Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mysterio update, Questions on Sheamus, Cena, Bryan, Dynamite Kid in the HoF, and Lesnar vs. Batista, Orton talks being dropped from Marine 3, more on Ambrose/Foley, TNA/Spike updates, Punk interview, more from Steiner, Riley talks ahead of Raw, Smackdown rating, Divas leaving WWE?, Miz interviewed in Moscow, and HHH returning to the ring

Rey Mysterio is pushing for a return in May. He had earlier hoped to be at WrestleMania. Those injuries and years of bumps are catching up to him unfortunately. I'm interested to see where he'll fit in to the post-Mania picture.

My take on PWInsider.com's Monday questions is as follows:
1. Normally, I'd say something about people complaining about not pushing new talent, then complaining when they do. However, this argument actually holds water. There are also similarities with the "Five Moves of Doom", but that could be said about a number of top wrestlers. This isn't the first time I've heard this hypothesis, and it's gaining ground with me. When he turns into a merchandise machine, then I'll be more behind it. I also agree that we need more individuality in talents in 2012.

2. While I think we are seeing some more focus on some other stars (Punk, Sheamus), Cena's still very much the top guy and that's why he's feuding with Rock and Lesnar. I can see how they'd think "hardcore fans want Cena to lose, so we'll have him lose to Rock and get taken out by Lesnar". Him being the "Yankees" of WWE is a huge part of why he's booed I think, but as long as he stays the poster boy for PG and merchandise sales, I don't see hardcore fans taking to him.

3. Not yet. He's WAY too entertaining as a heel. I do see him getting "turned by the fans" for being so good at what he does down the line, though. If that new shirt of his sells well, I think WWE would take notice of his talents.

After the break, I go into the rest of Monday's news and questions. Next up, does Dynamite Kid belong in the WWE Hall of Fame?

4. I don't see why he wouldn't deserve it. Will WWE put him in? Maybe not. They're picky.


5. I don't see it happening. As they said, Batista's not a fan of the whole "PG" thing (and I don't see that changing soon). I wouldn't rule it out, but it's not something I'd give good odds to.

Randy Orton responded to the story of him being dropped from WWE's upcoming "Marine" movie.

WWE is publicizing the video posted recently of FCW's Dean Ambrose confronting Mick Foley over WrestleMania weekend. I'm very intrigued to see more of this guy in the weeks and months to come.
If using Foley gets him over, then use him.

TNA's new deal with Spike TV locks in Impact Wrestling on the network through October 2014. Both sides want ratings to increase. If any other TNA-related projects come along, Spike would be interested in checking them out. Live TNA specials are possible, and more "on the road" tapings of Impact Wrestling are planned for this year.

The one-of-a-kind WWE Champion was interviewed before Raw. Good listen as always.

Scott Steiner continues to lob grenades towards TNA's Creative team on Twitter (Warning: NOT PG). This is the most interesting thing Hogan and Bischoff have been involved in in years.

Alex Riley was interviewed ahead of Raw. Talk about a guy who fizzled after showing a lot of potential (through no fault of his own). The crowd was pretty into him there for a while, but now he's lucky to get on TV (in the U.S.). He still does solid stuff on NXT and Superstars, though.

The Smackdown after WrestleMania did a 1.93. This was the first show after Sheamus dethroned Daniel Bryan, so that's got to be disappointing.

There are rumors going around that the Bella Twins will soon be leaving WWE. However, nothing has been fully confirmed as of yet. I like them, but wouldn't see it as a huge loss if they decided to do something else with their lives.

The Miz was interviewed ahead of WWE having its first live event in Russia. I'll be curious to see how that turns out.

Update: Triple H is advertised for that live event.

That's all for Monday's news. More to come tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment