Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 6, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 7/5/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Strong arrives:
"Guy wrestling for his family" isn't exciting on paper, but it's been good for Roderick.

- Ohno/Itami vs. Dain/Wolfe: 
So, how long until SAnitY ruins this partnership?

I like the story of a good tag team vs. two good singles stars who don't necessarily get along. It's not the freshest thing in the world, but it's fine.

This is fun so fat from the babyfaces.

I love Hideo's kicks.

The faces are doing well so far, but I imagine SAnitY has something up its sleeve.

I'm enjoying SAnitY as a whole. Cross and EY definitely add to the total package, but this team is good, too.

I like Dain's mean streak.

Good to Itami go on a tear.

I enjoy the story of the heel team using their teamwork to play mind games with a duo that's not necessarily as experienced working together.

Hahaha Hideo's going to try to do this one on his own! He's stubborn like that.

This is a good story. I like it.

Hideo's determined to get the W here.

That was a really good ending. The two singles stars didn't look bad for losing and it continued their angles.

- Ember/Ruby:
Asuka's quite the popular lady, huh?

I'm excited for that clash.

- Drew interview:
I'm glad he's not being forgotten in all this.

I hope Drew can be the guy we wanted him to be in 2010 or so.

- Peyton/Billie/Andrade/Thea:
Clever push for the MYC while still acknowledging Billie and Peyton are still a thing.

Poor Billie! People need to show these two some respect!

With Thea playing AJ Lee, maybe some of the crazy rubbed off on her?

- Roderick/Roode:
This is a big opportunity for the ROH alum.

I love the contrast between these two. A straightforward babyface benefits from having a more colorful heel.

- Roode vs. Strong:
These are two experienced and talented workers. They know what they're doing out here.

This is already fun.

Roode's having so much fun here. I love it.

Ouch, yeah. Be careful how much you taunt!

Roode's learning how good Roderick can be.

Roode's really good. I hope he gets to show that on a bigger stage at some point.

Roderick's definitely a hard worker.

Oh shit. Not a good place to land, Roddy.

I'm liking the story of working on Strong's leg.

Roode reminds me of Triple H in the ring here. That's good company to be in.

I love the story of wearing your opponent down so much and going in for the kill.

That was a good counter to the sunset flip. Strong needs to end the work on his leg ASAP.

Classic story being told well.

This is a really solid contest. Both men are delivering at a high level without needing 578 moves to tell the story.

Roderick works best in this role it seems. The never-say-die babyface.

Nice touch with Strong not being able to hit the suplex.

Roode is sadistic for doing all this in front of Roddy's family.

Awww that's a heartbreaking ending.

Haha poor Roddy thought he had it there.

Oh that was just evil in front of Strong's family.

Great ending. Big heel moment for Roode, and Roderick put in a hell of a showing.

-- ROH: 
- Gresham vs. Flip:
Oh yay another athletic young guy doing acrobatics.

Gresham's doing a good job leading this one. He's got more to his game than "do moves."

Ugggghhhhhh it's every indie match ever.

So many flips. I'll tap out before either man loses.

OK, that superkick up top was REALLY impressive.

Flip definitely has the goods as a flyer.

I'm mostly impressed with Gresham as more than a flashy acrobat.

Superkicks must not be that super if they're just a one count!

I'm liking the back and forth here.

This had its good moments and its "look what I can do" moments.

- Shelley commentary:
It's weird to see Alex in the position to be guiding young talent. Surely he still has a lot of matches left in him?

- J. Woods interview:
HAHAHAHAHAH I just realized the shows were aired out of order. I love it Maggle.

- Silas vs. Fish:
This one's going to be interesting a few weeks from now. 

I'm liking this so far. I like both men's styles.

Both men are tough. I like that.

Silas is talented, and Fish is at a pretty high level.

I'm glad they're not getting too flippy here after the opening match had plenty of that.

I like both men's tenacity.

This is pretty fun!

Oh wow. Didn't see that one coming.

- White vs. Punishment:
Good start to this one. This should be a big clash.

Glad to see White fired up.

This is a nice combination of styles. White's the hard-working babyface and Punishment is the bigger guy trying to put a stop to him with his superior power.

White's got a lot in the tank. He's taking it to Martinez.

Pretty impressive work from White.

OH MY GOD THAT URANAGE ON THE APRON.

This isn't bad at all.

I'm enjoying the counter-wrestling here.

This is quite the match.

Nice ending sequence to give White the win. He was able to use his technique and agility to counter the hoss.

- Post-match:
Yeah Punishment's not too thrilled with losing that one.

Good ending to continue things.  

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment