Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Raw Reax - 12/17/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- McMahons/Corbin:
I honestly wonder if Vince thinks the shows have been great lately.

This has got to be a tough pill to swallow for Vince.

OH MY GOD THEY'RE ACTUALLY ADMITTING FAULT!!!!

Hmmmm… I'm skeptical about more McMahons on TV being the answer.

This is big.

The show could absolutely use shaking up, although that extends beyond who's on screen.

I loved HHH encouraging the boos.

I'm worried giving Corbin a chance to remain GM will backfire on them.

Good setup for this match.

- Angle vs. Corbin:
Hahaha they're really rubbing it in.

- Angle/Crews/Roode/Gable vs. Corbin:
This is payback for a lot of bad TV.

Complete domination of Corbin.

- Post-match:
I mean, seriously. Baron should disappear after losing that decisively.

- Finn vs. Dolph:
Nice so far.

And the interference continues.

Looks like we're building to a triple threat.

Good action.

- Post-match:
Enjoyable work.

- Dean promo:
I like this side of Dean.

Wow. Dean has lofty goals!

Interesting. Where's Seth?

- Dean vs. Tyler:
Ha. Breeze challenging for another title so quickly after facing Ricochet.

Pretty good work!

- Post-match:
Oh Seth you scoundrel!

- Shane/Maverick:
I really hope we do see a focus on newer, younger names. We'll see when WrestleMania comes around...

I mean I don't dislike mandatory rematches. It adds to the importance of the title.

Hey that match definitely gives people TV time.

- NXT callups:
Nice. It will be good to have some fresh faces.

- Lio/Lashley/Elias:
God I love Lio.

- Sami back soon:
That's good news from an in-ring standpoint. I just hope he can feel fresh.

- AOP vs. B-Team vs. Revival vs. Kalisto/Lince:
Fine action so far.

I like how these teams contrast.

Luchadores really need to better secure their masks.

They could incorporate 205 Live into Raw and Smackdown Live to continue the fresh faces idea. No one there is doing much else.

Good to see AOP's power here.

Pretty fun work here.

- Rollins/Corbin:
We'll see what this leads to between Seth and Dean.

Haha poor Baron.

Looks like this feud's continuing.

- Ronda/Stephanie:
Ronda's getting arrogant. I like it.

Ooh. Interesting idea.

That idea works for me.

- Gauntlet match:
-- Alicia vs. Bayley:
Fine work so far.

Alicia's about to win and then beat Ronda.

Pretty good work.

- Bayley vs. Dana:
Hey Dana and Alicia are getting to wrestle on Raw.

I like the story here.

Boom. Two wins for Bayley.

-- Owens returning soon:
Cool, cool. We'll see what's different next time we see him.

- Bayley vs. Mickie:This is pretty solid. I see similarities between Bayley and Mickie's initial babyface run.

Nice work so far.

Bayley's going to look good in defeat, I guess.

There's good drama here.

Good work.

- Mickie vs. Ember:Pretty good work here.

Mickie's pretty crafty.

NICE Thesz Press counter.

Glad Ember won there.

- Ember vs. Natalya:
Moon is so ridiculously good. WWE's woes are definitely not due to talent not being athletic.

Pretty fun. I would have loved Ember vs. Ronda, though.

- Natalya vs. Ruby:
Good story so far.

I like this.

Ahhhh. I was hoping Ruby would take it.

- Natalya vs. Sasha:
I didn't know I wanted Ronda vs. Sasha until now.

This is pretty good.

I'm loving the technical skill on this episode.

WOW. Really good showing for Natalya.

- Post-match:
Hmmm maybe Charlotte and/or Becky get involved in Ronda vs. Natalya?

No comments:

Post a Comment