Total Pageviews

Friday, August 3, 2012

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 8/2/12

Read on for my segment-by-segment thoughts on Superstars and Impact.

Superstars:
Kidd vs. Slater was better than I was expecting. Both men are really growing as performers.

Layla vs. Natalya was fine. Divas matches are underrated.

Pretty kick-ass main event. Both men worked really hard.

Impact:
I liked the unique way to start Impact and the tag match. I wouldn't mind seeing that approach more often.

Pretty good opening tag. I like all four guys.

Pretty good segment with Storm, Sting, and Angle to continue Aces and Eights. This is the most intriguing thing TNA's done in a while.

And then TNA ruins that good feeling with the Claire angle.

I like those Hardcore Justice matches. I just wish they were announced earlier. PPVs need to be big deals.

Bully Ray's promo was fine, and his match was good while it lasted.

The Madison angle is also bad. All we need is ODB and Eric and we'll hit the crappy angle trifecta.

The Knockouts match/angle was facepalm worthy. I wonder why I watch TNA at times.

Good backstage segment with Roode and Aries to continue to set the stage for the main event.

So-so segment with Sting and Brooke. It's still a shame that they're using her.

NNNOOOO!!!! Eric Young and ODB are back. I was kidding when I said they needed that tonight.

WWE would call that match vintage Guerrero. Very Eddie-esque. As much as I loved seeing Eddie wrestle, I don't know if I'm down with seeing Chavo emulate him. It will almost definitely get him over, though.

More BS with the Claire angle.

Interesting segment with Wes Brisco. I wonder where they're going with him.

Surprisingly, the baby shower segment was amusing in its stupidity. If this is supposed to be some big joke, they finally succeeded in making it humorous.

Kind of weird with Joseph Park, but aren't his segments always?

I liked Storm/Angle a lot. It got Storm over as a legitimate main eventer. WWE, take notes.

Cool ending to the show. Aces and Eights are causing chaos without even being there!

I'll be back for Smackdown tomorrow. Up next, a news post!

No comments:

Post a Comment