Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 27, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 7/26/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Ember vs. Tapa:
I wonder if Tapa was going to be an alternate in the MYC or something given her GFW tenure.

Tapa has power, but I don't know if WWE would think they need her with Nia Jax and Tamina around.

I like Ember when she gets going.

Not bad!

- Post-match:
I'm ready for Ember vs. Asuka II. They can tear it up.

Pretty hype promo.

- Strong tweet:
I'm curious what he'll be doing in Brooklyn.

- Black video:
Aleister has already heavily impressed me. Really, really talented guy.

- Authors/SAnitY:
Oh this is going to be REALLY hype. NXT has built both sides up as people you don't want to mess with.

Akam and Rezar are full on mastadons. I love it.

Fun while it lasted. SAnitY might need Nikki's help to stand a chance after that.

- Profits video:
I am so ready for these two. You need some fun teams amid the really serious monsters.

- Jose/Vega:
Zelina's not someone you want to mess with. If she can follow in AJ's footsteps, she'll have a pretty good career. Just, you know, don't end up with the same ending Lee had.

- Velveteen vs. Bononi:
Dream's not bad as a wrestler. His other skills round him out.

Bononi's not about to lose to Prince if he can help it.

Bononi's got some skills. I like it.

Not bad.

- Post-match:
I love it. I hope Dream does well enough for himself.

- Regal interview:
I'm down for it. Should be a big clash.

- McIntyre promo:
I like this. He's acknowledging his past followers, but isn't assuming everyone already knows him.

Man. It's a shame Drew didn't go on as far as we wanted him to as The Chosen One.

Drew definitely busted his ass all over the globe to get back in WWE.

I like this fired up Drew.

That was all pretty good. Drew does that role well.

- Mendoza promo:
I'm looking forward to seeing Johnny again.

Nice to give Raul some shine instead of him just being led to slaughter next week.

- Itami vs. Ohno:
This should be good.

I'm liking the physicality so far.

WHOA. Can't say I expected a drop kick from Kassius.

Itami has some killer instinct.

Lots of kicks!

Hideo is focused. This could be his last chance to shine in NXT.

This is nice. Each man has a strategy based on what they bring to the table.

Ohno's pretty solid. I'm glad he's getting another chance in NXT.

Yeah good luck hitting a GTS on someone that size.

Itami's frustrations showing here.

- Post-match:
Hideo just going on a tear.

This is pretty good to establish Hideo.

OUUUCCCHHHHH.

-- ROH: 
- Bucks/Page/Scurll:
Oh, yay. These guys.

Yeah, ROH's tag division is nowhere near big enough for two sets of titles, but they're basically just doing the trios thing because CMLL and NJPW do it.

Bleh. I like the Bullet Club in theory, but it's hard to take them seriously with the Bucks involved. Who's next, Santino and Swoggle?

- Vinny vs. Scurll vs. Ferrara vs. Woods vs. Terrible vs. Kazarian:
Oh hey look it's a random clusterfuck!

I'd probably just hang out on the apron and let everyone else fight out this random match.

I do like seeing Josh Woods again.

Haha, do NOT try to trade holds with Josh Woods.

This isn't bad for an exhibition of the names involved.

CMLL names continuing to no-sell the Kingdom. I love it.

Man, Terrible's no-selling pretty much everything. A thumb to the eye would hurt like hell.

Scurll's just getting involved here and there to save the match. I love it.

NICE double German suplex. Woods is someone worth keeping an eye on.

Because six people in a match isn't enough, here's Shane Taylor for some reason.

It's the "everyone do a spot" part of the match!

Scurll's just here for comic relief, I guess.

Kazarian putting the work in here. He's pretty good.

Ha. Scurll won with the exact minimal effort. I love it.

- Daniels promo:
Daniels has kind of been pushed aside with Cody being the centerpiece.

I'm really curious what the future holds for Daniels now that he's not champion. Obviously he's not hanging up the boots just yet, but I don't know if we'll see him as champion again.

That match should be really good. Heck, it might get the whole show.

- Bruiser vs. Milonas:
I guess we're in for something goofy here. Fine by me.

OK, it's heating up now. Fun enough so far.

Bruiser's doing well now that he's on a roll.

This is fine. It definitely stands out from your standard ROH match.

Good enough ending.

- Post-match:
Silas is pretty based.

I've enjoyed the break from Lethal. It's good to give some time off to people so they don't get too stale.

- KUSHIDA vs. White:
Good start. Both men are good wrestlers.

I like the feeling out process here.

These two are working together well so far.

Good to see what these two can do. I'm surprisingly in the mood for a straight-up good wrestling match.

I'm liking the Muta Lock spot.

There's some good back and forth going on here.

Both men showing good work here. They're getting to show off what they're good at.

White definitely does what he does well. He's a believable wrestling machine.

I'm enjoying the technical displays and the submissions.

There's not a lot to sat other than this is really good and I'm enjoying it.

This is heating up really well. They're having a heck of a war.

KUSHIDA keeps going to the Hoverboard Lock. I like it.

Pretty good ending to a strong match.

- Post-match:
And here's your setup for the next title match. Should be good.

King has been underutilized at times.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment