Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 11, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 5/10/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- Black vs. Bononi:
I don't anticipate Cezar having a dominant showing here.

Aleister's got something special. I like what he's doing here.

I'm liking this!

Black's a lethal dude. That was good.

- Ember interview:
It's a shame she's sidelined. I hope she has a big 2017 in NXT and a big 2018 or 2019 on the main roster.

- Ruby video:
I'm liking Ruby already. She stands out from your standard WWE female performers.

That was good!

- Cross interview:
Man. She's something else, huh?

Hahaha this is AMAZING. I love her as a convincing savage.

She gets right to the point!

- McIntyre/Blake:
I really wonder where Kassius and Drew fit in at Chicago. NXT has the "problem" of too many talented people and not enough spots!

I'd be fine with more Wesley Blake. He showed potential as Beautiful Blake or whatever he called himself.

- #DIY/Machinery:
It's only a matter of time before Johnny and Tommaso are paired up on the main roster.

I love #DIY (other than the name), but we've seen them face the Authors a LOT.

#DIY not backing down and getting right to the fighting.

- #DIY vs. Machinery:
Ciampa and Gargano aren't pushovers. Tino and Riddick will have to earn this one.

I like the meatheads. They're doing alright for themselves.

This is going well.

The hosses are pretty mobile. I like it.

Gargano's really, really good. He'd be right at home on 205 Live.

I'm enjoying the pairing of Johnny and Tommaso. I'm sure they could have a killer feud, but I'm glad they haven't been split to do so.

That was an impressive finishing sequence from the former tag team champs.

- Regal/Ellering:I'd believe Akam and Rezar putting those two on stretchers.

Wow, Regal. That's pretty harsh!

OOOOHHHH YYYYEEEAHHHHH that one should really be worth checking out.

- Ohno/Almas:
I'm excited for more from Kassius. He, Drew, and Itami all ended up here at the same time and there's only so much space for them on the card.

I'm excited for more of Cien, too. Not quite at the same level, but I like him.

That should be a pretty good match.

- Strong/Itami interviews:
This is being sold as a big match. I like that.

Both brief promos were good. 

- Strong vs. Itami:
I expect a pretty fun combination of styles here.

Fine pace to start things up.

Both men seem to have a lot they can potentially bring to the table here.

I'm liking the strike battle.

Hahaha Itami's fakeout kick is fun.

Roderick's a believable veteran worker.

Strong's really, really solid.

I'm liking the back and forth here. There's a solid story.

Strong's making a solid heel here.

Glad to see Hideo has seemingly already knocked the rust off. He's in there with a true pro.

I'm surprised they're letting Strong do the Olympic Slam and it not be a pinfall.

Good GOD what a big falcon arrow. I'm liking this a lot.

Each man is bringing a lot to this one.

That was great! I would have been OK with it going longer/ending in a way to set up a triple threat.

- Post-match:
That was good. I wonder what's next for Roderick now.
 
-- ROH:
- Bucks vs. Squad:
I assume Matt and Nick will just steamroll these guys with cool MOVES.

The Squad aren't a bad team, and I'm very glad to see someone different on this show.

Fine enough so far.

Ugggghhhh... it's the same old thing from these guys. The Bucks are generally only interesting against opponents like the Hardys where they actually have to step up their games for a larger/less niche audience. They're incredibly athletic and have a lot of drive, but they're comfortable as kings of the indies.

Well that was pretty much a wash. The Bucks are treading water.

- Taven promo:
I just don't see Taven as more than a TV Title level player, even in ROH. That's not burying him or anything. I just don't see him as a credible top guy.

- Briscoes promo:
Still not really sure why we need two sets of tag team titles other than NJPW and CMLL having trios titles. Is it wrong to see ROH as the lesser party in those relationships? I mean, they haven't been around nearly as long and they couldn't touch the attendance of big shows from those promotions.

- Punishment vs. Bruiser:
I appreciate ROH using this style of wrestler, but they don't really excel at it.

Impressive body press from Martinez, although seemingly every big man has to fly to keep the ROH fan base's attention.

This feels kind of disjointed, but that's likely due to me being used to the WWE style for more than 15 years.

That wasn't bad, really. Not ideal, but not bad. Where does Punishment go from here? It's not like they're going to give him gold. I assume he's just here to get some experience before heading to NXT. Can't blame him for that!

- Scurll interview:
Haha way to dance around where Sydal has been.

Wow, way to bury someone who could theoretically be important given his WWE run.

- Cole promo:
Talk about someone really spinning his tires. I hope he's headed to NXT soon, because he's really in a holding pattern since losing the ROH World Title.

- Cody promo:
I enjoy Cody a good deal. He's been a pretty good talent for most of his career. At least since turning it up a notch with the Dashing character.

- Cody/Cole vs. Daniels/Castle:
This is fine enough in the early going. Very glad to see Cody featured after leaving WWE. Not everyone gets that chance.

NICE Disaster kick spot.

Well so much for Bullet club unity! Can we at least get Cody vs. Cole before Adam shows up in a picture with Triple H?

I'm glad Daniels is a main eventer in ROH. He's made it as a top guy.

Good work between Cody and Daniels.

HAHAHAH Cole ain't done yet!!

That was cool. I'm glad to see Cody as a threat to the title.

- Post-match:
I can tolerate the Bullet Club at times.

I am pretty much ready for some new people to be featured, though. Only so much they can do with Cole and The Bucks as important players. Also, where the heck is Hangman Page?

Hmmmmmm... will the Club turn on Cole and put the title on Cody? That would be pretty cool. I really like Daniels as champion, but I wouldn't be upset at that direction because it'd be a perfect sendoff and pass the torch moment.

Lethal is such a bland character. Not as bad as he was as a heel, but nothing special in the personality department.

Hahaha Cody picking his spots.

Not a bad ending to set up the PPV main event!!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment