Total Pageviews

Friday, April 6, 2012

Superstars and Impact Wrestling thoughts- 4/5/12

The main event for today's Superstars is R-Truth vs. Heath Slater. Who will come out on top when worlds collide? Then, on Impact Wrestling, Hulk Hogan addresses the TNA roster. Who is and isn't ready, brother? Also, the Motor City Machine Guns return and Eric Young will have his bachelor party. It's times like these I wish I drank. After the break, I go into my thoughts on both shows!
Now I know why Hunico hasn't been on the main roster longer. He's not a great promo. He seems kind of miscast here.

Glad we're seeing Kidd compete here.

Good for Tyson to throw to the crowd, and for Hunico to heel them.

Why hasn't Striker tried to get revenge or anything on Johnny Curtis for stuffing him in a box?

Tyson's amazing with his technical displays.

Camacho hasn't done much of anything so far in WWE, which makes me wonder how good of a wrestler he is (or isn't).

WOW. Great counters.

These two play off of each other well.

I think Kidd could be close to Daniel Bryan's level if they give him the same opportunities they gave Bryan.

That was SMOOTH by Hunico sliding out of the ring.

Quite impressive match from these two.

This tag match feels like it's from NXT.

I like Stanford putting over the tag match from Sunday and the division in general.

I think they're chanting "YES" not "Reks", but I could be wrong.

Great double-teams in this one.

Oh, I guess we're closing things off with a video package instead of a match then.

Taking a picture with R-Truth and Little Jimmy would be great.

He goes full on into the Little Jimmy thing and I really respect that.

I'm in the mood for a comedy match. That was a hilarious use of Little Jimmy.

I like the "new season" aspect of the time after Mania.

I think Stanford and Regal would make a fun commentary team with their dry humor.

I also like Stanford pushing the importance of WM29.

R-Truth's pretty good in the ring for a guy people don't really talk about from that standpoint.

He's making the most of the "Little Jimmy" thing. Good for him.

Impact Wrestling time.

I hope you like nostalgia, because Hogan's doing the same stuff he did in the '80s.

Morgan/Crimson in a cage's more than good by me.

Didn't I see that one guy on a WWE show Monday night?

I think I'd actually pay money to see Hogan/Roode. If Roode takes him out that is. Especially if he yells "who's not ready now!?"

Angle and Hardy are victims of the law of diminishing returns for me. I've just seen them so many times (doing similar things) that I'm not incredibly interested in seeing them.

I have nothing negative to say about this match. Just, as I said, I've seen it all before.

I'm a little surprised Hogan or someone didn't make him go back to the ring.

Looks like I spoke too soon.

I can't be the only one who thinks Angle vs. Hardy is a case of "neither of these guys is doing anything else. Let's have them face off".

Also, how different does Angle look?

Entertaining Bully Ray promo as always, though I don't like that they're setting up something past Roode vs. Storm. That should be the biggest thing in TNA right now. WWE didn't tease the next opponents past Mania for the top titles.

Kind of cringe-inducing to hear a flatline after Bruce Prichard's heart attacks.

Hmmmm... this is an interesting feud. It's definitely different and could elevate Aries IF he's not squashed by the veteran. It would be kind of short-sighted, but Bully Ray vs. Devon in a title unification match would be something to see.

Joseph Park will be pleased to know that Abyss is booked for an event on Saturday.

A strawberry/banana smoothie at Burger King!?

I wouldn't mind if Storm kicked Styles right out of TNA.

Ditto for Taz.

Wow... they need to have Winter on TV more.

Whatever happened to Traci Brooks?

A bachelor's party is more important than wrestling. That might be ok if they were asking us to pay to see a wedding at Lockdown instead of cage matches.

Anderson looks kind of rough.

I wish I had a fast-forward button for ODB/Eric Young segments.

Remember when people thought AJ Styles would be one of THE guys in the wrestling business? The "John Cena" of TNA?

Quite impressive stuff here that I didn't expect from these two.

If anything, Styles is now the Miz, Ziggler, or Swagger of TNA given how far he's fallen from his title days.

Fine enough celebrity appearance since they looked like they actually wanted to be there.

I couldn't care much less about this tag match.

The JB stuff was kind of funny, I have to say.

Yeah I didn't miss this at all. If I wanted to see them do the same stuff they did in years past with cooler hair, I'd go to YouTube and watch their old matches.

I'm glad they're back as in not injured, but I'm not really excited to see them compete.

How many times can we do Hogan vs. Bischoff?

If it's a tie, can both Bischoffs disappear?

Good package on Storm.

I like the "IT Factor" tights.

I love him stealing the beer bottle from the fan. Whoever books these things is great.

Good face move by Hogan.

That's a wrap for Impact. I'm kind of burned out on this show right now.

That's all for Thursday's wrestling. Smackdown's up tomorrow. Thursday's news will be up before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment