Total Pageviews

Friday, July 8, 2016

ROH and Smackdown Reax - 7/7/16

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's ROH and Smackdown.
ROH this week was a recap show focusing on top matches from the first half of 2016. It was also the 250th episode of their TV show. Congrats on the milestone, but there's no need to review content I've already seen.

Smackdown:
I like the little segments to promote the matches later in the night.

I cracked up at the Jackson Family reference, but not the idea of a joke against a guy who lost his title in two minutes. There are too many burials of talents in 2016.

I'm looking forward to Ambrose and Rollins just being on one show a week. There's such thing as too much of a good thing, especially when Ambrose takes over the show like this.

- Rollins vs. Jey:
If Rollins is having trouble with Jey, how can we believe him as a threat for the WWE Title?

It's 2016 and we still don't have WWE ice cream bars. ROH ice cream bars would all be a vaguely satisfying vanilla.

Ambrose is responsible for commercial breaks? Great.

I really hope Seth doesn't job to one of the Usos.

This is pretty solid.

Good match overall. With the right ending.

That's plenty of Ambrose and Rollins for one night.

- Sheamus vs. Ryder:
I enjoy Sheamus' work, and Ryder's always reliable.

WAIT, WHAT!????? That did a lot more to bury Sheamus than elevate Ryder.

There had to have been someone else Ryder could have beaten to get back in the U.S. Title picture. What about Bubba Ray Dudley?

Poor Sheamus.

Ryder's going to get so killed by Rusev.

Becky Lynch is just never going to catch a break, is she? Everyone turns on her.

The Wyatts vs. New Day in a "Final Deletion" kind of match sounds interesting. Obviously it won't be as crazy as fireworks and fire, but it could still be a lot of fun.

I'm glad Enzo and Cass are getting this kind of platform.

I think they're forcing "Beat Up John Cena." There's such a thing as trying too hard.

Fun promo from Enzo and Cass.

- Enzo vs. AJ:
Enzo doing anything crazy around ropes always worries me.

This is pretty good so far. Styles has the experience and Enzo has a lot of energy.

That was solid overall. I'm excited for the six-man tag.

Owens burying Jericho's scarf was great.

Fun Owens/Y2J segment.

Mostly good Miz/Kalisto segment. I look forward to their match.

- Miz vs. Kalisto:
Kalisto bringing ALL the flips.

Miz is ridiculously underrated. This is fun.

That was mostly good. Miz is solid and Kalisto is an impressive athlete. I am getting tired of all the flippy garbage in wrestling, but it's OK for a promotion to have some people who do that.

Charlotte, Sasha, and Dana all play off each other well. I'm glad Dana's on the main roster.

I can't wait to watch Brock vs. Orton. That should be interesting.

Owens cracks me up pretty much constantly.

- Zayn vs. Y2J:
Jericho makes his big moves matter. I like that.

Zayn's incredible.

Good stuff so far.

Y2J's still got it.

Owens just laying it in on Zayn here.

I was a little disappointed Jericho couldn't even beat Zayn with Owens' interference. I'm all for passing the torch and all, but Y2J beat Styles at WM32 clean as a whistle.

Oh. Well. Jericho got his heat back after losing.

Good ending to the show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment