Total Pageviews

Friday, May 12, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 5/11/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- Sydal vs. Konley vs. Dezmond vs. Everett:
Last week, Matt Sydal beat a former world champion clean. This week, he's in a random flippy match.

I can't take any of this seriously. It's just a bunch of synchronized bullshit.

These men can do nice, pretty moves that don't mean much of anything if none of them are going into title contention for winning this.

I bet this will get **** stars, at least.

OH MY GOD. It's just everyone doing moves!!

Sssssooooooo many flips. I guess I'm too old to like this kind of pointless shit.

And now it's over. Maybe we'll get a big fight later to even things out.

- More announcers stuff:
Yeah I'm pretty much ready for the next step in this. I kind of wish Slammiversary was sooner.

- KM segment:
This was funny the first few times, but they run the risk of wearing it thin.

- EC3/J. Storm:
Well this is weird.

Carter is making this about as funny as it can possibly be.

I guess there's only so much to be done heeling a cowboy character.

Oh thank goodness Storm came out when he did.

At least Storm is pissed about all this.

Oh, wow. This is pretty serious for a segment that started off the way it did.

I mean HOLY SHIT EC3's laying it in on him.

Storm taking some serious punishment here.

The refs sure took their time there.

Hahaha you fucked up production guy.

I mean, Jesus Christ. We get the point! THAT MAN HAS A FAMILY!!!

That was intense.

- GFW title tournament announcement:
WHY DO WE NEED YET ANOTHER TITLE ON THIS SHOW. STOP TRYING TO MAKE GFW HAPPEN!!!! 

- Zane/Abraham vs. Garza/L. Kid:
This is weird in its own way.

The new Impact is trying to get way too many new faces over at once, and the style of wrestling that's pushed now is just a bunch of flashy stuff, comedy, etc. 

Wow. The Crash names are doing pretty well.

Fine showcase of MOVES, I guess.

- Garza/L. Kid backstage:
Well that was bland as all hell.

- Van Ness vs. Storie:
I think the "always drunk" thing has worn out its welcome.

This is something else.

Fine ending. I guess Laurel's growing on me in a Nikki Cross way.

- Post-match:
Laurel needs some serious therapy.

Earl Hebner is so great. I hope he goes into the WWE HoF.

- Spud video:
I love Rockstar Spud sometimes.

I'm DEAD at that ending. Oh, my God.

- LAX/VoW:
Hopefully LAX gets a boost from sending Crazzy Steve to the indies (and potentially NXT).

I love Konnan's act every once in a while.

Man. Poor Abyss and Steve!!

Might as well have LAX win those belts, too.

Oh SHIT Konnan going full hate crime here.

Jingoism always goes over well in the Impact Zone. I'm guessing it's Dutch Mantel's doing.

- Moose vs. Rockett:
-- Round 1:
Marshe is going to have to get the upset here.

Fun work so far.

Moose is a "blue chipper" prospect.

Umm, Marshe, you can't win out there, buddy.

-- Round 2: 
Damn. Lots of bicycle kicks here. Maybe it's a Dusty tribute?

Moose is pretty good, but he can kind of coast in Impact. I'd like to see him tested in NXT and potentially go to the main roster.

- Post-match:
I like Eli and Tyrus most of the time.

That was pretty fun.

Man, when it rains, it pours for Moose. Everyone's after his ass.

Watch Moose pull a John Cena and beat all three.

- More announcers stuff:
Man. I wish they would have kept Borash off TV for a while during his "suspension." They rush things these days.

- Dutch interview:
But what if the fans want something bad??? All these random flippy X matches aren't drawing money, brother.

I look forward to seeing more of Low Ki, and hey! Everett's win earlier actually mattered. Good work.

- Love vs. A. Edwards:
Oh yeah. Glad this is a fight!

Oh yeah this is a lot of fun.

I'm liking this being a heated match.

This is WILD. Just nonstop fighting.

- Post-match:
The Edwards family is just getting DESTROYED in Impact.

Davey's totally lost it. This is insane.

This is absolutely the best I've seen of Davey.

- Lashley backstage:
Hahaha they should have him take all of GFW's titles at once, too.

- Magnus vs. Alberto:
El Patron is a really good wrestler. It's a shame his outside-the-ring antics overshadow that at times.

Magnus is outclassed here with the former WWE/World Champion.

Good fight outside the ring.

Man. Alberto's in a pretty high league here.

Hey, Magnus ain't bad himself. I'm glad he's here instead of obscurity.

I'm liking this!

Good submission work.

Both men going pretty hard here.

NICE counter to the fireman's carry.

That was a good ending.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment