Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Smackdown Reax - 8/17/12

Read on for my segment-by-segment thoughts on the 8/17 Smackdown.

Solid opening segment. Hopefully Jericho is used to elevate Del Rio. Full-time guys should be the beneficiary when working with older part-time guys.

Good opening tag. I like Rhodes vs. Sin Cara, even if it is reminiscent of the Rey feud.

The post-match was fine to set up another round of Miz vs. Rey.

Fine enough match to showcase Reks and Hawkins. Might they have a future after all?

I liked the segment with Eve and Regal.

I liked Eve.vs. Kaitlyn. Eve has more of a character and it makes sense to face her off with Booker.

Orton vs. Bryan told a pretty good story. It was nice to set up Bryan vs. Kane on Sunday.

Cesaro vs. Ryder was fine for what it was. I wish it had went longer. Maybe the match with Santino will.

Good post-match to set up the PPV bout. I'm surprised a U.S. Title match is getting any set-up in 2012.

NICE use of Ziggler. The match with Jericho will be big.

Solid main event to continue the set up for Ziggler vs. Jericho. I like that they're getting heat on Ziggler.

I liked the final sell for Sheamus vs. Del Rio. I wish feuds got good build more often.

I'll be back for Summerslam when I'm able. A news post is up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment