Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 8/16/12

Read on for my segment-by-segment thoughts on the 8/16 Superstars and Impact.

Superstars:
Nothing wrong with the opening tag. A talented team against some talented singles competitors.

Riley and McIntyre should be doing more than they are. At a time when WWE could use some fresh stars, they needn't look far. Management and Creative just need to be doing their jobs in putting them in the right places.

Solid main event. Gabriel continues to grow in the ring (if only he had more of the "it" factor) and Sandow's getting more comfortable. The future of WWE continues to look good.

Impact:
Pretty good start to the show. Everyone's been positioned well, though I'd be hesitant to push Bully Ray with his contract situation.

Joe and Magnus did what they do best. Both men have an upside.

If Magnus turning heel means he'll be doing something of interest, I'm fine with it.

Not a bad Knockouts segment. Certainly not an angle I look forward to seeing each week.

I'm curious as to what they'll do with Aces and Eights on Open Fight Night.

Styles/Daniels is continuing. Sigh.

Nothing wrong with the in-ring action from Styles and Daniels. The angle continues to be drek.

Strong Roode promo.

I kind of wish they would have built more to Terrell's coming to TNA and being the ref in the Knockouts match. Unless they're building to Rayne vs. Terrell? It seemed like they could get more out of the angle.

Pretty good main event and post-match to continue the big angle. I'm assuming this leads to Sting or Hogan vs. the leader at BFG, which makes sense and I think people would pay to see that if the story was right (not that I think it would be a 5-star match in 2012).

I'll be back for more shows when I get around to it. A news post is up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment