Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 14, 2016

NXT and CWC Reax - 7/13/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and CWC.

NXT:
I wonder what Regal thinks of the NXT Champion not showing up for several weeks. He's probably OK with new stars getting new opportunities.

Joe can be a pretty solid promo when he's not produced to just yell.

The king/emperor line was pretty good. Joe vs. Nakamura would really be a treat.

Rhyno should have to earn a title match unless he goads Joe into defending it. What messages does it send if he comes back after more than six months, ruins a tag match, then gets to waltz right into a title match?

That sounds like quite the big lineup for next week.

- Balor vs. Nakamura:
FFS Full Fail they haven't even locked up yet. Cool it with the "this is awesome" chants.

Subtle heeling by Finn? I like it.

Nakamura just feels different from your stereotypical WWE wrestler, all the way down to the way he moves.

A promo on Goldberg airing before a program featuring Cruiserweight action? I feel like I'm in 1999. I should listen to Blink-182 and play a Pokemon ga... OH MY GOD WHAT YEAR IS IT.

I like the focus on Nakamura's legs to try to stop the KINSHASAAAAAAAAAAA.

I LOVE strikes and submission wrestling, so this match is a treat. Both men are going all out.

The athleticism and ability of these two men is off the charts.

That was a really good ending. I'm glad Shinsuke didn't kick out of a Coup de Grace and Finn didn't kick out of a proper Kinshasa.

I kept waiting for a Finn heel turn there.

CWC:
I'm already liking the difference in presentation. No Lawler or JBL on commentary is great.

I'd pop for Zeb Colter telling these two to speak English in America. I miss the hell out of that gimmick in Trump America.

- Metalik vs. Saez:
Good start!

After this tournament, Saez might be able to put pounds back on and get a tryout as a bigger wrestler.

Metalik can definitely fly! His balance is insane.

GOOD GAWD what a finisher.

Metalik was definitely impressive, and Saez is certainly worth looking at in more detail.

Russo would give the second Daivari an ISIS gimmick.

- Lun vs. Daivari:
I hope someone does ask some questions about the rules.

Lun has a decent sense of playing to the crowd, and Daivari is definitely shades of his brother (in a good way; he's taking right to the WWE way of doing things).

Daivari's definitely NXT-level ready.

Lun's on the tentative side. It's understandable given how far away he is from home and how big this opportunity is.

Lun can cruiser-wait, brother. He needs to hit the weights if he's going to make it in the big time, dude.

Petiot already has a sense of playing to the crowd and some confidence in himself. I like it.

- Petiot vs. Alexander:
I like them getting right to competing hard.

Cedric's smooth.

Petiot's got a pretty good base of skills already.

If WWE brings back someone from La Resistance, they could take Petiot under their wing. He seems to have some good potential.

That finisher's pretty sick.

I've always found Alexander lacking personality, but he might still be worth picking up for NXT. His experience would be valuable there.

Not going to lie. I kind of want to see Maluta pushed as the Reigns of the CWC just to induce smark rage.

- Ibushi vs. Maluta:
There's a clear difference in experience here. Ibushi's confident while Maluta's still finding himself.

I don't think it's surprising anyone Maluta's just there to get kicked around.

Kota's not going to need to kill Maluta if he keeps trying moves like that. That was a close call.

Ibushi's smoothness is really evident. I can see why there's such hype about him.

HOLY SHIT WHAT A PELE KICK.

Maluta's not bad. He's definitely someone who knows the WWE style.

Ibushi's certainly really talented. Talk about nailing your debut match.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment