Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Impact Wrestling Reax - 7/5/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

The Hardy Family Variety Hour is definitely an interesting direction for TNA. It's not like they have a ton of other stars to focus on. They might need to have Maxel start taking bumps at this point.

Bennett not wasting any time trying to become World Champion. I'd be willing to give him a chance at that level, but I don't want to see him end Lashley's reign this early.

Dixie vs. Maria = ratings.

Wow. They took no time at all getting into what was formerly an important gimmick match. If you treat Ultimate X as something not worth building to as an end to a big feud, it's going to be seen as just another excuse for flips.

- Ultimate X:
Poor Tigre Uno and Marshe Rockett aren't even invited.

I love a crazy spotfest every once in a while.

I like Lee. He brings something different to the division.

Wrestling is too much about setting up cool moves and big bumps/spots these days. It's a circus act where everyone does dives...

Insane Mandrews spot.

Hey, Bennett is owed a rematch. There's time for another title change or two before Destination X!

BAH GAWD. Fun EC3/Galloway brawl.

- Drake vs. Storm:
This is pretty fun so far.

I'm enjoying Eli Drake. He's making the most of his opportunities.

A mess of a match, but fine to set up a rematch.

I'm glad the KOTM Title is important enough to fight for.

So what side is Rebel on in the Dollhouse war? Is she just biding her time until her contract's up or what?

Edwards vs. Lashley could be pretty fun.

- Marti vs. Jade:
I love a crazy hardcore match here and there.

I like hardcore matches more when selling is involved...

That was pretty sick. Jade cemented her status as the top remaining Dollhouse alumna.

Matt trolling Jeff with drones was one of the greatest things I've ever seen. This angle will be remembered long after TNA is gone.

Looks like it's time for the yearly "TNA authority figure power struggle" angle.

The Bennetts ruining an entire show is pretty accurate, really. I'd like them better in smaller doses.

Matt vs. Jeff is going to be insane. They're both bah gawd goofier than pet coons.

I liked Lashley burying the style of the X-Division. Jim Cornette would be proud.

- Bromans/Raquel vs. Decay:
The Bromans were behind GTV THE WHOLE TIME!? I'm OK with this. They might as well make TNA full-on crazy at this point. No one's watching.

This is pretty wild.

Not bad at all.

I mean, Eddie will probably hold the X-Division Title again in a few months, so he might as well go for it.

Lashley's great at throwing one of the most vanilla wrestlers in the business under a bus.

I'm all for Lashley destroying the whole X-Division. Take the KOTM Title, too, while you're at it.

Half the X-Division guys aren't even wrestlers, much less the best wrestlers in the world. It's the stuntman division.

Eddie Edwards as TNA Champion might be the final nail in their coffin.

EC3 vs. Drew should be really amazing. Both men work really hard. I assume the loser of that match has to carry Bennett again.

The Matt/Jeff feud feels like an audition for Lucha Underground. Their whole show tries to be like this.

- Matt vs. Jeff:
This is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. Every other promotion should just stop right now, because they'll never top something this crazy.

For those wondering what's in the water in North Carolina that makes people do this kind of thing, it's coal ash. Lots and lots of coal ash. There's also a brain-eating amoeba going around.

JESUS CHRIST JEFF YOU COULD HAVE KILLED YOURSELF.

This is legitimately one of the most insane things I've ever seen on a wrestling show.

I thought it couldn't get crazier than the fireworks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Benjamin in the Willow suit.

I'm crying. That was amazing. We've reached the pinnacle of wrestling, people.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment