Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Smackdown Reax - 7/26/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.
How long was Sandow cutting promos like this before he was on the main roster? I feel like I've missed out.  They're almost always really good at any rate.

Orton vs. Sandow was pretty good. I wouldn't be shocked to see Sandow as "ready" for the World Title by year's end. I like that they protected Sandow by having Rhodes bring about his defeat.

I liked the post-match. Sandow vs. Rhodes could be pretty good.

I liked Punk's promo a good deal. I wish more people's promos felt as real as his (unless the character is deliberately over-the-top like Sandow, Fandango, etc.). I guess Fandango was just there so Punk could hit the GTS on someone to give the crowd that kind of moment.

As tired as I am of PTP vs. the Usos, this was a pretty good little match. Both PTP and the Usos are growing as competitors and as teams. They're getting more fluid and the like. I'm impressed. I'm also glad that Henry's still around. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him for the next three years (since he's faced pretty much everyone), but for now he doesn't feel like he's overstaying his welcome.

I really liked the Del Rio/RVD segment. They just used Vickie to advance their feud. In other words, she had a purpose beyond just being there.

Was anyone else expecting Sin Cara to be Cody in a Sin Cara mask?

Del Rio's legitimately hurt, so they probably had to keep his involvement here short. I liked how they used him at any rate. Very heelish.

Not a bad segment with Sandow, Henry, and Booker. I wouldn't mind Booker getting back in the ring vs. Sandow. It would be a great learning opportunity for Sandow to work with the Hall of Famer, and of course a win would look good on his resume!

The Dolph/AJ/Langston/Kaitlyn segment was pretty fun. I've enjoyed all of their work (though Big E is still fairly new to the main roster and hasn't had the chance to earn my praise at the level of the other three, who have been amazing).

The Wyatts' in-ring debut was pretty cool. Simple destruction. They're not trying to have a "good technical match" with a bunch of cool spots like so many people these days. They're somewhat animalistic and I like that. I've seen more of them in NXT and they've been pretty impressive there.

Another fun Wyatt promo. I can't wait for Wyatt vs. Kane. It seems like so many matches are rushed, so I'm glad they're taking their time with this one.

Fine Damien/Vickie segment to keep that story going.

I have about a 90% "literal lol" rate with Colter's promos. They're that amusing.

Christian vs. Swagger was really good. Christian's years of in-ring experience make him awesome at putting matches together.

Classic stuff between Sandow and Rhodes. I think every time they're close to the Gulf of Mexico, they have to acknowledge it.

That was a pretty weird ending to the show. That's pretty much how those segments always go. I'm just surprised that they ended the show with Rhodes and Sandow instead of, say, Del Rio or someone.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment