Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Takeover: Chicago preview

Read on for my suggestions on booking tonight's NXT special.

- Authors vs. #DIY:
Looks like we need a backup plan for this one given Ciampa's status. So, Gargano makes a phone call to one of the only people who has had as hard of a time with the Authors as he has. Someone else who has a partner on the shelf. For one night only, Gargano is teaming with... Scott Dawson! Scott makes it clear he's not Johnny's friend, but he's not turning down a chance to get some revenge on Akam and Rezar. Either way, the Authors win a memorable match with some help from Paul Ellering. I know a lot of people want to see someone like Kassius or Kyle O'Reilly replacing Ciampa, but I don't think this is the place for that. The goal should be getting the Authors further over without harming the momentum of someone like that.

I'd like to see the Authors have a big feud with The Ascension at some point, since the latter aren't doing anything on Smackdown. The Authors' title reign is more of a case of "why beat them anytime soon?" instead of "who should beat them and how soon?"

As for #DIY, I think they should finish up in NXT at Takeover:Brooklyn. I'm leaning toward them going to Smackdown to feud with the Usos for their tag team titles, but things can change a lot in three months!

- Bate vs. Dunne: 
I'm going with Dunne getting a brutal win to set up a rematch on the first weekly episode of WWE UK. It's all about selling that next big match!

- Asuka vs. Ruby vs. Cross:
I would have had Ember pick up the surprise win here, but that's out the window now! Ruby and Cross get a little too fixated on each other, so Asuka gets another win. Asuka vs. Ember is hopefully still an option for Brooklyn, but I also want to see an Asuka/Cross feud before then. Asuka's another name who should be main roster bound right after Summerslam.

- Any other matches:
I'd be OK with some babyface squashes (Kassius and Aleister picking up wins) given the heels going over so much here. I'm not going to object to seeing Kyle O'Reilly in the crowd to set up a debut, either. 

- Strong vs. EY:
Roderick has a big babyface moment by surviving everything SAnitY throws at him to pull one out. I'm interested to see how Strong can do in the WWE system since in ROH he was booked as "guy who wrestles really well and wants to win titles."


- Roode vs. Itami:
Sorry, Hideo. No need to derail Bobby's push right now. Roode keeps things going. I'm thinking Roode vs. McIntyre in Brooklyn.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment