Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Booker profiled, Interviews with JoMo/Mickie/Shamrock, Sorensen returns to the ring, Rock talks WCW, more on #August1Warning, WWE live event notes, TNA's problem, TNA does well on YouTube, more on Jake Roberts, MVP visits, go to WM30, and Questions on Amore, Bo Dallas, a Kane rumor, and firing Hogan/Bischoff

Here's a story on Booker T. visiting Houston. I continue to remain curious as to what they'll do with him now that he isn't GM. But it's good to not know all the answers!

The former John Morrison talked about his time in WWE as a guest on a podcast. It's a shame that he's not in WWE or TNA. He still works the indies, so maybe he'll end up back on TV at some point.

Mickie James also talked. I can't be the only one who wants her to change her theme music, though as far as giving me a reason to hate her character goes, that song works well.

Jesse Sorensen returned to the ring for an independent promotion. Note that he wasn't cleared to do so while in TNA. I hope he doesn't get re-injured.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Update: Hulk Hogan supported Sorensen returning to the ring. Real wrestlers work hurt, brother! Hogan's kind of "in his own little world" sometimes.

The Rock confirmed that he was offered a contract to go to WCW during the Monday Night Wars. That would have been pretty crazy. I doubt he would have been as successful as he became in WWE given WCW's track record with some of their stars. He would have inevitably taken a backseat to the Hogans and Nashes.

TNA has launched a Twitter account for their new mystery character. Until I have some kind of idea of who it is, I don't really care one way or another.

Alex Riley, RVD, and all three members of the Wyatt Family wrestled on this weekend's live events. So, Riley's still wrestling (in addition to commentary), RVD at least works some live events, and presumably Bray will be wrestling on TV soon. I look forward to seeing The Eater of Worlds in the ring on the main roster. I've liked what I've seen of him in NXT.

A number of TNA employees have agreed with PWInsider.com's assertion that the major problem with TNA is that there are too many chefs in the kitchen, so to speak. Kevin Nash has stated a similar opinion.

Dixie Carter put over TNA's performance on YouTube. That's pretty cool.

Yahoo! and E! have stories on Jake "The Snake" Roberts' recovery. What's with all the exclamation marks? Anyway, the stories go from heart-breaking (Roberts' relapse and not wanting to see himself in a mirror) to enlightening (how Roberts taught Page and how they're turning lives around). The remark about new moves was clever.

There's a brief mention of WWF in an interview with Ken Shamrock. Dude was scary intense.

MVP was backstage visiting at Smackdown. REV UP THOSE RUMORS. Let's not get ahead of ourselves about him returning, as cool as it would be.

Here's a WrestleMania XXX contest. It'd be nice, but I don't see it happening. I have school and all...

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
Nothing to add to 1.

2. I've been entertained by his character so far. I think you need some lighthearted, comedy characters amidst the tough guys, high flyers, etc.. Him coming to the main roster could be a ways off. He's just started his career! That said, I'd rather see him get destroyed than someone with more obvious potential.

3. I do think they're starting to be a little more self-aware about the character. It seems like they're sill positioning him as a babyface for now, but they could turn him full-on heel. I think there's potential there to play a character that people love to hate.

4. I've never heard that one!

5. WHOA, BROTHER! THAT'S CRAZY TALK, DUDE. HOW COULD YOU FIRE THE HULKSTER??? Seriously, though, I would be looking at every single talent and both their short-term and long-term worth to the company. I know I personally wouldn't mind if the Hogans hit the bricks after finishing his angle with Bully Ray. I don't know as much about what Bischoff's doing for/to the company with the exception of his production duties, so he's a little harder to evaluate.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment