Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Raw Reax - 5/1/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Alexa coronation:
I like the show starting with the women instead of Angle, Braun, or Reigns. Good to see some other names get a spotlight.

I liked the explanation of why they had to be out there to parade the new champ.

Alexa vs. Charlotte at WM34 could have some real meaning because they've been kept apart for so long.

Good to see Alexa getting a big moment.

DAMN. I guess it's good Mae and Moolah got a nod in 2017, though.

Ha. Sasha got put in her place.

Hahahaha I love Alexa/Nia.

MAN Alexa's just going in on everyone other than Nia, huh? Winning in front of Bayley's family is pretty rough as it is.

Hahah Alexa is the hero Bayley's family deserves.

Fine work to end that segment.

- Nia/Alicia/Emma/Alexa vs. Bayley/Sasha/Mickie/Dana:
Pretty good so far. I loved Emma not wanting to fight Dana.

Very glad to see Dana getting to do more.

Man, Alexa has done quite a lot of work for WWE.

Good work heading to commercial.

I like Nia as a monster. The eventual Nia/Alexa match should be good.

Oh Bayley's fired up after that big loss. I don't blame her!

Good work all around!

- Enzo/Cass/Club:
Glad to see Karl and Luke out for revenge instead of just letting their opponents run them down.

- Enzo vs. Gallows:
I hope Luke can get the win after all the faces have done to get the better of the former champs.

I'm liking the psychology here.

Enzo's in a lot of trouble. He can't tag out!

That small package was a nice surprise. I would have bought it as the ending.

That wasn't bad at all!

- Neville/TJP:
Of course Neville's not going to admit to almost tapping! That's what liars do. They come up with fake explanations.

Hahahahah Neville playing TJ so hard right now.

- Rollins/Balor/Ambrose/Miz:
Pretty good babyface promo from Seth.

Ooooohhhhh... I like people calling Brock out instead of just kind of ignoring the WWE Title not being there.

Man. How cool is it to see Seth and Finn in contention to face Brock?

Oh, man... Dean just brought this segment down a lot.

Dean's character tries WAY too hard to be the wacky but edgy badass. It feels too contrived.

How wild is it that Miz is now the big WWE veteran? A lot of us thought he would have been gone more than a decade ago.

OOOOH OOOOH OOOH that shot at Dean not being on Payback.

Hahahah mostly fun.

Interesting. I'm guessing Miz takes that one.

- Nese/Kendrivk/Dar vs. Gallagher/Tozawa/Swann:
I liked Jack being considerate of the others who might need umbrellas.

Fun start. Tozawa's the real deal.

Nice action here.

Nese's power is just unreal. He's got pretty much everything someone could want in a talent.

Fun stuff between Nese and Tozawa.

I love Kendrick's Captain Hook.

That was fun!

- Sheamus/Cesaro/Hardys:
Hahahaha Sheamus burying the fans.

Is the Cesaro Section still a thing? I guess once he actually gets a push those fans will turn on him for being too mainstream or whatever.

I think the Raw teams have a point at being pushed aside in favor of the Hardys, but it should mean for more money for them, too.

Haha. Nice shot at Jeff losing a tooth.

They're definitely testing the waters with the Broken thing.

- Miz/Ambrose:
They've taken a lot of what made Miz good away. Thanks, Raw writing team.

GOD Dean is SO bad. He's cemented himself as an IC Title level guy while Seth and Roman are cruising for higher targets.

- Slater/Crews/Titus:
Wait, are Heath and Rhyno heels now? But they're doing it for the kids!!

- Slater vs. Crews:
I expect we'll see this on Main Event quite a bit going forward.

Fine work here!

Slater should be able to make a good role for himself as a "good hand" helping the new names adjust to WWE. It's kind of what Alicia does.

Fine enough to keep things moving. Good to see this part of the card get some time instead of a Dean Ambrose comedy segment or Stephanie McMahon dressing someone down.

- Angle/Bray:
I'm glad Braun and Roman are selling the big war. That was one hell of a fight and needs a cooldown period instead of throwing both men back in action the next night.

Weird to see Mr. Moonsault Off The Cage caring so much about hurt athletes!

OH SHIT. This could be interesting.

But like, Randy escaped the house??

I'm curious what Bray's doing next.

Interesting.

- Seth/Dean:
Jesus remember when we thought Ambrose was a badass and The Shield were cool?

Draft Ambrose to the UK brand or something.

- Aries vs. TJP:
Nice start. Both men know the art of holds and timing.

Perkins makes a great heel.

Aries can go like few others. I wouldn't mind him being "promoted" to the main Raw roster.

Wow, they're squeezing a lot of action in pretty quickly.

NICE counter to the Fivearm.

Pretty good ending. I'm enjoying this.

- Post-match:
That's pretty strategic, actually. Lose the match but make your opponent fear you.

- Dean/Finn:
Welp. So much for Finn being cool. SSSOOOOO WACKY!!!!

- Angle/G. Truth:
I can't say I dislike wins and losses mattering. Just don't do some goofy contendership ranking thing.

I'm OK with another TV run from Goldy and Ron. I assume they've still got some gas in the tank.

- Finn vs. Seth vs. Miz:
Hopefully Ambrose doesn't ruin this, too.

Ahhhh Miz the strategist. That's why he's in movies and Daniel Bryan is... actually where is Daniel Bryan?

Fun work so far.

Miz is adding a good dimension to this.

This is quite good.

Miz and Maryse are using their brains here. He was WWE Champion before either Finn or Seth were on the main roster.

Balor and Rollins are two very impressive athletes. I love them getting this stage.

Haha Miz is a fantastic heel.

I'm liking the dynamic among these three.

I mean Braun vs. Roman was awesome, too, but you idiots booed it.

All three men are delivering!

I guess Samoa Joe isn't over the loss at Payback.

Hahahahahahaha not a good night to be either Seth or Finn.

I hope Miz brags about beating two former Universal Champions in one match. He's so based.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment