Total Pageviews

Friday, July 26, 2013

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 7/25/13

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.
Superstars:
Nice little tag match between the Usos and 3MB.

Layla vs. Alicia was pretty good. I can't be the only one who wants to see Layla vs. AJ for the Divas' Title. Both Divas are talented.

Impact Wrestling:
I mostly liked the opening segment. They need to be careful to not still feel like the "same old, same old" even with Sabin as Champ.

TNA has presented me with a peculiar choice: get behind the older/Attitude Era guys or get behind the spotmonkeys. Because that's the majority of the roster that gets featured it seems.

Blah blah Hogan stuff. The sooner we're done with Bully vs. Hogan, the better.

I really liked the Perkins/Manik video. That's a story I can get behind.

Honestly, I've seen so many Ultimate X matches that nothing in them is really all that shocking anymore. They're still insanely dangerous, though. How long until the X-Division goes back into obscurity, I wonder?

I liked the Bully/Anderson segment. TNA gets a pass for keeping the Aces and Eights angle going since they did shake things up some with Sabin winning the Title. I'll almost certainly be ready for it to die by BFG, but for now I can live with it.

Anderson vs. Hernandez was fine. Neither are really among my favorites in TNA, but they're not "bad" by any stretch.

I wish I could cut out all of the segments involving the Hogans, Dixie, etc.. I understand why they have them, but I'm personally here to watch the actual wrestlers.

Eric Young - still employed (as of this writing). Another performer whose segments I've wanted to skip for a long time now. I'm getting closer and closer to being ready for the Joseph Park/Abyss saga to at least have a new chapter. It's moving along at quite a glacial pace.

I liked the Velvet segment. She's not usually that great of a promo, but her character was really motivated here.

Mickie vs. Gail was pretty good. They can certainly bring the physicality.

Ugh. ODB. Also still employed. Not Cheerleader Melissa (Alissa Flash). Not Sarita. Not Winter. Not Ivelisse. I might even prefer Angelina Love to her.

Instead of using TV time to have segments with the new TNA Champion, we get more stuff with Dixie and Hogan. Priorities!

Daniels vs. Joe was pretty good. TNA can always rely on those two to put on a solid match.

Fine Sting/Angle segment, but there's another segment that doesn't feature the new TNA Champion. They don't want to change things TOO much, I guess. Hopefully now that they know how well last week's show went, they'll shift gears.

AJ Styles just beat Jeff Hardy! By tapout! Finally something I can praise TNA for tonight.

I liked the post-match there. I hope they do something big with Styles at BFG and beyond, no matter who his opponent is.

Oh no, there's more Hogan stuff tonight? Damn it.

I mostly liked the final segment. Bully's amazing as a heel and Sabin is growing as a performer. It might take him some time to become a true flag bearer for the company, but I'd be willing to give him a chance to retain over Bully if he does well in the next few weeks. And as I said, the sooner we get away from Hogan vs. Bully, the better. If they do go with Hogan vs. Bully for BFG, I think they should have Hogan appear more sparingly in the month of build up (just appearing in some brief training videos or something).

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment