Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Final Battle Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's ROH PPV.
- King promo:
I kind of wish King was in something more prominent on this show, but I assume that's coming in 2019 given the departures.

- King vs. Isom:
Solid opener so far.

Hey Isom's doing well.

HAHAHAH good ref spot.

This is really solid.

Pretty good work.

- Cobb vs. Page:
Oh this is already badass. That SSP counter was something else.

I'm going to miss Page. I hope we see him on U.S. TV somewhere soon.

Cobb can absolutely be a top player for ROH.

Wow. Good work.

Both men look like stars here.

That was really good.

- WOH title match:
-- Sumie vs. Rayne vs. Karen vs. Klein:
Nice action to start.

I like the frenzied action here.

Ugh. The Tower of Doom.

That was a pretty cool first fall.

-- Sumie vs. Rayne vs. Klein:
Ha. Klein really benefitted from others' work there.

-- Sumie vs. Klein:
This is fun.

WOW. They're putting Kelly over here.

Damn. This comes across like a war.

Nice work.

- ZSJ vs. Gresham:
Fun work so far. I like how this is different from other matches on the show.

This feels like a fight AND a fun technical match.

I really want to see more of ZSJ in ROH.

All these holds are something to behold.

That was great!

- Taven vs. Castle:
I'm liking what both men are putting on the line.

This feels like a grudge match, which is good.

Lots of shenanigans here.

This is pretty impressive!

Solid win for Taven on the road to challenging for the title at Supercard (?).

- Scurll vs. Daniels:
Good so far.

I like the strategies here.

Ahhhh this is so good I hope it's not the last we see of Daniels.

This is NICE.

I loved the Angel's Wings spot after the "broken fingers."

That was really, really good. Big win for Marty.

- Post-match:
GODDAMNIT WHY DOES THIS MAN HAVE TO BE FEATURED IN SO MANY ANGLES.

- Bully vs. Flip:
Cool entrance for Gordon.

Glad Flip is fired up.

Bully is dragging down what has been a great show. A heel should make me want to see them lose, not make me want to fast forward.

Haha good use of Daniels.

This is so ridiculous.

Oh my God how many run-ins do they need to make Bully look good in 2018?

HAHHAAHAHAHAHAH YET ANOTHER ECW CAMEO. This is awful.

God I hope this is finally over, but I don't expect it to be. Bully will do everything he can to be relevant.

- Cody/Lethal:
Wait now Cody's a heel again?

Lethal's going to need some fresh opponents after this. Bully and Taven as challengers sounds really bland.

- Lethal vs. Cody:
Hahahah I'm going to miss Cody in ROH, too.

Fine so far.

I like Lethal's strategy.

Ohhh boy more shenanigans.

OK Lethal teasing a Goldust spot was funny.

Oooooohhhhhhh Brandi took a bullet there.

OH MY GOD they're trying to outdo the previous trainwreck.

Uggggghhhhh the "look how many dives I can do" spot. Yeah I'm worried about ROH without The Elite.

Lethal feels like a heel here...

Jesus that was overbooked. Fine, but could have been better.

- Post-match:
Now Scurll as champ would be a breath of fresh air.

Yeah Aldis isn't particularly interesting either. A fine worker, but I don't want him as a top guy.

- Kazarian/Sky vs. Bucks vs. Briscoes:
So we're essentially getting a TLC match. Should be fun, but the timing is unfortunate.

The Briscoes are awesome when they come to battle.

The Briscoes destroying the guys leaving (as they should).

This is off the charts.

Crazy stuff, but I expected nothing less.

Oh shit is Kazarian hurt?

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

My God what a cutter through the table.

I loved the Triple H reference.

I mean this men are killing each other.

THIS IS FUCKING INSANE!!!!

Jesus Christ some of these bumps.

Really badass stuff. The Bucks and SCU absolutely went out on a high note. Just amazing top-to-bottom.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment