Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

WWE live event note, AJ Lee memoir release date, Rock and Taz squash beef, Orton preparing for Suplex City, UK guests for Heyman, new WWE character name, and Questions on shorter WWE PPVs, removing Reigns from the title picture, Final Deletion, The July 4 Raw, and using NXT names after the brand extension

Titus O'Neill teamed with Cesaro to beat Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas Sunday. I assume that was a random babyface pairing, but maybe it clicked enough to be a regular team.

AJ Lee's memoir will be released on April 4th, 2017. That should be quite the read; a pipebomb in book form.

The Rock sent a video into Taz's radio show. I think Taz invented sending people videos, too. I'm glad Rock put Taz's show over and turned this into a win-win. 

Randy Orton is working out at the Performance Center this week. I kind of want him and Brock to pay homage to Brock's UFC win during the match. 

Paul Heyman is featuring Will Ospreay and Marty Scurll on his UK speaking tour. I'm sure Heyman's a fan of the controversy and heat Ospreay has generated. 

WWE has trademarked Solid Gold as a character name. I can only imagine what they're thinking there. Maybe a mascot for Golden Truth? Hornswoggle would have been perfect for that.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I really doubt it. I see them adding more time to PPVs, not less. This is America, dammit! Bigger is better. And they really don't have a lot of filler on the shows these days. We'll see if that changes after the brand split.

2. Amen. Reigns will have served his time by the time Battleground comes around. He left as a top guy, and he deserves a chance to return to form. Just because the IWC doesn't like Reigns, that doesn't mean WWE should throw him under the bus and cost themselves money.

3. Mostly the Hardys, but it certainly bared some resemblance to LU. I wouldn't assume TNA's going to try to replicate LU going forward, but I wouldn't be surprised to see more things in the vein of Final Deletion.

4. WWE does that on most holiday tapings. They need a break from things, too. THEY'RE HAVIN FUN MAGGLE.

5. I like the idea of hyping NXT. I don't think they should do NXT matches on Raw or Smackdown unless it's a one-time thing hyping a Takeover special. Save using the NXT names for when they're "ready" for the main roster.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment