Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 20, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 7/19/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Ember vs. Ruby:
This is good. Both ladies are talented.

I'm liking the meeting of two "game" wrestlers trying to gain an advantage.

Ruby's good, but I think Ember's got more to offer at this time.

I like how they're able to counter each other well.

Ruby's down to get physical, and Ember's got all the pieces together to be fast and furious.

Pretty good Frankensteiner spot.

I like Ember's athleticism. She has more than agility, but she uses it well.

Good work by both ladies.

- Kassius/Itami:
Wow, Kassius doesn't even get to complete his interview! That's not very cordial!

Itami might need an elbow to the face to settle him down.

- Street Profits:
OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING!!!!! With Cryme Tyme done and PTP split, we need a team like this.

- Oney vs. Burch:
Good technique to start.

I'm glad Burch is getting another shot in WWE.

Danny's got talent.

Oney does, too. It's a shame he overlaps with Cesaro so much. Maybe he can have a nice niche in 205 Live?

This is a nice fight!

Oh I'm liking this. It's pretty, but still physical.

I'm a little surprised they didn't stop the match for blood. The ref must not think it's that bad.

That was a good ending. I hope Oney doesn't get a reputation for being "unsafe" after busting Burch and Itami open.

- Post-match:
Oh I definitely want more between these two.

- Jose vs. Bononi:
Good to see Jose some more. He's been a bit lost in the shuffle.

OUCH! Cezar making the most of his opponent's hair.

That was fine to get NWJ back on track.

- Post-match:
Andrade has his hands full with her!

I like seeing Andrade and "Zolita" together. It gives them both something to do.

- McIntyre vs. Killian:
This should be a hell of a battle.

Yep, already brawling!

Killian is just straight up mean. I love it.

Dain is doing his role well. NXT has some really good prospects.

This is a pretty good fight. I'm glad it's not just a showcase for Drew.

OH MY GOD THAT CLAYMORE COUNTER.

I'm already a big Killian fan. He's good. Admittedly, I love wrecking ball hosses.

Dain's a force of nature!

I'm pleasantly surprised at how much offense Killian is getting in, since Drew vs. Roode is the logical route.

Man. Killian looks like a BEAST against the former world champion.

Killian vs. Braun when??

That was a hell of a fight. Drew earned that win.

- Post-match:
Drew vs. Roode should be REALLY good given both men's skills.

-- ROH:
- Cody promo:
Daniels got really pushed aside for Cody. It was the right move, but it sends something of a message about ROH names not being as important as big outsiders.

The guy who's supposed to be against everything ROH stands for is getting a good reception. This is a former sports entertainer who beat an ROH legend who finally won the big one!

I do like how refreshing this reign is considering what a normal ROH reign is like.

Cody does work hard, and him being champion draws more attention to ROH.

Kind of surprised he's offering Daniels that kind of rematch, but that probably gives the younger ROH Champion the edge. I wonder if/when we'll see it, since Cody vs. SANADA has been announced for the UK tour.

- Martinez vs. Gresham:
I like seeing a match with some heat on ROH TV.

Good story early.

Nice work from both sides.

GOD. STOP trying to be flippy, Punishment! Save that for Gresham to do.

This is good when the big guy does big guy things and Jonathan is the one using his speed and finesse.

I'm liking what both men are bringing to the table here.

Smart strategy from Gresham here.

Gresham might just get the win here! He's looking good.

Oh.... oh, that didn't end well at all for Jonathan.

BAH GAWD JUST END IT ALREADY!!

- Post-match:
I'll give ROH their props here. This story is progressing well.

- Bully/Briscoes promo:
I actually kind of want to see Bully vs. Mark and Bully vs. Jay.

- Mandy/Silas:
Oh my God Silas is the alt-right. I bet he's on Reddit complaining about the Doctor Who casting right now!

Good to sell Silas vs. Lethal.

- T. Boyz vs. Burger/Daddiego:
Daddiego makes me miss Donovan Dijak. I hope we see him pop back up somewhere soon *wink, wink.*

Wow! Rude as hell, guys! Show some sportsmanship!

Sho and Yohei trying to grab the brass ring.

The makeshift team is finally getting it together.

This could be a fun duo on the rare occasions they'll be on ROH TV.

- Post-match:
This just isn't Cheeseburger's day!

Daddiego vs. Ferrara when?

- Page/Bucks vs. Bully/Briscoes:
I like the Briscoes. They put in some real effort.

Briscoes vs. Bucks is usually fun. It's just something we've seen a lot of.

Ha. Don't trade chops with Bully!

I like what Bully brings to ROH. I wouldn't mind another angry old school guy in the mix.

Good work with Bully and the Bucks. Both sides got to do what they're good at.

And here's your DIVE part of the show. But hey the show's been better than it usually is as far as that goes, so have at it.

Part of me wants to Bullet Club vs. Aces & 8s for some reason.

I like the Bucks trying to rip off the old Dudley spot.

The Bucks are willing to take some insane bumps. I respect the hell out of their work ethic.

I'm liking this all around.

Wow. Page took a big one from the the former six-man champs.

And some more fun insanity.

BAH GAWD SOMEONE RESTORE CONTROL!!!

Good use of the stablemate.

- Post-match:
You'd think Bully would appreciate this kind of fighting.

I'm actually looking forward to Bully clashing with his partners. His shelf life in ROH isn't over yet.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment