Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 5/23/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.
-- Smackdown:
- Jinder/Singhs arrive:
I'm liking this sudden new prominent heel thing. JBL knows what this is like. Hell, Orton got the same out of nowhere push to his first world title.

- MITB match set:
So, Randy vs. Jinder in a few weeks will be a dark match. I wonder if they put the belt on Jinder so Randy could win it back in his hometown.

Also where the heck is Rusev in all of this?? He gave you an ultimatum, Shane! What kind of commissioner just lets a talent go home to Bulgaria after signing him in the shakeup.

Hold up, really????? Dolph hasn't mattered in a while. He should have to beat someone to get in the match, even if it's Sin Cara.

Hahahaha Kevin must have slipped the sound guy $100 or something. Genius.

Wait. Five people in MITB?? That's pretty small.

I'd much rather Raw and Smackdown each have a MITB match instead of Great Balls of Fire being a thing.

So like, why is Kevin not in the match if AJ is? This is crazy.

Nakamura has wrestled on TV for the Smackdown brand a grand total of once and he's already in MITB? Man.

Ooooooh Kevin went there about Shane not beating AJ.

OK, great. What's the rest of the card going to be with that many top names ties up there?

HAHAHAHAH Baron not even waiting for the match.

How many houses has AJ built???? Impact AND Smackdown? Maybe ROH and New Japan, too?

I like AJ for the most part. Is Cartman still relevant in 2017 or did Vince just learn about South Park? WELL GODDAMN PAL LET'S KILL KENNY!

I do like Sami being in title contention.

Hahahaa remember when Dolph was World Champion material??

Good to set up other matches here.

- Natalya/Carmella vs. Charlotte/Becky:
Good chain wrestling to start. At least Carmella can do that much, eh?

Fine work so far.

Coach Ellsworth giving them the gameplan.

Nice timing by Becky with the baseball slide.

Fine tag psychology here.

Man, everyone goes after Becky.

I'm liking this.

Charlotte's just straight up good at what she does.

Good stuff with everyone getting involved.

Carmella stands out as the "Diva." That's better than blending in.

I'm glad Ellsworth is here.

Fine ending to continue things.

- Corbin vs. Sami:
So wait, is it "burying" Corbin to lose so quickly or "burying" Sami to have him in such a quick match? Can't wait to read the "expert analysis" about how Vince is losing it, etc.

- Post-match:
Baron might have lost, but he's going to make an impact before MITB.

I'm liking this fight.

Poor Sami just can't catch a break.

Wow. Sami's night not ending well.

- Shinsuke/AJ:
There are people salivating at the thought of these two facing off at Summerslam.

I do like the tension here.

This should be pretty fun.

- Breezango/Shane:
That's a sad ending for the cops.

Man. Poor guys.

That works for me!!

- Jinder celebration:
Big moment for all these guys.


I'm liking this guy. He might be an IC Title level guy, but I'm willing to give him the chance to show he can belong at a high level. Many people don't "prove" they can be top names until they get the spotlight on them.

Jinder heeling the U.S. is fine by me.

Ummm, maybe Jinder shouldn't say something like "hijack" as a foreign heel.

I wonder what Khali thinks about all this. Jinder vs. Khali in India would draw of the biggest wrestling crowds worldwide for 2017.

- Lana video:
I'm guessing she'll be doing something at MITB. They'll have some time to fill that night. 

- Jey vs. Breeze:
I'm OK with some comedy here and there after God knows how many meaningless matches on Main Event, 205 Live, and ROH.


- Jimmy vs. Fandango:
They're not so happy about the squirt gun thing.

Fine for something goofy.

- Post-match:
Much more interesting than "we're the best wrestlers GRRRR"

- Usos vs. Breezango:
Jey and Jimmy not going to go for 0-3 if they can help it.

I'm liking the action from the champs.


Glad to see Breeze and Fandango as fun faces.

This is good enough. The Usos are underrated because they got a break due to their family.

That was pretty good.

- Shane/women's division:
EVERYONE wants a title shot, I see. Except for Lana and Eva Marie, I guess.


Haha James makes this so much more interesting.

That's fine with me!

- Kendrick promo:
I'm SO ready for all this to be blown off.


- Styles/Nakamura vs. Dolph/Owens:
Good work so far. Ziggler is a solid U.S./IC level worker with a legitimate technical background.

Nakamura already sliding right into TV main events. Nice.

Who would have called AJ Styles, Kevin Steen, and Shinsuke Nakamura in a match together on WWE TV???

This is enjoyable.

I'm liking the heel teamwork.

Nice so far.

This is such a crazy combination in the main event, because none of them fit the stereotypical mold of a WWE main eventer from 2009 or so.

Fun match here.

Ziggler is more interesting as a heel.

Owens vs. Shinsuke is interesting. Glad to see a new combination of workers.

Pretty fun ending sequence.

So much for that Styles Clash!

-- 205 Live: 
- Kendrick promo:
This is a prime example of something that was great but is being stretched out a bit too long.

I do like the idea of Tozawa having to prove himself in the U.S.

I don't remember Kendrick being this fleshed out of a character ever. The Brian Kendrick was fun, but didn't have this kind of depth.

I'm excited for this final chapter.

- Swann vs. Ariya:
Fun story to start.

Swann's athleticism is unreal.

Daivari playing spoiler here, making Rich and the fans earn those cool moves.

Ariya's doing pretty well for himself. I'm glad to see so many younger, smaller names getting a shot here.

I don't see how Rich pulls all this off.

Nice ending.

- Post-match:
Hahahahahahaha I love it (Maggle).

- Neville/Aries interview:
I'm pretty ready for this one to wrap up. Two great, great wrestlers, but this has really stretched out.

I do wonder where both men go from here.

OK, we get it. They're going to fight at Extreme Rules.

Should Aries win, he'll be in an elite club of people who have held titles in WWE, Impact, and ROH.

Austin can be a good promo when he takes things seriously. Sometimes he's able to get by with his charisma, but it's good to see him be pushed to deliver more than snark.

That was pretty good once it heated up. None of that ROH "I'm going to show I'm THE BEST WRESTLER and TAKE YOUR TITLE!"

- Cedric vs. J. Moon:
Really? Nobody's going to ask my man how it feels to be back? Or about Alicia's status?

That was OK to remind us Alexander exists. Maybe after Extreme Rules he'll get some character growth.

- Gulak promo:
I like this guy's mentality. I want to see him take it a lot further. Scorch people like that Orton retweet.

- Kendrick vs. Tozawa:
Brian to shift things in his way early but Tozawa having none of it.

I'm liking the action early.

I like when Akira's fired up.

Good intensity here.

Oh, I'm ready for some table action.

Nice action between these two.

I LOVED Brian using his jacket to stop the big headbutt.

Kendrick the unconventional genius.

Using the tape is weird, but I like it.

This is pretty wild.

I'm liking the story here.

Haha I like the use of the tape. It's something different.

OUCH! Those belts hurt.

Good selling of important moves.

A Tiger Driver on the steps would have been wicked.

Good back-and-forth.

I'm enjoying both of them doing what they do best.

NICE senton spot.

That was good!!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment