Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live - 7/4/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Cena/Rusev:
Wow, they're kicking things off in a big way! I expected this to be later in the show.

I'm glad Cena takes the boos in stride. They're still paying to give their opinion!

My opinion of Cena has improved dramatically in the past few years. He's felt more genuine in his character.

Good work from Cena here.

Oh, yeah, he's definitely going to leave behind an all-time legacy. He's put in a LOT of work to get to where he is today.

Cena feels fresh and fired up. Glad to see it.

I was wondering when we'd see Rusev again!!

I like Rusev being resentful of the attention John has gotten.

Ha. Typical American. "If you don't like us, we'll kick your ass whether you've done anything to us or not."

I love a good "America sucks" promo.

Holy shit did Cena just say America doesn't boss people around!?

Flag matches are goofy sometimes.

Meh ending.

- Bryan/Gable/AJ:
Huh. Interesting. Does Jordan get in regardless?

- AJ vs. Gable:
I'm glad AJ's not beating him in two minutes. Gable is GOOD.

Solid back-and-forth so far.

Wow. They're letting Gable get a lot in on the former WWE Champ.

I'm enjoying this a lot!!

I love the countering here.

And some good submission work, too!

This is really solid.

I'm loving the action here.

That was a really good ending. Gable held his own for a while there.

- Post-match:
That was cool. I like that kind of thing sometimes.

- Bros backstage:
Oh Zack is totally going to turn on him.

Mojo's such a goof, but he's genuine with it.

- Carmellsworth/Naomi/Bryan:
HAHAHAHAHHA James Ellsworth has been one of the best things to happen to WWE in quite some time.

I love the gloating here.

I also love Carmella treating it like a given that she'll beat Naomi.

This is good. They're getting a lot more mileage out of this than they would with a big babyface win or whatever.

I would watch Bryan vs. Ellsworth. If they can make Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon happen, they can work something out where Daniel wouldn't need to take any bumps.

I'd pop for Kane helping his former tag partner here. I don't expect that, though.

Well that's one way to make sure James doesn't interfere!

- Naomi vs. Lana:
So much for Lana's in-ring career! I think Ellsworth would have lasted longer.

- Post-match:
Lana calling the shots and Tamina destroying people is fine by me.

- Shinsuke/Corbin:
Wow. Baron not wasting any time letting Shinsuke know what's up!

This should be a good match. They have to be careful with the booking, though.

- Rap battle:
Oh this will be fun.

Oh my Gosh those entourages.

Surprisingly not a great introduction from Big E.

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH that Xavier Woods remark. That's amazing.

This is pretty funny. Silly in places, but funny.

Hahahahaha knocking the Usos' looks.

OOOOHHHHHHHHHH that line about carrying Roman's bags.

That was so much better than most wrestling promos. It didn't feel stilted.

- English/Orton:
Randy not in the mood for a holiday music special.

Wow, Aiden's asking for it.

HAHAHAAHA Aiden got cut off from singing.

- Orton vs. English:
I hope that song was important to Aiden, because he's going to pay for that attack.

Wow. Aiden getting in some actual offense. Is he the next Jinder Mahal?

Aiden with the chance of a lifetime here.

Oh Orton's not in the mood for any of this.

Well hey Aiden can at least say he beat Randy Orton!!

- Post-match:
Tough night for Aiden.

- Jinder/Singhs/Orton:
Jinder's criticisms aren't wrong!

Oh wow. Would the whole audience fit into the prison?

That wasn't bad.

- Tye/Breezango:
This is much funnier than Dean doing something similar on Raw.

That was pretty funny in a goofy way. It didn't come across as forced like Wacky Dean.

- Kanellises/Zayn:
They're really pushing the love thing, huh?

This is goofy but not in a good way. I mean, the Bennetts are pretty bland, but there had to have been something better for them than this.

Interesting enough. I assume we're in for an ROH rematch between Zayn and Kanellis at Battleground. They might as well.

- Battle royal:
I'd pop for "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan.

Wait, where is Primo??

I love a battle royal match every so often. They're pretty fun.

I really hope they're not going to try to push Dolph Ziggler again.

Fine work so far.

I wonder if Gable's jealous of Jordan getting a spot here.

Well at least Dolph won't win.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Fandango saving Tenee.

Glad to see the former Wyatts again.

Wow. Mojo eliminating Harper is disappointing to say the least.

Hahahaha Mojo used his buddy to eliminate the big guy only to turn on him. That's savage. I would have turned Zack, since he's been a face for so long and the Z!TLIS days are LONG gone.

The babyfaces didn't take too kindly to Mojo's betrayal!!

Now this is a good final three.

Fun work so far.

Glad Tye's getting some shine here, since they don't have much else use for him.

Tye trying to eliminate both of them at once was good. It would have been a big moment for him.

I hope we're not in for the 700th Zayn/Owens feud.

Yeah the Helluva Kick might not have been the smartest move in a battle royal.

Pretty nice ending sequence.

- Post-match:
Kevin wasting little time attacking the guy who just had to wrestle a big battle royal. Smart.

Ha. Excessive taunting didn't work too well for Kevin.

That was a nice ending. Glad AJ and Owens closed the show instead of Cena.

-- 205 Live:
- Titus/Tozawa/Ariya/Mustafa:
I don't blame them at all for trying to use Titus to give this show some personality.

I love Titus trying to recruit everyone.

- Titus/Neville:
Titus makes a good hype man.

Neville makes a good point about Titus signing people up for bad things.

Neville sticking it to Titus' ego here.

Nice promo from the champ. He's better when he has someone to play off like that.

- Neville vs. Dorado:
Solid work in the early going.

I'm not a huge lucha fan. It gets too samey for me.

Lince having a pretty good showing here.

Neville's frustrations coming into play here.

That was a nice showing to send a lesson to Akira.

- TJP/Swann:
Blaaahhhhh. The people on this show are really talented, but the roster is so small that everyone's faced everyone else and the show's spinning its tires.

- Nese vs. Gallagher:
I like the technique here in the early going, but I'm going mad watching the same people do the same stuff on this show.

Nese is a really solid talent. He's very comfortable in the ring.

I like Nese using his power.He stands out on this show.

Really nice counter-wrestling and technique here.

Hahahah Jack not being suckered in there.

Fine match!

- Kendrick promo:
Wow we're still feuding about the Declaration of Independence in 2017? Like, damn. At least work a Brexit angle or something.

Brian made the most out of that really tired material.

- Noam/Alicia:
I'd like to see Noam in the ring, but you know, doctor's orders.

Good for Noam for wanting to MOVE THE FUCK ON FROM FACING CEDRIC!

I'm ready for something new to happen here. Preferably a new woman in the mix or something. Just get us away from "Noam and Cedric fighting over Alicia" already.

- TJP vs. Swann:
Fine start. I love some good grappling to set the pace.

This is a nice story in the early going.

This one's already solid.

I enjoy TJP's style. He's really a special talent.

Pretty nice work here.

I love a good submission spot.

Swann makes the most of his crazy athleticism.

This is really heating up!

TJP is a really smooth technician. I hope he's got a lot going for him in the future.

Nice kicks here.

Really good counter-wrestling to end things.

- Post-match:
Fine to presumably build TJP as a face.

So, like, where was Tozawa five nights before the biggest match of his WWE career!?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment