Total Pageviews

Friday, July 14, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 7/13/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
- Park/Grado:
Joseph's car is amazing.

So is that James Mitchell's dad or Park's other granddad?

Oh my God I'm DYING at Grado not wanting to be deported. The real-life situation is a lot less funny, but this could be pretty entertaining.

- LAX/Alberto/Lashley:
I dislike using "shoot names" in this kind of situation. It only reminds me the whole thing is fake.

So, would Alberto be OK with being part of LAX if he could be leader?

Oh God it's a "WWE sucks" angle. WWE was wise to separate themselves from El Patron given how things have gone for him lately.

I like Alberto wanting to be his own man.

I like LAX being a big, imposing faction.

Oh shit Alberto really will fight anyone regardless of whether they're on his side or not.

Lashley's got a bone to pick with everyone here, and not just because he used to work with Donald Trump.

- ACH promo:
Crazy to think Shelton Benjamin is now considered someone people grew up watching.

I like this guy's personality.

- Everett promo:
I like the Super X Cup as a concept. I'm glad we're getting this instead of a six-way spotfest or something.

- Everett vs. ACH:
And it's the indie/ROH style on full display.

Nice work so far for a match with no heat that is presumably just to show what each man can do.

Both men are good flyers. ACH feels a little fresh after his absence from TV.

A lot of action here.

Not bad.

- JB/Gail:
Gail Kim has absolutely paved a big legacy at GFW.

She's given a LOT of her body to the business during her time in GFW.

I hope she's making the right move giving it a few more months in the ring before hanging things up.

I assume they'll build to something big between Gail and an important heel late in the year.

- Adonis/Swollmates:
So this is a thing.

So much testosterone on display at once!

That could have been a lot worse. They could have beaten Adonis and Drake in a match with no wrestling training! That's not a shot at DeAngelo Williams. He put work in and had a game partner.

- Octagoncito vs. Deimos:
Octagoncito is OVER, brother. He's got a really long resume.

Octagoncito can definitely fly!

I'd assume Octagoncito has a pretty high tolerance for ass-kickings by bigger wrestlers after this long in the game.

Hahaha all these pop-up moves on the little guy.

You know, lots of flying around to show off the AAA legend.

- Grado/Park/Knockouts:
I can get behind this new comedy duo. I'm fine with some sitcom stuff in my wrestling.

- Sydal promo:
It's wild Sydal has such a legacy in the business already.

- Moose vs. Marufuji:
-- Round One:
Oh I like this one already. I'm glad GFW is bringing in talented workers from other promotions.

I'm pretty much always down for quick athletic guy vs. powerhouse.

That was solid. Glad both guys are getting a spotlight.

-- Round Two:
Marufuji has a clear strategy here. I appreciate that.

This is really good. Naomichi is selling for him big time and also getting some great moves in.

OH MY GOD what a dropkick knocking him out of the ring.

Marufuji barely saved himself there.

-- Round Three:
I love the strategy on display here.

This is one to check out.

That saved the guest from doing the direct job and continued EC3 vs. Moose. Works for me.

- Post-match:
Moose has EC3 scouted. I'm good for more between these two.
 
- LAX backstage:
Alberto just doesn't appreciate what Konnan did for him!

I'm looking forward to all that.

- Lee promo:
They really rushed this angle.

This is a good angle, but it came out of nowhere.

- Lee vs. Weeks:
I love Trevor wearing the belt while he wrestles so it doesn't get stolen again.

Dominant showing from "the champ" while that other guy without the title seethes.

Fine while it lasted.

- Post-match:
But why isn't Sonjay calling the cops on Trevor or something for stolen property? He should at least go to management about it.

Man, Sonjay spent all that time to become champion, and now he can't even keep the belt.

- Storie vs. Laurel:
I'd like to think it wouldn't be hard to beat someone this plastered, but The Sandman did pretty well for himself in ECW.

This is crazy.

Ouch. Laurel's offense isn't exactly refined. See what booze does to you, kids?

Ava trying her best here.

Wow. Laurel's not so keen on winning this one.

Yeah, I might have taken the countout win there.

Laurel loves curb stomps, huh?

- Laurel/Grado/Park/Kongo:
I can KIND OF get behind Grado using his shoot name in this circumstance.

This is great.

OH NO KONGO WHAT ARE YOU DOING???

Hopefully Grado will be safe another week!

- Ortiz/Santana vs. Lashley/Alberto:
Individually, Lashley and Alberto could beat either of these guys.

Oh, I'm liking the tag team decimation from the current and former champion.

Alberto can be a convincing ass-kicker.

LAX making use of their... ummm... extensive teaming together.

Cool inverted superplex.

I love Lashley's dominance.

I love the gang tactics, too. Not enough heel teams fight dirty.

NICE big crossbody.

This is basically an exhibition from the two Slammiversary main eventers.

Not a bad ending at all!

- Post-match:
Well, these two got on the same page pretty quickly!

That was pretty cool.

Alberto running his mouth and getting his ass kicked.

Lashley just leaving was gangsta af.

That was a fine ending to continue the feud. I look forward to more from this angle.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment