Total Pageviews

Friday, May 26, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 5/25/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- Prichard/Tyrus/Lashley/EC3/Magnus/J. Storm:
Umm Bruce I think you're going to need more than Tyrus to defend yourself against EC3. Good to see him getting bodyguard work, though.

Lashley's just kind of biding his time.

EC3 vs. Lashley could be pretty good. They're two of the top/best workers left in the company.

I like Magnus, but he's not at the level of EC3 or Lashley. Disappearing from Impact and coming back and jobbing the GFW belt didn't do him any favores.

Eh.

Storm has given a lot to Impact to have not been more successful. I hope he gets a run with the world title before hanging it up.

The line about Lashley's head popped me for some reason.

Wait, where's Alberto in all of this? For such an important guy, they don't really use him as much as I expected. Maybe he's too expensive per-date so he was just on a few episodes.

That match should be good!

- KM/Kongo vs. Sutter/Shera:
Remember when we thought Shera would be in the running to be World Champion? Jinder's a lot better than he is.

This is pretty crazy.

Wow. Crash TV at its finest.

- Post-match:
Poor Allie needs a friend.

Weird. Rosemary in an odd place here.

The combination of Allie and Rosemary is definitely different.

 - VOW vs. Bokara/Bahh
So many new faces on Impact in such a short time. Hard to focus on any of them.

Nothing really remarkable here, which is better than something being bad, I guess.

- Magnus backstage:
Dude no way is he going to be world champion. Possibly ever. He's stuck if he can't get into NXT someday.

- Mathews/Borash/Park:
Hahahahah Mathews is SUCH A DICK!!!

I like this a lot in a trainwreck sense.

This is fun.
 
Wow, Park's pretty fired up for an attorney.

- Mathews vs. Park:
OH. MY. GOOOOOODDDDDDDDD THIS JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER. Can we get Mathews and Steiner as commentators!??

Yeah, you don't want to be on Scott's bad side.

HEH? HEH? HEH? HEH?

Oh this will be fun. Stupid, but fun.

- Moose video:
Oh my God this is lame. Wrestling needs a lot of help writing babyfaces.

- Drake/Moose:
I hope Eli doesn't get lost in the shuffle with the new regime.

Yeah, I'm ready for this to get to the next level already.

Good to see a big fight here.

Adonis vs. Moose could be fun.

- Davey/Love vs. E. Edwards/A. Edwards:
How cool is it to wrestle alongside your significant other?

This is already good.

Pissed off Davey is a lot better than "look at how many moves I can do" Davey.

I'm liking this feud.

Damn. Angelina's merciless!

Pretty wild stuff.

I'm liking the story here. More of a fight than a choreographed showcase of moves.

I like the devastation of Eddie's leg.

Davey's just straight-up cruel. It's a shame this is his last year as a wrestler.

Hahaha so much for that tag, Eddie!

This is solid.

I'm guessing Alisha is still kind of new to things since she's not getting much work here.

OOOOHHHH crash and burn.

Not a bad ending!

- Post-match:
Eddie's a much better babyface through his actions here instead of his words. I want to see more of that from characters in wrestling. Less "I fight with honor" and more showing honorable actions.

God, Mr. and Mrs. Davey are just evil.

Davey is definitely wolflike here.

Davey and Angelina are doing the best work I've seen from either in Impact.

That was a great angle. This has all been good.

- Spud interview:
This is great. I hope they have something fun planned for Slammiversary.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

- EC3 vs. J. Storm vs. Magnus:
Storm will take them both. He's hardcore.

Haha good stuff with the water bottles.

Storm's fun. Nobody wrote him to act a certain way. He just does what he does.

I'm liking this so far.

Poor James always getting his ass kicked by someone.

I'm liking the hardcore stuff.

Haha nice heel alliance.

Fun kendo stick usage.

This is pretty fun, but WHERE THE HECK IS ALBERTO IN THE TITLE PICTURE????

OOOOOUUUCCCCHHHHHHHH that chair shot low blow.

This is good.

Magnus isn't bad. He just gets overlooked a lot.

I'm liking all of this, but now we're getting into finisher spam.

NICE spider superplex. That was really cool.

All three men delivering here.

I almost don't want this to end!

HAHHAHAHAHAAH nice ending. Storm screwed again.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment