Total Pageviews

Friday, April 6, 2012

Smackdown thoughts- 4/6/12

It's the first Smackdown after WrestleMania and we've got a new World Champion! How will the reign of Sheamus change things on Friday nights? Also tonight we have two main events: Randy Orton vs. Kane and Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.
Otunga is getting better and better. He stands out from the pack and is very smooth on the mic. Give this guy some serious ring experience and he could be someone to bank on.


Johnny finally gets entrance music!

I like that Laurinaitis "took over" Long's Twitter account.

I smell a set-up for Long trying to get his job back (though this could just be a way to totally write him off).

Laurinaitis is such a natural douchebag character. I can easily see the stories about his business philosophies being true.

Taking over the college fund is just evil. I like it.

Anyone standing up for Long right now would get a good face pop I think.

R-Truth vs. Otunga is a good throwback to NXT Season 1. It will be interesting to see how far Otunga's come since their days together then.

GREAT heel move to give Otunga a partner against R-Truth. I think he can get good heat if they keep putting him in roles where fans want to see him "get his" from someone. Why they don't book heels like that more often is beyond me.

If I'm booking this, I think I'd have Henry take Truth out and Otunga pin him. Truth could put up a good fight, and even get some shots in on Otunga, but building Otunga as a heel should be the priority.

Maybe Booker will finally get dropped as an announcer?

I'm curious as to how Washington's improved since his ECW days. I don't remember him ever having a match on TV.

They made the right move there. It continues the story of Henry/AW, gets heat on Otunga, and Truth's protected from it taking 2 guys to beat him (including the World's Strongest Man). I'd like more things booked in ways that help everyone involved.

Also a good move to set up what happens after the break.

Did I just see a TNA sign?

I'm thinking they might build Kane up to challenge Sheamus for the title. That would work for me if Orton doesn't get too "cooled off" and it makes Sheamus more of a credible champion.

I hope this is setting up Orton/Kane at Extreme Rules.

DAMN. They're going all out here.

Why are they still making American Pie movies?

Jesus. They're setting up for a war here. How many chair are under there!?

Nothing says "this is a serious brawl" like Booker going AWWW MAH GOODNESS.

Hopefully that's a set-up for Round 3 at the next PPV. Otherwise what's the point of "undoing" Kane's win at Mania?

Also, props to Kane for getting in such good shape during his time off. Smart move by WWE to take him off TV for a number of months to get rejuvenated. I can think of an Intercontinental Champion who could benefit from that too.

My body is ready for Sheamus vs. Del Rio.

I don't know who this guy is.

But I do know who this guy is.

So, is the character Ryback still Skip Sheffield?

GGGOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDBBEEEERRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Ryback looked good there. They sold him as a monster well. I just wish it would have gotten a little more time.

Good emotions by Bryan and AJ in the back.

I can't wait for that YES shirt.

Bryan's going to turn on AJ, and it's going to be so huge.

I love the support for Bryan here. And the emotions from both people in the ring.

This could be a big moment for Bryan.

Bryan confirmed for super-heel. Bryan, AJ, and the crowd are making this.

That was pure evil. Heels should be jerks the fans want to see get theirs from the "good guys".

That Blink 182 (?) song in the Mania video is growing on me.

Man, listen to how (not) excited fans are that Big Show is the Champion.

Show was actually in good form there, so I kind of take back what I said earlier.

Good for getting Show further over. Not so much for Rhodes and Slater.

I like the Bellas getting rewarded/punished based on who supported him.

Good segment with Sheamus, too.

I think the match is punishment for us for letting WWE get away with that Divas match on Sunday.

Cool look back at Strongbow.

Oh shi- Damien Sandow.

How does he get his beard to go sideways?

Good promo. I kind of like him already.

Lesnar hitting the Three Stooges with F5s would be PPV-worthy.

Urkel + SyFy. I have been waiting for this moment my whole life.

Why are we doing another "part-timers" themed show again? Oh... Legends House.

I guess we're just getting a taste of Del Rio/Sheamus tonight. That could headline Mania.

The "refs" in the front row are hilarious playing along.

Del Rio and Sheamus are two guys who should be at the top of the company. Using Kane, Big Show, Henry, etc. to elevate them would be smart.

AWESOME ending. Totally a Guerrero move by Del Rio and Ricardo is a god-tier troll.

Whoa... taking out a ref's not cool. Even for a face frustrated at a loss. I hope he apologizes or something to save face.

That's all for Smackdown. I'll be back for Raw on Monday. A news post should be up later tonight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment