Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

TNA Destination X Reax

Read on for my take on last night's special edition of Impact Wrestling.

Hardy Boys - The Movie continues. I like it.

- X-Division ladder match:
Thank you Sutter for doing what a smart competitor does: try to win the match as soon as possible.

I remember when the Dudleys were heels in TNA for using a ladder to try to win Ultimate X because the honorable thing would have been to scale the ropes. They had their fun moments as Team 3D.

It's not an X-Division show without everyone getting their spots in.

I'd actually be OK with Helms winning and being the gatekeeping veteran of the division.

I like DJ Z well enough.

I was really hoping Bennett would get faux smarky and say he was going to "bury" the X-Division. TNA does a good enough job of that already tho.

I'm glad TNA has a new face backstage. I do miss Lauren from way back when, though.

I'm interested to see how the BFG Series ends up this time.

Lashley throwing the X-Division under a bus amuses me. I'd like to see him as champion destroying every flippy guy TNA has, then TNA can get more from LU, ROH, and EVOLVE for Lashley to destroy.

Edwards is such a dweeb.

Good stuff from Lashley.

WHOA. I didn't expect Davey back so suddenly. They kept that one under wraps well. I'm glad Davey didn't tweet about it ahead of time to spoil it.

Eddie was already World Champion in ROH. I really don't want to see that in TNA.

I liked that Decay segment. Abyss can bring some really good emotion to his roles; Joseph Park was one of my favorite wrestling characters ever. Thank you Vince Russo (?)

Good to see Shannon Moore make a cameo.

Someone FINALLY acknowledges where the Hardy Boys name came from. Those were the days.

I'm mostly liking the Hardy Home Video thing.

- Abyss vs. Bram:
Hopefully Bram isn't like Samson and is still a monster without his beard.

Decay with the numbers game on Bram.

Well that was pretty weird.

The post-match was even weirder.

- Sienna vs. Jade vs. Marti Bell vs. Gail:
I hope Jade becomes someone of note.

I'm liking the interaction between Jade and Gail.

This is pretty good overall, although Marti seems absent.

Allie invaluable in the win for Sienna.

Fucking DEAD at Matt asking the Armenian girl in Spanish. Casually racist, but hilarious for a heel to do.

Lashley destroying both Wolves works for me.

I love Broken Matt. He had some questionable heel turns before this, but he's nailing it here.

Reby introducing Jeff was amazing. I wish wrestling was fun like this forever.

Teasing Jeff leaving TNA was a risky move, considering he's one of their few top stars right now.

Matt keeping Jeff around to torture him is MUCH better for a heel than just letting him go.

Really fun segment, but they put Jeff in an odd situation. Are we supposed to cheer for him to get out of his contract and go somewhere else rather than be Matt's mule?

I really hope Bennett's line about ruining the main event was a rib from someone since he can at times ruin good segments by his presence.

I'm glad DJ Z has a set.

- DJ Z vs. Bennett:
It's probably me getting older, but it's sad to see someone have to do 20 flips and damn near kill themselves in a relatively meaningless match.

Bennett just jobbed to a jobber. Does that make him a double-jobber? I think that hurt Bennett (who ended EC3's streak) more than helping DJ Z.

I'll pop like no one's business if Bennett brings out Russo to burn the company to the ground.

I hope Bennett isn't calling Matt Taven.

Why isn't TNA sanctioning a wrestling match between EC3 and Drew? Did they not pay their commissioner or something?

I liked the EVOLVE reference more than the Scottish puppy dog line.

Drew and EC3 having a pier-sixer.

I love a good pull-apart brawl.

Davey and Eddie go back to the Wrestlebot factory.

- Lashley vs. Edwards:
 Lashley has been one of the best things in wrestling for a while now, just destroying people everywhere.

Eddie Edwards could just cut a promo to put Lashley to sleep.

This is pretty fun.

Check out ALL my MOVES.

Edwards does go really hard. I'll give him that.

Another MOVES guy appears.

It's WAY too ROH in here right now.

Thank you based Moose. I'm so glad we'll see more of him in TNA.

That was pretty fun as an old-school "everyone interferes" brawl.

I look forward to next week's main event.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment