Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 13, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 7/12/17

Read on for my thoughts on this week's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- Fish debuts:
ROH losing another great wrestler. They're getting decimated. They're mostly able to cover things with having talents from other companies come in and work, which is a credit to their resiliency. Fish leaving means opportunities for guys like Chuck Taylor, Flip Gordon, and international guests.

- Fish vs. Black: 
Both men are really good at what they do. I'm loving the mat work here.

This is already great. Impressive grappling AND great strikes? Good to see.

Black is already promising.

Bobby has those veteran instincts.

These two are really delivering the action.

I like Fish's strategy here.

This is awesome! Both guys are high level.

Black has pretty much everything.

That was really good. Can't wait for more from both men.

- Ohno/Itami:
These two could use counseling.

Yeah, I don't think that approach is going to work, Kassius.

- Profits video:
I'd pop for these two being part of "Robert Roode, Inc." or something. I'm glad they're going to get a chance to show what they can do on TV soon.

- Velveteen interview:
I admire him using his character skills. As great as those America tights were, this is pretty fun, too.

- Borne vs. Hachey:
Pretty basic work here. I guess the winner gets the honor of getting bodied in the first round.

They've got a really tough task following Black vs. Fish.

OK to remind people the MYC is a thing.

- Regal/Roode:
Roode has some real confidence as champion.

Hahaha Bobby subtly ducking defending his title.

Drew vs. Killian should be good.

- Gargano promo:
This is pretty good babyface stuff.

Ciampa came across as truly evil at Takeover.

I like Johnny not getting caught up in trying to find answers.

I definitely like Johnny wanting to get back on track.

Straightforward face promo, but it was done well.

- Ember vs. Ruby next week:
That one should be pretty good. Ruby's done well so far.

- Authors vs. Machinery:
I love a hoss battle.

I've really enjoyed the Authors' path of dominance.

The Authors have really been booked strong. I can see the LoD parallels.

Vince has got to be loving this one.

Tough to beat a fellow mastadon, it looks like.

I'm enjoying this battle of beasts.

They don't need 450 hurricanranas to make a good match.

I love the story that the Authors can't dominate like they're used to doing because they don't have as big of a size advantage.

I like the double-teams.

OH MY GOD HE SUPLEXED REZAR!

This is impressive!

Big vs. bigger. I love it.

That was a lot of fun!

- Post-match:
Authors vs. SAnitY would be one hell of a clash. Both sides have been built up pretty well.

-- ROH: 
- Cody promo:
I'm OK with that. ROH could use a strong talker on top of the card. Cody transcends wanting to be the best wrestler in ROH; he's not just in the company because he's not in high demand anywhere else.

- C2C/Flip vs. Castle/Boys:
This is the state of ROH's six-man division. Holy shit.

Oh this is going to be one of THOSE matches where everyone just shows off their athleticism.

Glad to see Dalton remember this is a match and he's there to beat his opponent.

Dalton making the most of this chance. I hope ROH pushes him after he signed a new deal there instead of NXT.

This is fine for the comedy of using the Boys as wrestlers and showing flips.

Gordon did an absolutely amazing aerial display to take out his own partners as well as his opponents. There's no believability in so many ROH matches these days.

I don't dislike Coast 2 Coast. I think they've got some potential.

Lots of poses here!

IT'S TWIN MAGIC MAGGLE I LOVE IT!

Castle's a work horse. He pretty much has to be when his partners are gimmick wrestlers.

This is definitely something. I'm just not 100% sure what.

God another "I don't care if I hit my partners. Just let me get my moves in." spot.

That was an OK ending.

- Silas promo:
Another guy ROH needs to use an asset.

I'm mostly excited for the rematch. 

- Ultimo vs. Taven:
Good start. I love holds, especially after that last match.

Wow, has the new Kingdom been a bust or what?

This is pretty solid. Ultimo can work.

I'd like to see Guerrero beat all three, but I don't think we'll see it.

Ha. It will take a team effort for these jobbers to win.

I'm liking Ultimo working Taven over.

I mean, Ultimo's pretty much dominating.

Nice super gourdbuster.

HAHAH just as soon as Taven gets something going, Ultimo shuts him down. Sick powerbomb, too.

Taven with a last ditch effort.

Did he really think frog splashing a Guerrero would work???

Ultimo's quite good.

Oh, wow. So much for Ultimo winning.

- More Silas:
Probably not a good idea to do a time-sensitive sign on a show that airs in different markets in different times. Nevertheless, I'm digging this feud so far.

- MCMG vs. War Machine:
This might be the last time we see Hanson and Rowe on ROH TV. It won't be the last time we see MCMG, unfortunately.

I'm liking the different styles on display, but I'm sure we'll be back to goofy athleticism from War Machine soon. Of note, I don't know if WWE would let Hanson and Rowe use that team name since Marvel has a character with that name. That's why Rhyno isn't Rhino and (The) Tazz didn't have the same name as the Looney Tunes character.

Wait, NOW you're shaking hands? Stupid.

I'm mostly liking the action here, since they're sticking to power vs. speed.

Nice dominance from the free agents.

Wow. This is a good showing from War Machine.

Nice work with a gameplan for a story being told.

I'm enjoying the double-teams from both sides. They're not just cool moves this time.

Vintage MCMG offense.

Good work showing off both sides' strengths.

I hope WWE and NJPW are watching!

Hanson and Rowe do work together pretty well.

MCMG has their work cut out for them here!

I love War Machine actually working like big hosses.

No more cartwheels from big guys, please.

This is a really solid match.

NICE big suplexes.

If they'd cut out the suicide dives and such, Hanson and Rowe could be a really good team.

MCMG has a chance if they can lay in a lot of offense!

See, big flashy moves are OK when you're a small wrestler who doesn't have much else to use to beat someone meatier.

That ended up being really solid!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment