we need.

Seth taking Ambrose to school, too.

Dean definitely went through some wars to make it to WWE. I wish we heard more about that Ambrose and less silliness.

Final Deletion was such a hit WWE's making their own version of it. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Owens forcing Zayn out was great. I hope he's a top heel after the brand split.

That Sami Zayn's a bully. I can't believe he attacked Owens like that.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Vince legitimately changed his mind in the middle of the segment. There's still time to put Patterson in charge of one show and Brisco in charge of the other.

- Owens vs. Cesaro:
This is pretty fun so far.

Both men go out. That can be good, or it can make the match just a whole bunch of MOVES.

So many uppercuts... A smart competitor would try to take out his arm.

That was pretty solid overall. Both men are really talented.

I'm ready for the Final Chapter (for now) between Zayn and Owens. I want to see their characters develop independently of each other.

WWE's really forcing the "Beat Up John Cena" meme. I wish The Club would have taken credit for Cena hosting the ESPYs to get away from them.

The Outcasts not referencing Slater Gator was disappointing. Low-hanging fruit...

- Slater vs. Titus:
This is alright; I wouldn't be surprised to see it on Superstars or Main Event.

HURRA HURRA HURRA.

Fun match for the time it had.

I'm so ready for Sasha to be champion.

Backlund and Darren on MizTV is a big test for Young to show he has the gift of gab.

This Wyatts/New Day segment is crazy. I love it.

Ahh this is fun. I miss crazy stuff like this.

Well that was certainly something different.

I really like Enzo and Cass. They're funny without it being forced.

- Enzo/Cass vs. Gallows/Anderson:
Enzo can go. He's not just a gimmick.

This is pretty good. I like seeing two fresh, talented teams mix it up.

Big Cass is really solid for a tall guy.

I guess Cena got done with rehearsals early. I'm glad this feud isn't focusing on him to the exclusion of The Club, Enzo, and Cass. They need some shine, too.

- Dana vs. Sasha:
I like the combination of personalities here.

Their styles match up well, too.

Good to see Sasha at full force again.

That was really solid. I like both of them.

I'm totally fine with another round of Sasha vs. Dana, and I REALLY hope we don't end up with Charlotte vs. Stephanie eclipsing Sasha's push.

I really hope Vince swerves us and neither McMahon is in charge of either show. If it's a New Era, we need some new authority figures.

I could buy Vince actually pitting his children against each other.

Good promo from Stephanie. She's definitely her father's daughter.

Solid promo from Shane, too. I just think the McMahon family has been on TV plenty at this point.

Come on crazy swerve!!!

Oh. Yeah, not what I wanted to see.

A McMahon taking up screen time on both brands? yaaaayyy..... Maybe it's a short-term thing.

Oh. So... they're still announcing GMs. This can still be interesting and fresh-ish.

"Burial" is the cool smark term to shout out these days.

And there's our Triple H tease.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment