Total Pageviews

Friday, July 21, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 7/20/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
- Opening video:
I really hope for GFW's sake Alberto gets out of his spiral soon. They might have to really change things at Destination-X.

- Drago vs. Guevara:
Get used to Drago in GFW. Not that I mind. I really like his look.

I'm OK with some lucha here and there.

The handshake spot is a simple (cheap?) way to establish heels and faces.

Is Guevara trying out for LAX?

I'm liking this to show off flips. At least the match has a purpose to it.

That splash from Sammy was UNREAL.

If a 630 splash can't win a match, everyone doing a 450 needs to get out of the game.

That was interesting for what it was.

- Sienna vs. A. Nova:
Good luck with that, Amber!

I like dominant Sienna.

Amber should have just stayed down after the vertical suplex!

Not bad to showcase the champion.

- Post-match:
Oh God no she's going to feud with Karen? I could never see a wrestler/authority figure squabble again and be OK.

Um, I don't think you want to mess with Karen, Sienna.

Damn. Sienna's pretty confident in herself, huh?

I wonder how many kendo sticks are actually purchased for kendo.

Grado should be cautious about getting involved with Laurel given what she's doing here.

Uh-oh. We're about to see Karen vs. Sienna in some form, aren't we?

I assume Gail's going to put Sienna over in one of her last feuds.

Last Knockout Standing should be good.

- LAX/Dos Caras, Jr.:
Wow, LAX isn't playing around.

I'm glad Crazzy got a vacation before his WWE tryout. After the war with the Hardys, he deserves to not have to run from fireworks.

I'd pop for LAX showing up at Alberto's restaurant like Alberto challenged WWE stars to do.

- Fantasma video:
AAA is really getting some air time in this exchange.

- Prichard/Trevor/Sonjay:
Wait, security is going after Sonjay when Trevor's the one with stolen property? Typical American police.

That was OK to continue the feud.

- Idris/Trevor/Demus vs. Garza/Laredo/Octagoncito:
AAA and Crash talent in the same match is pretty cool.

You can't say GFW isn't utilizing X-Division talent under the new regime. They're featuring talent from all over the place.

I give GFW more leeway with having some crazy flippy stuff because I know we're also going to get other kinds of styles on display each week. On a one-hour ROH show, I'm not as forgiving.

Lots of flying around here, as always.

That wasn't a terrible ending. Just some fun athleticism.

- Park/Grado/Laurel:
This is pretty funny.

Hey, Grado's pretty frugal!

You wouldn't think a responsible wrestling company would let Laurel wrestle given how much she drinks, but this is GFW.

Hahahaha some date.

God, Laurel! Think of the sodium intake!

I'm glad Laurel's doing this instead of ODB. Her act had run stale.

- LAX/Dos Caras, Sr.:
Man, Alberto really needs to keep track of his family instead of engaging in questionable behavior with Paige.

I'm sure this method will be effective in getting Alberto excited to join LAX.

- Low Ki vs. Sydal vs. Fantasma:
I like Low Ki just stiffing the hell out of everyone.

Fun work so far.

I'm good with some fun flying around and athleticism here and there.

This is pretty impressive!

NICE stomp to break up the surfboard. That was clever.

It almost backfired for Low Ki, though.

There's a lot of action going on here.

Everyone here is talented in their own way.

OH SHIT Sydal just stole the win.

- Post-match:
God Sydal is such a bland babyface.

If Matt wants a title shot, he should just steal the belt from Trevor! It would be like the Hardcore Title days.

Lashley is done with this X-Division shit.

Ha. Lashley has no sympy for Evan Bourne.

Lashley did kill a bunch of people. It was glorious.

Sydal just got SONNED. I hope we get a longer form of that as Lashley figures out his next steps.

- Laurel/Grado/Park:
This is goofy as all hell and I love it.

HAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT VOICE??

Aaahhhhh I can't wait for what's next.

- Swollmates/Adonis:
Well, so much for all the jacked dudes getting along.

- EC3 vs. Drake vs. Moose vs. Edwards:
Everyone here's pissed for some reason or another, so just have them all fight it out!

Eddie just has to dive every match, I think.

I really like EC3 and Moose. Two of the best prospects in GFW. Hell, two of the best U.S. wrestlers outside of WWE.

Eddie's pretty much a Terminator.

I like the heels working together, even if only briefly.

NICE double Frankensteiner. That was all well done.

I love Moose's power game.

It's good to see Moose in a match that isn't built around rounds.

GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY WHAT A POWERBOMB!!

This is pretty solid.

I like all how all these styles mesh together.

Oh man, EC3 probably could have had him if Moose didn't get involved.

HAHAHAHA Drake's win was genius. I love it.

- Swollmates/LAX/Alberto's family: 
The Swollmates get more TV time than some people actually signed to contracts.

Damn. Where has Alberto been all night!!?? That fucking Paige, I swear.

This is good. I like it being about more than MUH TITLE.

God damn Alberto you sure waited long enough!

Carlos is definitely a less intimidating name than Konnan. I still hate the shoot name thing.

Ooh. There's your Mysterio tease. More on that in the next post.

Alberto just can't stop putting people who love him in jeopardy, can he? There has to be a better way to deal with Konnan. Get your family safe first!

Wow, Alberto doing a pretty good job against the entirety of LAX.

This is pretty fun.

Alberto vs. Konnan would be good as an angle.

That kendo stick is pretty effective!

I'm liking this overall. I'm curious if they'll make a reference to Alberto's fiancee (?) at some point.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment