Total Pageviews

Friday, July 29, 2016

Main Event Reax - 7/27/16 and ROH Reax - 7/28/16

Read on for my thoughts on Wednesday's Main Event and Thursday's ROH.
Main Event:
- Hype Bros vs. Vaudevillains:
Rawley's a lot of fun, in a ridiculous way.

Good work from the heels.

This is pretty good so far. I like straightforward tag matches.

I love the Pounce.

Nice victory for team hype.

- Breeze vs. Jey:
Fun stuff so far.

It's really weird Jimmy isn't here to counter Fandango in Breeze's corner.

I really, really hope Jey doesn't beat two guys.

Mostly good match.

Things are heating up here, which is good.

Mostly nice ending.

ROH:
I really don't want to see an hour long match with O'Reilly and Lethal.

I'm glad Cole is finally making his next move.

I'm curious to see if O'Reilly can make it as ROH's top face. I almost said he'll need more personality, but that's hardly stopped previous world champions here.

That was mostly OK. There's only so much more to get out of the Bullet Club and reDRagon as acts. I feel like I've seen all they can do.

I like the idea they had to scramble to make some other matches because the whole show was going to be devoted to Lethal and Kyle.

I don't think I want to see O'Reilly pull a Superman and have a close showing with Lethal, but I get they're building Kyle to theoretically be champion before long.

Nigel's not the only one sick of the Bullet Club.

- War Machine vs. Evans/Hughes:
Damn. War Machine's not playing around.

I'd like War Machine more if they weren't so acrobatic. Just be hosses.

The post-match was OK, I guess. I'm just not really sold on War Machine being pushed.

- Ferrara vs. Cheeseburger:
I'm liking The Cabinet. ROH needs more good promo people.

An anti-"vanilla midgets" gimmick in ROH is such a gimme.

Good setup for Moose to make the save. Weird that I'm going to see him on ROH and TNA this week.

- Moose/Ferrara/Cheeseburger vs. Cabinet:
Moose is quite good. I hope his time in wrestling is just beginning.

I don't blame Moose for leaving matches with the likes of Cheeseburger and Ferrara.

ANX doing a flippy doubleteam spot goes against their message.

Moose is the one trying to make ROH great. He'll be missed here, but he'll do good things in TNA.

This is the "Moose and flippy guys" part of the show.

That wasn't bad as far as ROH matches go.

GOD Lethal is boring. "I'm the best wrestler" is ridiculously bland as a gimmick.

Kyle going for the title makes him look more stupid than brave. What if Fish had a non-title match with Lethal instead, saving Lethal vs. O'Reilly for later?

- Lethal vs. O'Reilly:
Nice start.

O'Reilly is a talented wrestler. He'd probably be a good fit in NXT if he had an actual character.

Kyle is definitely giving a fight.

I really, really hate the multiple suicide dives spot.

That was actually done well with Lethal showing some sympy.

Maybe don't do a suicide dive and a missile dropkick when you have an injured arm?

Both men are really bringing it.

I like this style when I don't have to see 30 minutes of it.

I'm liking the story of Lethal showing sympy to the injured Kyle. It's being told well for the most part.

That was a really good ending.

BAH GAWD THAT MAN HAS A FAMILY.

That was a pretty good ending to the show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment