Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 5/30/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Women's division opener:
Charlotte's eugenics gimmick would get over big with the alt-right.

OK, Carmella's line got me to crack up.

OH. MY. GOD. There needs to be a rule where no one can reference Natalya's relatives for a year. This is getting Chavo Guerrero bad.

I wasn't as crazy about Becky's line. That gets old.

I wouldn't mind Tamina being an important part of things. It would be a nice change of pace.

- Highlight Reel:
I expect Jericho back by mid-July, depending on when we see Cena again. I know, I know. We can't see him.

You'd think the inventor of the match would win one.

I'm still surprised MITB isn't a dual-branded PPV with Raw and Smackdown briefcases. They could do a Raw match and a Smackdown match with briefcases good for either show. So, theoretically, Finn Balor could win and cash in on the Smackdown champion. Maybe they don't want to draw attention to Brock being the absentee champ?

Ha. Owens going to win everything!

Owens' banter is pretty fun.

I don't know how mysterious Shinsuke really is compared to, say, Undertaker or Bray Wyatt.

I don't anticipate Jericho retiring anytime soon. He disappears pretty regularly only to return.

I hate the "no one cares" line. It goes from an attack to a burial.

Man, Baron showing footage on Owens' show is pretty low.

Hahahaha Kevin is the master of beating up Sami Zayn.

OH MY GOD they're referencing South Park in 2017?? And not even current South Park!

Not a great showing from Shinsuke.

Someone throw up the Teddy Long signal!

Sami is some kind of a masochist for fighting people who beat him up so much.

- Zayn/Nakamura vs. Owens/Corbin:
Fine start.

VINTAGE SHINSUKE!!

Good work so far.

Everyone works together pretty well here.

Corbin and Owens make a pretty good team.

Zayn's pretty much the king of taking punishment.

I'm liking the heel work.

Definitely some good workers here.

I'm liking all the story going on here.

Shinsuke's always impressive with his strikes.

Nice. Everyone wants to get the win.

Ha. So much for the heel alliance lasting long.

That was solid.

- Usos/New Day:
AHAHAHAHAHAHA burying the Falcons is going to be fun.

AAWWWWWWW SMACKDOWN!!! I'm glad New Day switched sides; Enzo and Cass do a similar gimmick on Raw.

Pretty fun.

This should be a good, fresh feud.

Only Raw lets wrestlers run the show.

That should be fun.

- Fashion Files:
This is fun in a goofy way.

This is weird.

Ummmmm.... what the fuck did I just watch?

- Naomi promo:
Hmmm... I wonder if she's still a little hurt. She didn't work a live event Monday night.

- Becky vs. Charlotte vs. Natalya vs. Tamina vs. Carmella:
This should be a lot of fun. I love a good multi-person brawl.

Doesn't look like the referee's going to be able to hold this one together.

Man. This won't end well for Carmella. Good for Naomi, though. All her opponents are going to beat the hell out of each other!!

That ref's going to need to call some backup!

It's a five-way tie! They all get to face Naomi!!

Man. This is getting pretty extreme.

I'm glad Shane stopped them from killing each other. He might have had to call up Eva Marie to be No. 1 contender!

Amazing is one to describe it, Shane!

MITB will be a pretty big stage for these five. I think Becky, Charlotte, and Natalya can steal the show there. Tamina should be fine, too. Carmella I'm worried about. She might try something unnecessarily dangerous to "get over for her workrate."

- Breezango vs. S. Stars:
PRIMO YOU MONSTER!!!

I like the face team a good deal now. Glad they're getting some screen time.

I'm liking this!

Primo and Epico are fine workers. I just question where their ceiling is.

Pretty fun work here.

I'm surprised this match is getting the kind of time it's getting for something not in the title picture.

Breezango are havin fun Maggle! Me, too. There will be plenty of serious wrestling on 205 Live.

That was pretty fun overall.

- AJ/Dolph:
Oh man that was lame.

Yeah no one cares anymore Dolph.

I definitely want Ziggler to "go."

- Orton/Jinder:
Man, remember the Legend Killer? That was badass.

The Orton Dynasty going strong.

I'd pop for Jinder and the Singhs vs. Randy, Cowboy Bob, and Barry O.

I'm excited for the rematch. I hope Jinder doesn't go down too quickly.

Based Jinder telling it like it is. Why is he the heel again?

- Ziggler vs. Styles:
I like the amateur work early.

How long before they try to get a "this is awesome" chant?

This is solid technical action here.

Both men are very talented, but only one is world champion material in 2017.

Ha. The ref not falling for that bullshit.

Nice avoiding the Styles Clash.

Very solid work from two talented veterans.

This is like human chess with all the counter-wrestling.

I'm really liking this one.

This is really one to go out of your way to watch. Both men delivering.

Nice continuity with Ziggler's leg giving out.

Wait.... are you sure?? Dolph never wins a match!! That was one heck of a battle, though.

-- 205 Live:
- Noam/Alicia/Swann/Sasha:
I'm excited at the idea of more Noams out there just waiting for WWE to find them.

This is awesome. I love this pairing.

HAHAHAHA heels do have all the fun.

I'm mostly OK with Sasha/Swann. Where is my boy CEDRIC in all of this????

- Noam vs. Swann:
It's always weird seeing Rich do chops and strikes, but I guess you can't do flips ALL the time.

This is solid overall. Having Sasha involved adds something new to a match we've seen a LOT.

I like these two on their own, and their styles mesh pretty well.

Good strategy by Dar.

A thing of pure beauty here.

This is good. No disputing that.

Man, Swann gives a lot.

I would have popped for the inside cradle winning after all those cool flips.

This is all nice.

Ha. Sasha and Alicia not playing nice here.

- Cedric interview:
Someone FINALLY asked the question I was wondering. I can respect Cedric wanting to move on, though.

- Cedric vs. Hollis:
Hollis has gotten to work WWE, Impact, and ROH. That's pretty cool.

What if Corey got the win here??

I do like Hollis' killer instinct on display.

Can't do that with an injured knee!

That was pretty impressive.

- Gulak/Mustafa:
Hahahahaha good move by Mustafa. Sometimes babyfaces just need to shut the heel up.

- Mustafa vs. Gulak:
Drew's shocked at Mustafa's unsportsmanlike behavior!!

I like the fire from Ali. He's not JUST a flier.

I'm liking the fight here.

Ooooohhhh not where you want to land off the turnbuckles. Damn.

I really like Drew's tenacity on display.

Solid match.

Classic ending. Good one.

- Gulak promo:
Hahaha.

I LOVE that Drew paints himself as the savior. Heels should always believe they're in the right.

- Austin/Neville:
Haha nice plug.

Neville's looking like the underdog after that tap.

I love Austin's gloating.

Neville's going to be sssooooooo mad!

Haha Aries knows how to work a crowd.

I'm excited for the final chapter.

Neville's going to need to make a statement tonight.

Damn, TJP. So much for that!

Oh, the heels are making him pay.

Pretty solid attack angle.

I think this will be the last time we see Neville as champ for a while. That's fine! I'm sure he'll still do pretty well for himself without the title.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment