Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Query on WWE losing ground?, Interviews with Taeler/Punk, TNA mystery continues, Kharma returns to the ring, update on Roberts, Flair 2016?, Maria takes shots at Bellas, JR targets Cena haters, more "Total Divas" hype, PPV name change official, Smackdown audience, and Questions on Cody Hall, Mania locations, Taz in TNA, TNAcide, and heel JR

First up, a query:
1. It's a little tough to say whether WWE is "losing ground". Things are pretty complicated, since you have to look at their international business, their spending for things like the Developmental Center, etc.. I'd say that they're still in a pretty healthy position, for what that's worth.

Taeler Hendrix talked about her release from TNA and more. Here are some highlights. A size 3 is too heavy for TV? lolTNA. Just when they show some hope, something happens that makes me facepalm. I think it might be time for a regime change.

C.M. Punk had a pretty good interview over the weekend about Brock, Vince, and more. I can certainly see how Punk's attitude would make people wary of dealing with him.

TNA continues to push the mystery of their August 1 videos. I bet it's former FCW star Buck Dixon! Nah, seriously, I have no idea. I was impressed with Adam Pearce on Gut Check, so I suppose I'd be ok with it being him. TNA could certainly sign worse (and has in the past). I don't see it being Bob Holly. That'd be all kinds of lolTNA. He's 50 and pretty much retired.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Amazing Kong, a.k.a. Awesome Kong a.k.a. Kharma is getting back in the ring soon. Could she be heading back to WWE? I'm pretty sure that she's decided against returning to TNA (not that I blame her).

Here's an update on Jake Roberts' rehabilitation. He looks almost like a completely different person! That's awesome. The video was very good as well.

Mandatory.com looks at why Ric Flair should be president.That was certainly interesting. Can you imagine Flair's budgets?

Maria Kanellis took a number of shots at the Bellas via Twitter when "Total Divas" debuted, as recapped here. They should thank her for the free publicity for the show. Actually, they shouldn't acknowledge her at all now that I think of it. It's not like many people are talking about her these days anyways outside of the Bella remarks.

JR said some things that some IWC members won't like about a Cena heel turn. I would have expressed things a little differently, but I think he's on the mark. He also talked about ROH, Taker, and more.

The Bella Twins did some more promotion for "Total Divas". I'm sure that Maria sends her regards.

WWE has made it official: their October PPV is now called "Battleground". It is what it is. I don't dislike the name at all.

Justin Gabriel did press in Cape Town. Is that picture from a video game?

Smackdown got an impressive 2.65 million viewers this week.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think that people expect to see that from him at this stage of his career. I don't think I'd want to see him just do what his dad did in the ring (or out of the ring for that matter) forever, though.

2. WrestleManias for everyone! Maybe Jacksonville didn't make them the right offer. I know that they got more than 80,000 at Mania last year, so maybe it's not quite big enough?

3. Maybe MEM beat him up! Or... maybe he had the taping off. I would have been ok with JB taking over.

4. I'll save the Hogan impression. I don't want them to get shut down. I want them to shape up, even if that means someone else is at the helm. And yes, I think they need to take a good look at everyone's contracts, including Hogan and Sting. I wouldn't mind at all if 2013 is the last time we see either in TNA.

Nothing to add to 5, other than just about everyone loves JR and doesn't want him to be heel.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment