Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Query on the Big O, what happened after Raw, pre-Raw dark match features FCW performer and star with new look, updates on Bryan and the Bellas, preview for Impact, Steiner continues tirade vs. TNA, Questions on Lesnar/Cena, press for Stooges in WWE, Hall arrested, Raw rating, and Foley/Ambrose angle continues

Today's news starts with a query:
1. Yes, The Big O (from Z! True Long Island Story) is really training as a wrestler to the best of my knowledge. His trainer, Mikey Whipwreck, worked in the original ECW and helped train a number of WWE and former TNA wrestlers (for instance, Ryder, Hawkins, Barreta, Amazing Red, and Jay Lethal), so he's got a good start. I haven't seen anything about WWE being interested in him yet, but it's important to note that he's still pretty early in training.

Dolph Ziggler took an Attitude Adjustment after Raw. There was no post-show dark match.

Damien Sandow beat JTG ahead of Raw. Sandow did have his pink tights and purple kneepads. I can't wait to see how that gets over on the main roster. Wrestling is theater to me.

Update: JTG also had a new look with tights instead of jeans, apparently at the request of management. Not quite sure how to interpret that. They could just want something new from him, but with talk of releases, they could also be thinking of cutting a guy they don't do much with.

The Bella Twins will be finishing up with WWE when their current deals expire on 4/30. Though there are other divas on the roster I'd rather see compete, I certainly see why they're used. They've done their jobs well. I hope WWE makes their last couple of weeks mean something for the talent who will still be sticking around.

Daniel Bryan's new T-shirt is already on back order. There's a certain interjection he should be saying to that news. If he can draw money, MAYBE WWE won't drop the ball on him.

After the break, I go into everything else from Tuesday, including a look at PWInsider.com's questions. Next up, the preview for the next Impact.

Here's the preview for Impact Wrestling. I feel the hate building in myself already...


Scott Steiner continues the Twitter shoot promo of the year vs. TNA, looking at some of their management decisions and the consequences of them.

PWInsider.com got a number of questions on Brock Lesnar and John Cena. Good(?). Here's my take on them:
1. I agree with their hypothesis, because there's no way they're turning Cena heel. Him "quitting" would also be rather surprising. Given how him getting "fired" turned out, I don't see quitting ending much differently!

2. Cagematch can. Other than the whole "being in German" thing, it's an amazing resource for that kind of thing. As for Flair, I agree with them. The ONLY manager I think Lesnar should have is Heyman. He doesn't need one, but Heyman would be my pick if he had to have one. Don't count on seeing that, though. I don't know if Flair will be coming back for any reason, either. He's still under contract to TNA.

3. I kind of want to see what would happen if they did that. I picture a "Death of Superman" kind of thing, with a number of stars looking to replace Cena, but him ultimately returning and saving the day. It's a big risk, but maybe it would pay off?

4. Well then. That answers an important question I had. Glad to hear that we won't be getting a Lesnar they have to "play it safe" with.

5. They'd be crazy not to at the end of his run. He might not have had a long WWE career when it's all said and done, but it's already had some pretty memorable moments.

EW.com and Deadline.com looked at the Three Stooges promotion in WWE.

In a very sad story, Scott Hall was arrested after a domestic violence incident. Alcohol was a heavy factor.

Daniel Bryan was interviewed ahead of Smackdown. That was certainly different. What's the over/under on that chant getting annoying?

The rating for Raw was a 3.1 (with hours of 3.07 and 3.12). Quite disappointing given the hot Brock/Cena angle.

The viral angle between Mick Foley and FCW's Dean Ambrose continues with Ambrose being "sent home " from the Smackdown taping because Mick was uncomfortable with him being there. I'm liking this a lot.I can definitely see Ambrose's (character's) points.

That's all for Tuesday's news. More to come tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment