Total Pageviews

Friday, July 5, 2013

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 7/4/13

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.
Superstars:
Barrett continues to improve in the ring and looks more and more like a future WWE/World Champion. Ryder's always good, but never looks like someone they just HAVE to use in a major way. Maybe as part of a team again or something he could get a fairly regular spot, but for now, I can't complain too much that he's stuck. What could they really do with him that would get him a regular role?

Here's out "reality show promotion" match. It wasn't bad by any stretch. Naomi's growing well and Natalya is a true ring veteran. I wonder if they'll (be edited to) get along on the reality show?

Impact Wrestling:
Pretty cool opening segment. That's definitely the most pushed the X-Division has been in quite a while. Sabin is really fired up, which is nice. He's not just getting ready for another spotfest; he wants to win the gold.

I'm glad they set up Kazarian vs. Styles instead of it just "happening" with no build.

I was impressed with Kazarian vs. Styles. It actually felt something like a fight or match instead of an exhibition of moves.

Fine little Mickie segment to set things up for later.

I have a feeling we're in for Chavo vs. Hernandez down the line. That should be interesting.

Nice Mickie segment! That's the most I've cared about her in a LONG time.

I think they'd be crazy to sign either Gut Check competitor with the budget problems they're having.

Nice little MEM segment to continue that angle.

Nothing wrong with Bradley vs. Hernandez. I'm a little surprised that they're pushing Hernandez over the younger Bradley, but maybe I shouldn't be? Hernandez first appeared with TNA way back in 2003. They like their Originals. I'm interested in where they're going with Chavo at any rate.

Amusing stuff with Aces and Eights.

They jumped right into this Tag Title feud, no? I wonder what the future holds for the challengers given the budget issues. Storm and Gunner looked very impressive.

Nice segment with Hardy.

Good segment with the MEM. It isn't the most unpredictable angle out there, but it's good. I hope Magnus gets elevated by the association.

I continue to be amused by Joseph Park. It's a nice change of pace to see him compete.

I can't say that I'm shocked about Howe not getting a contract, even if there weren't the budget issues. He's got a nice look and personality, but his match last week left a lot to be desired. Maybe in a couple of years, he'll be worth another look, but right now he's no one to throw money at.

Another good Aces segment to continue things. It does feel like the angle's moving at a glacial pace, and I don't know if it can be kept interesting in the months between now and BFG, but I suppose the alternative is short-sighted changes and swerves?

That was a pretty cool main event as far as big moves and such go. They did tell a story of trying to win a match for once. That was good for putting Sabin over for sure. I still think Bully should win, but Sabin showed me something. Hopefully A-Double is headed for bigger things after the loss.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment