Total Pageviews

Monday, May 22, 2017

WWE Backlash Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown brand Network special.

-- Kickoff:
- Ellsworth on the panel:
Ahhh I love this guy.

Carmellsworth is pretty fun. I like the arrogance.

- Rowan arrives:
This guy... He's even more stuck in the "former Wyatt Family member" role than Harper is. It's going to be really tough to get him some traction as a singles star.

- Ziggler interview:
Oh, God. More from this guy. I really wish it was Miz in this role instead.

This is SO bad. Dolph cares way too much about "having a good match" and that's why he's where he is on the card.

- Zayn interview:
I'd like to think Sami can beat Corbin given all he's done in the business.

I hope Sami can get some momentum going. Talented guy, but I don't know how far her can make it.

Ehhhhh.... didn't really sell me on the match.

- Aiden entrance:
Something new and old from the former Vaudevillain.

- Aiden vs. Tye:
These two are good wrestlers who are going to have a hard time breaking out and moving up the card.

This is fun so far.

Fine work for a filler match.

I think Aiden's destined to be the next JTG, booking-wise. He hasn't won a singles match in a year.

I'm interested in this character for Aiden. Reminds me a bit of Christian's amazing temper tantrums.

Surprised Aiden can do a swanton with Jeff back. I can KIND OF understand Roderick keeping the Angle Slam since Kurt's pretty much retired, but Brotha Nero is doing that move regularly.

See you in a few weeks, Tye.

- More Rowan:
Bleh. He'll need something new to keep him interesting. Odd couple tag team is my pick. Hell, team him with Aiden. That could be pretty fun.

-- Backlash: 
- Shinsuke vs. Ziggler:
Please win Shinsuke.

This is solid so far. I guess Dolph's "teaching him the WWE style" and all that.

Good work here.

Ziggler can be a pretty good worker. It's just time for a major rehaul.

Dolph working his tail off as always.

Finally we get some kicks from the King of Strong Style.

NICE triangle choke.

Yeah like Dolph can pin anyone in 2017.

HAHAHAHAHAH All those big moves ineffective. Just go home Dolph.

The attempted piledriver was a nice surprise.

Oh, yeah. Shinsuke's firing up now.

That superkick spot was pretty impressive.

Dolph trying SO DAMN HARD here. I appreciate the effort for the most part.

Yeah, Dolph. You pissed off the wrong dude.

That was pretty solid. Glad they didn't try to protect Dolph in the loss.

- Breezango entrance:
Glad to see these two having fun, since I doubt they'll win the titles here.

- Usos vs. Breezango:
Hahahahaaha what the fuck is this?

So much for Moppy making a comeback. I'd unironically pop for Ambrose going full Perry Saturn. He might as well at this point.

This is silly.

This is insane!

And you thought House of Horrors was different.

Now that this is more serious, it's going pretty well.

I'm liking this pretty well.

Hahahah this is ridiculous.

OH MY GOD that barricade bump. Nice.

That was fun while it lasted. I hope Vince and Kevin Dunn got their kicks.

- Corbin vs. Zayn:
I'm curious which way this one will go.

Nice story early.

NICE moonsault spot.

Basic, but an effective story.

Sami making the most of his speed and agility.

Baron does his role well. I can see him doing good things years from now.

I like Corbin doing the chokeslam. Taker's retired, and Kane and Big Show are haded that way.

This is pretty fun.

That was pretty solid!!

I wonder where Corbin goes from here.

- Jinder arrives:
Mahal has the chance to knock it out of the park here. This could be the push Muhammad Hassan never got.

This is good. Everyone involved has a chance to make this a big moment, even in a loss.

- Natalya/Tamina/Carmella vs. Naomi/Charlotte/Becky:
Fine work early.

Ah the old Flair Flip.

Carmella and Ellsworth work better as a duo than Carmella on her own.

Naomi impressive here.

Ha. Carmella makes the most of her skills.

Tamina's not bad. I think she's going to be eclipsed by Nia, but that's OK.

I hope Becky doesn't get overshadowed by the other Horsewomen.

Nice submission counters spot.

And now we're in chaos.

Huh. I would have called the faces winning that one.

- Owens vs. AJ:
Two of the best wrestlers in the game today.

I like seeing these two in this environment.

This is heating up pretty well.

I'm liking this a lot.

Owens doing pretty well for himself here.

Both men really turning it up here.

Owens trying to beat the guy who seemingly has endless reserves to pull from.

I didn't expect Kevin to pull out submissions, but I'm liking it.

Loving all the drama here with the counters and the like.

I liked AJ selling the leg to the point he couldn't hit a cool move. It will probably cost the match a star and a half, though.

I'm enjoying this a good deal.

HAHAHAH that's one way to stop trash talk.

Brutal looking superplex spot.

Nice suplex on the outside of the ring, too.

NICE forearm from the barricade.

I'm liking this a lot.

Kevin Owens, master strategist.

Clever enough ending, but no way is it getting above ***1/2 from those "in the know."

- Rowan vs. Harper: 
Erick's not pleased about that whole "no more Wyatt Family" thing.

I like monster matches most of the time.

This is pretty wild in the early going.

I'm liking this so far.

Harper making the most of this feud.

This is pretty fun.

Hey, Rowan's not half bad.

This has kind of a Godzilla vs. King Kong vibe.

The sheep mask is like Taker's urn, I guess?

Not bad!

- Orton vs. Jinder: 
Orton with those temper problems. Will that cost him here?

Weird. Will they have Orton take him out so there can be a surprise opponent??

Nice. Mind games from the champ.

Jinder might be stuck in a trap from the Viper.

Ha. Jinder not taking an RKO that easily.

I'm liking Jinder focusing on the arm.

Good work so far.

Mahal doesn't have 500 moves, but Orton can bring the most out of him.

This is good. And no dives!!

This is a FIGHT. I like it.

There's a pretty good story being told here.

That superplex spot was pretty good.

Nice work from both men. Orton's a ring general.

Jinder does NOT want to get hit with an RKO here.

Hahaha Orton's going to take them all out if he can.

Oh I would have been fine with the RKO ending it right there. Jinder had a good showing for his first PPV main event for the WWE Title.

The Singhs with the save there!

Jesus. Orton's not playing around with these guys.

Talk about your sacrificial lambs!!

Whoa. Can't say I saw that ending coming. They definitely protected Orton with the surprise win. I'm more shocked than anything. We'll see how Jinder will do as champ.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment