Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

WWE Draft Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's draft picks.

- Raw gets Seth Rollins:
It's great he's positioned as a really important part of plans. I hope he's someone they build around for the future.

- Smackdown gets Dean Ambrose:
I'm glad Ambrose and Rollins are separate. They're both talented, but they need time apart for their match to stay fresh.

- Raw gets Charlotte:
I really hope the women's division returns to prominence. They've laid the groundwork for it to matter, but it's going to take a lot of work to save it from the Diva years.

- Smackdown gets AJ Styles:
I hope AJ is a franchise player for however many more years he can take bumps for WWE. He can be a big star if they treat him like one.

- Raw gets Finn Balor:
I'm glad Balor and Styles are on different shows to start off with. That way, they hopefully won't interact in the ring until the Rumble to set something up for WM33. Balor's ready to be a big player, and he won't be in AJ's shadow or vice versa.

- Raw gets Roman Reigns:
Reigns is now officially the Jannetty of The Shield. I'm really shocked Brock hasn't turned up yet. I guess it's because these two had some damaging failures.

- Smackdown gets John Cena:
Reigns and Cena on opposite shows is good, so they can grow separately and Reigns won't be in Cena's shadow. Hopefully now when they do collide it will be a big deal.

- Raw gets Brock Lesnar:
He would have been a good pick to show Smackdown matters as much as Raw. Hopefully Smackdown gets Taker or HHH when they're eligible.

- Smackdown gets Randy Orton:
That's good, I guess. I like the idea of Brock and Orton building things on different shows. I hope we don't get a whole bunch of Cena vs. Orton.

- Raw gets New Day:
I love New Day. They'll be better on one show a week instead of so much.

- Raw gets Sami Zayn:
Future U.S. or IC Champion, I'm hoping.

- Smackdown gets Bray Wyatt:
It'll be interesting to see what happens if the family has to split.

- Raw gets Sasha Banks:
Oh, God, really? I was hoping she'd be on a separate brand from Charlotte. They could still do Charlotte vs. Sasha for the title if both GMs OK'd it to tie up loose ends.

- Smackdown gets Becky Lynch:
Jannetty status. They should have switched Sasha and Becky.

- Raw gets Chris Jericho:
I'm also glad Y2J will be one show. He's really overexposed lately.

- Raw gets Rusev and Lana:
It'll be good to see crushing on Monday nights.

- Smackdown gets Miz and Maryse:
Well, it wouldn't make sense for both mid-level champions on the same show.

- Raw gets Kevin Owens:
NNNNNNOOOOOOOO. This is leading to a Loser Leaves Raw match, right? They're not going to keep Owens and Zayn together on the regular, right?

- Smackdown gets Baron Corbin:
Hahaha he got picked before Ziggler.

- Raw gets Enzo/Cass:
Ehhhhhhh. I was hoping they'd be on a different show from New Day, since their acts overlap so much.

- Raw gets Anderson and Gallows:
I'm split on whether I want to see Balor Club. Anderson and Gallows are good workers, but they're not very interesting. The whole point of them getting over in Japan was they were American big guys. They blend in too much here.

- Smackdown gets American Alpha:
YYYEEEESSSSSSS. Great tag team. I'm excited to see them face, ummm... Miz and Corbin? They're going to need some competition.

- Raw gets Big Show:
WWWWEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL.

- Smackdown gets Dolph Ziggler:
I was hoping for Kane so he won't be on the same show as BEEG. Ziggler really needs a reboot now.

- Raw gets Nia Jax:
I'm glad she's getting a big start, but Smackdown REALLY needs some female competitors right now.

- Raw gets Neville:
The Cruiserweight Division is the best thing to happen for him. He's got a limit as an act outside of that style.

- Smackdown gets Natalya:
Smackdown really looking like the B-Squad for women right now. Becky vs. Natalya for the secondary women's title isn't very inspiring.

- Raw gets Cesaro:
Ehhhhh.... I guess he fills their Ziggler role.

- Smackdown gets Del Rio:
ADR and Sheamus should have been higher. I hope they're not on the same show...

- Raw gets Sheamus:
Well, then. Maybe he'll get something new to do.

- Raw gets Golden Truth:
Damn. The Dudleys and Kane are WAY down the list, huh?

- Smackdown gets the Usos:
So the Samoans are all split up. That's good. It keeps things fresh.

- Raw gets Titus O'Neill:
I'm interested to see how things go for him going forward.

- Smackdown gets Kane:
Team Hell No rides again! And he's not on the same show as BEEG.

- Raw gets Paige:
Smackdown's women's division is completely buried. Damn.

- Raw gets Darren Young and Bob Backlund:
There's going to be a real temptation to pair PTP back up. They should give their singles runs chances first.

- Smackdown gets Kalisto:
Future IC Champion? I kind of figured he'd be in the flippy division, but they must want him to make it outside of that division.

- Raw gets Sin Cara:
We'll see if he's a U.S. level guy or a Cruiserweight guy.

- Smackdown gets Naomi:
Mehhhhhh.... I hope they get some of the injured female wrestlers, too, because things are dire right now. Also, where the hell is Bayley!? She should have been picked a long time ago.

- Raw gets Jack Swagger:
So, will he be on Main Event or Superstars?

- Smackdown gets The Ascension:
I hope they like getting suplexed by JJ and Gable, because that's definitely in their future.

- Raw gets the Dudleys:
Hahaha they're even lower than The Ascension. We'll see if Rhyno, Stevie Richards, and/or Tommy Dreamer end up working with them.

- Smackdown gets Zack Ryder:
Tuesday Night ZackDown. I hope he does good things. 

- Raw gets Summer Rae:
WHERE IS BAYLEY!!!???? I love Summer and all, but the former NXT Women's Champion needs to be called up.

- Smackdown gets Apollo Crews:
Here's another guy who will hopefully do more now that he's on one brand. Talented guy, but really directionless right now.

- Raw gets Mark Henry:
I think we're in for a Henry/Swagger team, presumably mostly on the Network shows.

- Smackdown gets Alexa Bliss:
I love Alexa. It might be too early to put her on the main roster without a bunch of good wrestlers to support her, though.

- Raw gets Braun Strowman:
MASTADON TIME. Braun vs. Big Show is a scary possibility.

- Smackdown gets Breezango:
Another act who will hopefully have more to do now.

- Raw gets Bo Dallas:
Oh. Well. So much for the Outcasts. Raw clearly doesn't care anymore, since they could have signed three people at once.

- Smackdown gets Eva Marie:
OH DEAR GOD. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THE WOMEN'S DIVISION? It's going to be a rough time on Tuesdays for women's action.

- Raw gets the Shining Stars:
Bleh. They've really got their work cut out for them for me to care about them.

- Smackdown gets the Vaudevillains:
I look forward to them facing JJ and Gable.

- Raw gets Alicia Fox:
There's no way Smackdown's going to get a real women's title at this point.

- Smackdown gets Erick Rowan:
I really wonder how things will go if it's just him and Bray for a while. 

- Raw gets Dana Brooke:
I guess I can get behind Raw having a strong women's division with Smackdown focusing on other things. I just want good women's action as a whole.

- Smackdown gets Mojo Rawley:
GET HYPE ON TUESDAY NIGHTS. Hype Bros in action. It was definitely time for him to leave NXT. He was spinning his tires there.

- Raw gets Curtis Axel:
Damn. Just bury Heath why don't you? I guess they had more picks than roster. 

- Smackdown gets Carmella:
I like Carmella, but there's not much for her to do on Smackdown unless she's managing someone new. Obviously she'll get more time to wrestle, but I don't know if moving her and Alexa from NXT did more good than harm.

- Heath Slater remains undrafted:
I really hope this was for the lulz and we get THE ONE MAN FREE AGENT BAYBAY, with the Outcasts getting Foley to sign him.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment