Total Pageviews

Friday, August 10, 2012

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 8/9/12

Read on for my segment-by-segment thoughts on Superstars and Impact.

Superstars:
Pretty good opener. Kidd and Gabriel are pretty much my favorite team in all of wrestling right now.

Santino vs. McGillicutty was pretty good. Both have a good wrestling acumen (that sometimes gets lost in the shuffle with comedy).

I know I've said it before, but Tensai is a BEAST. Good show of his power. It's a shame Ryder's still the tackling dummy after all his hard work.

Impact:
Strong opening segment with Ray, Storm, and Aces and Eights. Everyone played their parts well.

RVD vs. Magnus was fine while it lasted. I was hoping Magnus would get a win to look credible. If he's going to be the future of the business, he shouldn't be losing like that to an ECW-era guy.

Good work by Roode as always.

So-so tag title match. Not a feud I look forward to. What happened to Devon defending the TV Title every week?

I liked the Sting segment.

Robbie E and Hardy was fun. Why should we pay to see a match with Robbie E if he's not a threat? There are no DQs in a table match so he can have Robbie T with him.

An AJ Styles segment involving Claire. Ugh.

Nice change of pace with Joe interrupting commentary.

Angle vs. Styles was pretty awesome, Claire notwithstanding. At least Styles can say his loss was because of her (kind of).

I wish I could fast-forward Claire segments and get to the good of TNA.

Good segment with Storm and Anderson.

Contract signings do get pretty old. I hope they have something good in store tonight.

So-so Knockouts match. I'm still not digging Madison/Hebner.

I like asking Joseph Park about the legal situation.

Good promo by Kenny King.

The contract signing was out-of-the-ordinary in a good way. It really makes me wonder where they're going after Roode/Aries if there's no rematch in September.

Ray vs. Storm was good. I question giving Bully the win with his contract situation and Storm being positioned as a star, though.

Kind of a confusing ending to the show, but it does set intrigue for Sunday.

I'll be back for Smackdown (hopefully) tomorrow. A news post will be up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment