Total Pageviews

Monday, July 10, 2017

Great Balls of Fire Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw-brand WWE Network special.
-- Kickoff: 
- Rosenberg on GBOF:
Haha at least he's honest about the name being a huge negative sensation.


- Rollins interview:
I like Seth's fire. He's worthy of being a top name. Dean doesn't often have this passion.

- Bray promo:
That was cool. Solid work.

- Dana/Emma on the panel:
I wish Dana was doing something more important.

Can we get Dana and Emma on 205 Live? There's plenty going on there, but these two barely get screen time.

- Heyman in the lounge:
I like Heyman being on guard.


I do like the idea of Joe/Heyman IF Heyman wasn't already working with Lesnar. I don't see any reason to pair Paul with anyone else anytime soon.

That was a good final sell for the bout. I'm excited for the war.

- Neville vs. Tozawa:
I'm excited for this one.


Good start. Both men are good workers.

NICE counter to the dive. These two are playing chess.

I like Neville's mean streak.

Tozawa picked the wrong guy to mess with.

Akira's a hard worker.

Nice octopus spot.

This is going pretty well.

I'm loving the story here.

Man. Neville always has a gameplan, huh?

That was a good ending. Neville continues to establish a dominant reign. I'm ready for something new, but it's not because Neville isn't working hard and making the most of his opportunities.

-- GBOF: 
- Seth vs. Bray:
Nice feeling out process, but I felt like this was more of a grudge match and shouldn't be starting with tie-ups.

Fine back-and-forth here in the early going.

OK, now things are getting more physical. Good.

I'm liking how these two match up. They have contrasting styles, but both sides work hard.

Wait, really? Seth outpunching Bray? A little surprised there.

Seth's stamina is just unreal.

Hitting moves on the apron is the new thing every match has to have now.

Nice work between these two.

Solid work from both men.

Seth goes hard all the time.

NICE hanging DDT. I like that spot.

Bray really playing with Rollins' head here.

I'm surprised Bray got a clean win. Seth has so much stamina, it's hard to believe he's ever down for the count.

- Hardys interview:
This should be interesting.

Nice nod to Jeff's tooth accident.

Pretty good.

- Enzo promo:
Great fired-up work from Mr. Amore.

This is nice. Pure babyface work.

I hope Enzo and Cass can succeed as singles competitors.

- Enzo vs. Cass:
On one hand, it was smart for Enzo to try to get the win early. But getting in range to be walloped by Cass is dangerous.


I like this so far. Cass using his advantages to bully his former best friend.

I hope Cass can be a giant so Kane, Henry, and Show can go ahead and retire (if Kane and Henry haven't already).

Enzo's putting up a fight, though!

Cass just destroying Enzo here.

Man, Enzo might should have stayed down.

Good stuff to get heat on Cass and sympy for Enzo.

- Sheamus/Cesaro vs. Hardys:
-- Fall One:
Oh man, you got suckered right in, Matt.

-- Fall Two: 
Jeff is still fired up all these years later.

If the heels can work together as a dominating force, they might have this one.

Matt Hardy WILL. NOT. DIE!!!

VINTAGE HARDY DOUBLE-TEAMS!

This is pretty good.

Cesaro and Sheamus don't even need to beat the Hardys. They just have to not take a fall.

I like the combination of the heels.

Good teamwork from the Europeans.

NICE work to make that second fall happen.

-- Fall Three:
The Hardys have been in enough battles together to pull this one out.


I like Matt's use of the turnbuckles as a weapon.

I feel like it's 1999 all over again with this offense!

That was a good third fall.

-- Fall Four:
I'm enjoying this big battle.

Fun teamwork from Matthew and NERO.

NICE Poetry in Motion to the outside.

SMART work from the heels to get one over on Matt. I'm liking the strategy here.

-- Fall Five:
This is going to take one hell of a superhuman comeback.

Haha Cesaro showing off his fitness. I like the story of them winning by virtue of not diving off ladders for two decades.

I love them blatantly running out the clock because they have the lead.

Cesaro's much more fun as a heel in a tag team.

This is all good stuff.

I'm enjoying all this tag team action.

Cesaro showing off his fitness big time with the 9,000 running uppercuts.

Not a bad way to get a pin at all! I liked that.

-- Fall Six:
The time limit adds a new dimension to this. I'm warming up to the idea of using clocks more often in matches.


The Hardys picking things up to try to tie things up.

Matt digging deep! He's going to need to be a superhero here!

NICE giant Twist of Fate to put as at three apiece.

-- Fall Seven:
Time's running out, Team Xtreme!


The Hardys going aerial for all it's worth.

Cesaro saving Sheamus BIG time after that big frog splash spot.

A real sense of urgency here.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Cesaro's blind tag saving the titles I love it Maggle!

-- Fall Eight:
Oh that was BEAUTIFUL. Genius save for the champs. I hope WWE really goes far with them.


- Alexa vs. Sasha:
I love Alexa's mannerisms.


Good work early.

Glad to see Sasha showing off again.

I'm liking the story so far. Both women working well.

Hahahha Alexa not about that Banks Statement life.

Both women are good athletes.

This is pretty solid!

OH MAN! That was a great counter to Twisted Bliss.

Poor Alexa having to take the Banks Statement for so long! She's being BULLIED!

That was going well until Alexa bailed. I mean, not that I blame her for not putting up with that disrespect!

- Post-match:
Oh Sasha's not pleased by that result.


Good action to not end things with the count-out.

- Titus interview:
I'd pop for Neville vs. Titus at Summerslam.


- Miz vs. Ambrose:
Dean's not a fan of the Miztourage.


Looks like we're in for a lot of interference.

Fine so far.

I really enjoy Miz.

This is solid. They work together pretty well.

NICE big butterfly suplex.

Ahhh Miz pulling from the man he successfully coached to the main event of Wrestlemania. Does Bryan really think he can be a success post-WWE without Miz's guidance?

Miz is so underrated. I love his work on the leg here.

This is pretty solid.

Bo and Curtis saving us from that god-awful meme clothesline.

I really hope Miz can win with three people in his corner. Sheesh.

I'm loving the story here. The shenanigans add something to a match we've seen 5,000 times.

Maryse is wife of the year.

Ha. This is highway robbery!

Glad we didn't get a return to a comedy IC Champion.

- Roman vs. Braun:
God I love Braun Strowman.

Braun going full mastadon. Roman's not a small man to be manhandled like this.

I love this kind of brutality.

Roman finally actually feels like the underdog.

Enjoyable so far.

Nice Samoan drop.

I like Roman's strategy here.

Reigns is going to need to take out both arms and legs if he's going to beat Braun.

I'm enjoying Strowman's path of destruction. I really hope see Brock vs. Braun.

OH MY GOD Strowman tossing Roman into the ambulance.

Roman's survival instincts kicking in here.

How many Superman punches will it take to beat this guy!!???

I'm loving the demolition derby here.

Carnage! Pure, unadulterated carnage!

Hahah like a front face lock was going to work.

GENIUS counter to the spear.

Not bad at all! Pretty fun match.

- Post-match:
Ain't no keeping down THE BIG DOG!!!


This is some horror movie monster shit.

Hahahahaha poor ambulance driver.

OH MY GOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD.

Oh man, Braun might be staying in Dallas for a while.

- Slater vs. Hawkins:
Poor Heath and Curt. No one's going to pay attention to this.


I mean, hey, these two are pretty talented hands.

Heck, they might need to get Curt and Heath to help out backstage!!

Hahahahahahaha poor guys weren't important enough to get their match broadcast.

- Braun backstage:
BAH GAWD HE DAMN NEAR KILLED HIM!!


Yeah, I doubt he'll miss much time.

- Brock vs. Joe: 
That Samoan thug! What an unsportsmanlike action!


Joe's going to have to stay on him!

Joe might just Goldberg him here!

Oh this is a fight. I love it. No 450 splashes here.

This is some fun physicality.

Joe might just have him here holy shit.

Oh... well. So much for staying out of Suplex City.

This is like something you'd see in a jungle or something. Just two big beasts colliding.

Hahahahahah that low blow spot.

Joe's got every chance in the world to beat the champ right now. This is really something.

I mean, my God, Joe's going to win by passout if this keeps up.

And here come more suplexes!!

MAN Joe just won't stay down! That was a beautiful counter.

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT

Brock pulled that one out from nowhere. That was a hell of a fight. They gave Joe a pretty big spotlight. I don't want to hear any bullshit about this being a "burial" or them not pushing Joe after that.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment