Total Pageviews

Friday, July 15, 2016

Main Event Reax - 7/13/16 and ROH Reax - 7/14/16

Read on for my thoughts on this week's Main Event and ROH.

Main Event:
- Crews/Swagger/G. Truth vs. Vaudevillains/Ascension:
It didn't take long to get to the "heels all end up on the floor" spot. At least it wasn't followed by four dives. That's one of the most tired spots in wrestling. Then again, I'm watching a LOT of wrestling now between WWE, TNA, and ROH...

I like the tag team strategies from the heels.

I really like Swagger, but I think he's plateaued in WWE. I really don't see them taking the effort to rebuild him once more after the brand extension; he's been a jobber for quite some time now with several false starts. Weed the people really doomed him.

That was mostly good. I'm pleasantly surprised Swagger got the win, but I guess I shouldn't be because The Ascension are even further down the ladder than he is. To be clear, none of them are buried. A burial would be if they were being put where they are as punishment for something. This is  just a case of them being seen as preliminary match guys. There's nothing insidious about booking them to lose so much.

It's good to see Alicia again! She's a solid worker.

- Alicia vs. Becky:
I love the solid back-and-forth early.

Good for the time it had. I hope Becky doesn't end up Alicia's position long-term, although it has kept her employed for a pretty good while.

- Sheamus vs. Titus:
This will be interesting. Does WWE want to push Fella or the Father of the Year? On that note, shoutout to Titus for owning up to why he was suspended. He could have went and whined on Twitter or quit, but he didn't. It wasn't right to suspend him, but he didn't make it worse than it was and he's still part of things because of that.

I love a power vs. power match. I wouldn't want a whole show of that style or anything, but it's missing to some degree in wrestling at times.

I don't know why Sheamus isn't considered a better performer. He always has good showings. I guess he doesn't do enough flips and dives.

That was pretty good while it lasted. I like both competitors.

- Cesaro/Usos vs. Del Rio/Dudleys:
Del Rio and the Dudleys could be a fun heel alliance. They're not really doing anything else.

The Dudleys are just out-and-out solid tag team competitors. They've had a lot of experience together and it shows. Nowadays it seems like as soon as a tag team gets hot there are questions of how to split them.

I love Bubba's trash talk. That's missing in a lot of wrestlers now.

Cesaro is a meme wrestler in five languages.

I loved Del Rio's counter to the swing.

I wasn't crazy about the ending with its stereo moves and silly swing spot.

ROH:
- Dijak vs. Kincaid:
With Moose gone and Silas between contracts, Dijak's one of the my only remaining "boys" in ROH.

Ugggggggghhhhhhhhh so much flippy.

HOLY SHIT what a suplex. Dijak is the hoss ROH needs. Clone him and push both men to the moon.

I didn't like Dijak going for a flippy move of his own. To stand out, he needs to not try to be every other ROH wrestler.

Jason can do some really impressive stuff, but I want Dijak to destroy him.

Come on, now. I want to see a thrashing.

ROH should definitely sign Kincaid. He'd fit right in, and can really GO.

That was mostly good.

I definitely prefer Silas and the Bruiser to flippy guys. I like the Addiction heeling the ROH style, but they contribute to it, so it's just lip service.

- Addiction vs. Silas/Bruiser:
I would mark so hard for Silas and Bruiser as champs, but it's not going to happen.

Nice enough opening sequence other than the cartwheel.

I like the story of two heel squads trying to out-heel each other.

This is mostly enjoyable.

Solid teamwork from the challengers.

The Addiction are always smooth workers.

That was mostly good.

I'd much rather hear a promo from Shark Boy than Bobby Fish. Fish is really bland.

Hey speaking of bland, it's ACH!

Mark was initially funny, but ehhhh.

OK, the chicken reference got me.

- M. Briscoe vs. ACH:
Good opening.

This is pretty good so far. Just pretty straightforward wrestling.

I'm liking the story being told between these two.

That was quite solid! Good psychology throughout.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment