Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Raw Reax - 5/22/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Bray/Roman/Angle:
Good to see more characters discussing Brock. He more or less drops out of storylines at times, even when he's champion.

Fun stuff here.

I'd love to see Bray as champion again, but I don't think it's going to happen. Brock vs. Roman at WM34 seems likely.

Wyatt's going to have his hands full if he's doing that much sacrificing at Extreme Rules.

I'd like to see Finn vs. Brock a lot.

I liked the line about yards and worlds.

I have a feeling Bray and Roman are going to be feuding for years.

What does Roman do if he does win at Extreme Rules and beat Brock? What mountain is left for him to conquer?

Ugh. "New Era." I do think we're now in a different era from 2009 or so. The NXT Era, if you will.

- Bray vs. Roman:
These two generally have good chemistry.


Wow. Bray already trying to hit Sister Abigail and win.

I'm liking the brawl here.

Roman going to town with those clotheslines.

Joe's not really one to miss out on the action, huh?

- Post-match:
Hahaah so much for the alliance.

SHIELD FOR LIFE BALEE DAT!!

- Seth/Roman/Angle/Elias:
I'm glad they're not buddy-buddy given their history.


WAIT JUST A MINUTE NOW PLAYA!!! I know the setup is cliche, but there are only so many ways to set matches up.

So, like, is Elias a wrestler who occasionally plays guitar or is he a guitar player who occasionally wrestles?

- Tozawa vs. Ariya:
I wonder if Daivari wishes he was part of Jinder's clique.


This is fun so far.

I like how these two play off each other. Ariya is there to show what Tozawa can do.

That was fine enough to showcase Akira.

- Post-match:
I'm ready for this one to end and for both men to move on. 205 Live's small roster means they've got to drag things on.

- Sasha/Alicia/Noam:
Sasha and Bayley have the unfortunate situation of being two over babyfaces on the same show. Only one can be Raw's top female face.

Ha. Sasha throwing that shade.

Hmmm... who would work as Sasha's boyfriend? Cedric Alexander would make sense given his past with Alicia and Naom.

- Samson song:
HEAT. MAGNET. He doesn't need to dive to get over.

- Elias vs. Ambrose:
Man Ambrose has really dropped on the card.

Samson does his thing well enough.

Fine action so far.

I like the ruthless aggression here from The Drifter. 

Elias seems to have upped his game since NXT.

Ambrose can bump and move.

UUUGGGHHHH I could never see that clothesline again and be good.

Elias wins!!!!

- Post-match:
Good for me to establish The Drifter.

- Cass/Enzo/Angle:
I'm sure a lot of people want to beat the hell out of Enzo.

Man, being a GM is tough with all this kind of stuff going on backsage.

- Finn/Heyman:
Finn beating four guys would be pretty big.

WHOA. Didn't expect him here tonight.

I mean, really. Who's going to stop Brock after all he's done?

Heyman's always a lot of fun.

They've GOT to do Roman vs. Brock at some point. Probably WM34, right?

I like Heyman putting Finn over instead of just calling him a joke or unimportant.

Man, Finn in ECW would have been something.

Interesting.... Finn vs. Brock could be really special.

That was pretty good!

- Finn vs. Karl:
No way is Club Guy No. 2 beating Finn here.

This has got to be big for both of them on a personal level.

It'll take both Clubbers to beat Finn.

Karl's just here to fill time and take Balor's offense.

This is fun enough to show what Finn can do.

Finn's definitely really good.

WOW. Nice flip dive, but was it necessary?

That was good. Finn vs. Gallows next week?

- Fox vs. Sasha:
Fine work so far.

Hahaha Noam's a lot of fun.

Fine to fill some time and give Sasha a TV win.

- Post-match:
Hey! That was uncalled for, Sasha!!

The heel power couple thing works for me, I guess.

- Kalisto/Crews/Titus:
I can see the complaint that the superstar shakeup means the same people doing the same thing on a different night.

Poor Apollo just can't catch a break, booking-wise. They needed a better plan when they called him up.

Ha. I'd be OK with a Titus stable.

Apollo's being pushed around by the former primetime player.

- Goldust promo:
Who would have called a Goldust push in 2017!? I expect this is just so Truth can wrap up his in-ring career. Hell, he's earned it. Goldust has, too, but I guess he's not ready just yet.

- Alexa interview:
I REALLY like Bliss' sadistic streak. Very Harley Quinn.

Man. Alexa going to ruin Bayley permanently. You can't hug someone if you're sore from kendo stick strikes.

That was good!

- Kalisto vs. Apollo:
Fine start.

Apollo's got all the tools to be a success if he can get momentum and some character on his side.

Hahahaha Crews can't even beat this dude.

OK to keep the feud going.

- Post-match:
I don't expect this pairing to last long.

- M. Hardy vs. Sheamus:
Nice start.

I'm getting WWECW memories between these two.

I like the grappling here.

Good job countering the Twist of Fate.

I hope Sheamus will stick around WWE for a good while. He's talented.

Good physicality here.

Nice story so far.

Two veterans showing how it's done.

I'm glad to see Matt back in WWE. He's been away long enough for this to be fresh.

These two are working together quite well.

That was really solid. Both men can do good work.

- Post-match:
Welp, I guess Jeff wants to do a Swanton off the cage! I bet both teams will do really well.

- Nese vs. Aries:
Ha. Neville playing those mind games.

I'm generally enjoying the cruiserweights.

Aries is at the top of his game. He's put in a LOT of work to get to that level.

This is nice.

I'm liking the action here.

Fine for continuing the build to the millionth Aries/Neville encounter.

I liked the ending there.

- Post-match:
This is what happens when you displease the King!!

- Mickie vs. Alexa:
I'm liking both sides trying to get an advantage here instead of jumping right to high-impact moves.

Mickie's very much still able to contribute at a high level.

That wasn't bad. I just wish it had gone longer.

- Post-match:
Ohhhhh shit.

BAH GAWD THE MATCH IS OVER!!!

The payoff here is Bayley finally lighting Alexa up. They don't want to give that away until the PPV.

- Joe/Bray vs. Roman/Seth:
Those Shield egos still flaring.

This is already pretty chaotic.

I like what Seth brings to the table as a main eventer.

This is a fun combination of styles.

Good physicality here. Everyone's out to get an advantage going into the contendership match. Meanwhile, Brock is probably farming or something. I strongly doubt he's watching Raw.

Only one Samoan can reign supreme here.

Good action from everyone.

I like crazy Bray. He's really giving himself to the role.

A lot of action outside the ring here.

Seth just gives and gives and gives in the ring.

Rollins is all energy. Damn.

OK, Seth. Now you're just showing off your stamina.

Reigns and Seth make a pretty fun duo in the ring.

Pretty good plan from the heels.

Nice ending to establish the heels as threats.

- Angle/Finn:
Both pretty explosive matches!!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment