Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Raw Reax - 7/1/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
I loved the opening segment. Yes; it was predictable with everyone interrupting everyone else, but the verbiage was really good.

That wasn't my favorite Wyatt Family promo, but it was still good. I'm pretty much ready for them to debut.

Nice 6-man tag to keep those feuds going. The Usos are getting better. I don't think that they're good enough to beat The Shield, but they're stepping it up some.

Interesting stuff with Hell No.

Ziggler vs. Mahal was fine to keep Ziggler relevant. He doesn't look like a recent World Champion, though. He's pretty much where he was before he won the Title, only without the briefcase. He's going to need one heck of a rebound.

The post-match was fine. For once Ziggler isn't beaten up!

I like this stuff showcasing the history of the WWE Title to show how important it is (or used to be at least).

Could it be any more obvious that they're just shoehorning the McMahons into segments? I'm really tired of them just showing up and not doing anything of meaning.

Awesome Henry video. I wish more talents got videos and such. It would be great for Ziggler to get one trying to regain his World Title.

A little surprised that the match ended like that.

Ok then. Interesting rematch as well.

I hope this is all leading to Bryan being a top act.

Normally I like Punk looking like a badass, but I'm not a fan of him saying he can beat both members of PTP by himself. If PTP doesn't fire back (either on the mic or in the ring), it makes them look weak.

Seriously? They just bring Fandango back with no hype? Way to say that he doesn't mean much. Not a great return match, either. I'm not saying that he should have beat Sheamus, but he was something of an afterthought. After all that hype for his first match, he's now just another member of the roster. I hate when they take acts that used to be meaningful and make them afterthoughts. He beat Chris Jericho at WrestleMania in his debut, and now he might as well be David Otunga.

Are you serious? Way to throw Ryback under a bus. He used to be a killer, and now he's stopping matches. Jesus. I liked that Miz continued to show that he's criminally underrated as a wrestler by the IWC, but Ryback deserves better.

WWE wonders why new stars don't get over the way they want at the same time as they have Ryback get taken out by Jericho. Jericho's going back on the road with Fozzy soon, and Ryback could use some credibility after coming up short in his quest for the WWE Title. This is insanely backwards.

Amazing emotion from Henry. He's definitely still got "it". After the journey he's had, you can definitely say that he's earned the WWE Title.

The Vince McMahon character is one of the most played out characters in wrestling. Him appearing used to be something to look forward to, because it meant something big was going to happen. Now? He's just used as a ploy for ratings and because USA Network likes him. It's ridiculous.

The tag match was fine, though of course it did nothing to elevate PTP. I will say it gave them the biggest platform they've had in their whole career in they didn't look like chumps. They just weren't as good as Punk and Axel. I liked the interplay between Punk and Axel, which was the true story here.

Sting on WWE TV!? Whaaaaa? I guess I shouldn't be TOO shocked, but it's certainly out of the ordinary.

I would have liked the Divas' match to go longer, but we got some flashes of what the two of them can do. Both are pretty talented (Alicia's been brushing up on her game in NXT).

They're riding Kaitlyn pretty hard, aren't they? Wow. Definitely adds heat to the feud, though. Previously I've said that this is my favorite Divas' feud outside of Trish vs. Mickie and Kharma. I mistakenly left out Trish vs. Lita, which was truly great. At any rate, this is definitely a really good feud.

I'm glad that Linda and Shane aren't in WWE anymore: No doubt they'd be in a bunch of segments here, too. Pretty funny line from Stephanie about confusing direction from the top, since that's pretty much what WWE is like at times: Vince approves something, and then changes his mind, etc..

Nice promos from the heels, to the surprise of no one.

Fine stuff between Cesaro and Rhodes. Heel vs. heel matches are weird, but there was nothing wrong with either man's performance. I'm a little surprised that Cesaro beat Cody clean. Both guys are talented, but I would have liked there to have been an "out" for Cody - a distraction or something he can blame the loss on.

Of course we see how great HHH was as Champion.

Fine stuff with the Divas. I'm not really crazy about any of those characters in their current roles (since they're not really doing anything important), but it was ok to promote the show.

Curious that they're debuting the Wyatt Family next week. I figured they'd be saved for the week after MITB.

Having two World Champions face off used to be a pretty big deal, especially when World Champions were in different companies or on different brands that had little crossover. Now, it's not nearly as special. Heck, neither guy cut a promo before the match. At any rate, that was a pretty crazy ending. The match itself was top-notch, and I can't help but laugh at the notion that Cena "can't wrestle" or "sucks" after seeing it.

Nice ending segment. They didn't need to beat the hell out of each other to build intrigue for their title match.

I'm ready for the Wyatt Family debuting.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment