Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live - 7/25/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Owens/AJ/Y2J:
I like Owens getting a spotlight here. I assume we'll get plenty of Jinder et al. later in the show.

Hahahaha Owens putting himself over as a good person.

I'm dead. Owens did just have a big title match at Battleground. Give him a week to enjoy it before someone else tries to take it from him.

Haha, poor Richmond.

Whoa, AJ. Didn't you hear Kevin? The challenge is next week! Plus, Owens already beat you.

Man, AJ's impatient! Give it a week, champ.

It's rock superstar Chris Jericho! I'm a little surprised he's back so soon, but it is time to set things up for Summerslam.

So who else is in line for a U.S. Title rematch!?

Owens should just let them fight it out.

Jericho putting people in the Walls at the supermarket needs to be on WWE.com. That would be amazing.

Man. Kevin almost got out of it!

That should be a good triple threat!

I wouldn't be shocked to see Owens vs. Shane at some point. That could actually be pretty fun.

- Shinsuke vs. Corbin:
This is a fight after that low blow at Battleground.

I like what Shinsuke does.

Oh, Nakamura is out to send a message.

Corbin does his role pretty well.

That was a good counter to Deep Six.

This is a nice combination of workers. They contrast well.

I'm liking the submission work.

Good combination of strong style and brawling.

Shinsuke has all kinds of kicks and knees to deliver to Corbin.

Good work here.

SO many kicks!

KINSHASSAAAAAAAAA. I'm surprised they wrapped this one up so quickly (?) when they could set up a rematch at Summerslam.

- Naomi/Natalya/Carmella:
How long until we get a Bret Hart namedrop? I picture him sitting on the edge of his seat waiting for someone to mention him again.

I mean, Natalya has a point about the glowing championship. I picture Jim Cornette or someone blowing a gasket.

I'm glad Natalya is getting that kind of stage.

I miss James Ellsworth! Can't wait for that suspension to end.

- Charlotte/Becky vs. Lana/Tamina:
Lana is in a tough spot here against two former champions.

Becky/Tamina is fun, as Tamina has the size to counter what Becky excels at.

This is fun so far.

Lana's not bad. She's just in there with people who have a LOT more experience.

This is going pretty well for the Horsewomen.

Yeah, Lana was in over her head. Another win for Charlotte and Becky.

- Post-match:
Tamina vs. Lana on the horizon? I worry about Tamina if releases are coming this week. Heck, if it wasn't for "Total Divas," Lana could be expendable, too.

- Jinder/Cena/Bryan:
Randy lost in House of Horrors and the Punjabi Prison. There's probably a lesson there for anyone challenging him next.

I like Jinder growing in confidence.

Wow, Mahal already setting his sights on what's next.

Can't say I'm surprised John is already in the mix for the title.

Jinder sounds a little insecure with how he won.

I mean, hey, Jinder has worked really hard to make his WWE run meaningful.

Oh, God. Cena's going to beat Jinder, Khali, and the Singhs all at once, isn't he?

Ahhh "Super Cena" is self-aware of how of he's booked. I love it.

I mean, Cena did get the win at Battleground.

I'm glad Cena has to earn the title match by beating Shinsuke. Hopefully Rusev or someone gets involved to set up Jinder vs. Nakamura in Brooklyn. That will be big.

- Shane/Owens:
I'd watch Shane vs. Owens at Summerslam. Helicopter match?

That was good. Still waiting on a helicopter reference, though.

- Aiden promo:
I wish the Kanellises got some mic time instead. Their momentum is in jeopardy after Battleground.

- Zayn/Tye vs. Mike K./Aiden:
I am glad Dillinger's on Smackdown again.

Fine work so far.

I kind of want to see the Kanellises vs. Miz and Maryse now.

I love the kiss punch spot. So ridiculous.

English is getting some good offense in.

Mike is a serviceable worker.

I'm liking this one overall.

That was a pretty good ending. So much for building Kanellis, though.

- New Day/Usos:
Jimmy and Jey are a little upset at losing to the new Rated R Superstar.

That wasn't bad to get heat back on the Usos.


- Shinsuke interview:
That was pretty fun.

- Owens vs. AJ vs. Y2J:
Not a good place for Owens to be right now.

Hahahahaha Jericho didn't stay AJ's friend for long!

I like this being physical, but also technically impressive. Jericho's a valuable veteran to have around.

Man, Y2J going for the big moves early. Does he have a concert to get to or something?

This has been a good story so far.

All three men are solid competitors, and we're seeing that on display.

OH MY GOD that Lionsault. Good work.

I'm liking the work from all three men here.

Y2J with a really nice counter to the Walls. He's unbelievably smooth.

Hahahahahah Owens trying to steal then win off that 450,

I like all the action involved here. There's a lot of counter-wrestling and having eyes in the back of your head.

Nice to change gears from the Walls to the Codebreaker.

Nice counter to the Lionsault! This is really good.

Cannonball City?

OH SHIT I didn't see Jericho kicking out of the popup powerbomb. That has been a pretty big move.

Ha! Styles beat Kevin at his own game. That was good.

- Post-match:
Owens didn't even want to have a match tonight! And he had to face two people! Crooked Shane has it out for the Face of America!!!

Kevin has the best fits. I love it.

I love Kevin's shots at the fans. He's great.

So, like, if Owens wins next week, does AJ get another rematch the week after? How long can this go!??

-- 205 Live: 
- Neville interview:
I am kind of getting tired of "I'm the king of this show." I wish Aries was champion, or even Tozawa with Titus' help.

That was a pretty good threat to Ariya.

- Ariya promo:
Man, Daivari's not the friendliest guy to an injured competitor!

Haha I like the idea of people 60 years from now winning a title for Ariya.

- Neville vs. Ariya:
Not really sure whom fans are supposed to pull for between two arrogant jerks! Tozawa?

Ariya already playing games with the king.

This one might as well be falls count anywhere!

Remember when the frog splash was a kill move?

Remember when the superkick was a kill move??

That was a hell of a missile dropkick.

Ha. Neville just rubbing it in Tozawa's face.

Akira not in the mood for games.

Triple threat incoming? Fine by me.

- Post-match:
I wonder what Titus thinks of this.

- Kendrick/Gallagher:
Haha those damn snarky tweets!!

Poor Brian getting frustrated at trying to educate people. I know what that's like.

Brian doing his best to make an angle based on his opponent's appearance worthwhile.

I'm glad Jack finally ended that.

I like that Jack can be serious when he needs to be.

- Swann/Cedric/TJP/Nese:
This is OK enough.

OK to add some heat to the main event.

- Swann/Cedric vs. TJP/Nese:Good start.

I like the technique on display here.

I'm liking the teamwork.

Good work from all involved.

Impressive athleticism as always.

I love TJP's hang in the ropes spot.

Nese can be a pretty efficient striker. I like it.

Perkins has pretty much everything a talent can ask for as far as in-ring styles. Obviously he can't really do power at his size, but he's really accomplished with technique, agility, strikes, submissions, etc.

Man. That was one really involved forearm from TJP.

This is solid.

I'm liking what everyone's doing here.

That was one hell of a C4 spot. Really impressive.

I love how this is heating up. It's really good.

Not bad at all! TJP got the clever win.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment